The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Never in doubt... :P
Bit nervy near the end and a pretty poor performance overall but a massive 3 points.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Hard work to win that. I wanted no part of emre can after 15 minutes. Great goal but poor elsewhere. Woodburn has a lot of potential. Who was the lad wearing Mignolet's shirt on crosses? He did well. Mane was solid throughout showed a threat but the whole team was not consistent throughout. Lallana and countinho were not that great. Makes another good case for reinforcements this summer. Lucky to take the 3 points.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armamike

Fairly desperate stuff. Hung on for dear life.  Nobody in midfield with composure to get on the ball and pass it. Mane kept losing the ball. Continho was awol. Hopefully Klopp won't mention character in his post match.
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

Another awful performance under Klopp against a side they should be beating comfortably.

Main Street

Quote from: Armamike on March 12, 2017, 05:58:14 PM
Fairly desperate stuff. Hung on for dear life.  Nobody in midfield with composure to get on the ball and pass it. Mane kept losing the ball. Continho was awol. Hopefully Klopp won't mention character in his post match.
That's why you just take the hard earned 3 points and walk on, don't look back.

J70

Recent Burnley results include 2-1 losses to Spurs, Arsenal and City and a 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

laoislad

Henderson was missed again. Already ruled out of the City game also..
I know he scored but I thought Can was poor enough, I see he got man of the match though so what do I know  ;D. I thought Gini was the Liverpool man of the match myself.
Mignolet deserves a mention also I thought he done well today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Henderson is never missed. He's awful.

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2017, 07:41:05 PM
I know he scored but I thought Can was poor enough, I see he got man of the match though so what do I know  ;D. I thought Gini was the Liverpool man of the match myself.

Mignolet was good alright.  Came for the ball and made sure he got it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2017, 07:41:05 PM
Yeah, agree with that. Can, Milner and Coutinho all poor.
Gini was liverpools best player by a distance
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Stallion

An example of how delusional some of my fellow Liverpool supporters are:

https://twitter.com/SwoopTransfer/status/840969735533678592

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteToday marks 125 years since Liverpool FC was formed.

On March 15, 1892, John Houlding famously broke from the board of Everton to form a new club - Liverpool.

Club historian and museum curator Stephen Done explains: "It's perhaps not widely known that Liverpool FC's founding father and first president, John Houlding, was originally president of Everton but, after a huge fall out over a number of issues including rent, he was removed from his position.

"This left Houlding and his colleagues with a fine football ground but no team and no name! The evening of March 15 at Houlding's home, Stanley House, a new club was proposed and given the name Liverpool Football Club.

"And so began the plans to recruit new players and to formally enter the Football League. By June 3, Liverpool Football Club was official."

The club will mark its official 125th birthday on June 3, 2017 - the day the club was officially recognised by the Board of Trade in 1892.

This year, 125th birthday celebrations will be kicked off with the release of a special anniversary LFC crest, which will be revealed on next season's kit in April.

Details of how fans can get involved in the club's 125th anniversary will be announced in the coming weeks.

TabClear

Fair result. Either team could have won it.  Two unbelievable misses from lallana and aguero!

Get the Derby out of the way next up and hopefully there should be a lot of weekends where the other teams battling for the top 4 take points of each other.

The Stallion

Surprised Liverpool weren't capable of scoring against City's awful defence other than a penalty.

Easy run-in from here onwards, surely with Arsenal having given up and Utd competing in Europe Liverpool couldn't mess up finishing top 4? Even Klopp isn't that incompetent surely?

StGallsGAA

Aguero's face at the end had that "I know I'll be sold for fluffing those sitters" look! 😅