Bruce Springsteen: Imagine - Darkness Revisited

Started by Tony Baloney, December 07, 2010, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 15, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
On tonight on BBC 4.

Also 21:00 Bruce Springsteen's The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town (T) Documentary featuring footage of `The Boss' shot from 1976 to 1978, capturing home rehearsals and recording sessions that reveal the singer-songwriter's creative process at work.     

22:30 Bruce Springsteen: Darkness Live 1978 (T) Footage of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's concert in Houston, where the singer-songwriter played songs from his fourth studio album Darkness on the Edge of Town.

23:30 BBC Four Sessions (R) (T) American rocker Bruce Springsteen performs folk songs from the 1950s in a hootenanny-style tribute to Pete Seeger. He is joined by his wife and E Street Band member Patti Scialfa and an 18-piece ensemble including horns, fiddle and accordion at LSO St Luke's in London. The Boss also talks about the making of his album We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions and his fascination with folk music

thanks for that denn forever , anyonw know the codes to get bbc4 on Sky ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 15, 2011, 05:17:41 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 15, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
On tonight on BBC 4.

Also 21:00 Bruce Springsteen's The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town (T) Documentary featuring footage of `The Boss' shot from 1976 to 1978, capturing home rehearsals and recording sessions that reveal the singer-songwriter's creative process at work.     

22:30 Bruce Springsteen: Darkness Live 1978 (T) Footage of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's concert in Houston, where the singer-songwriter played songs from his fourth studio album Darkness on the Edge of Town.

23:30 BBC Four Sessions (R) (T) American rocker Bruce Springsteen performs folk songs from the 1950s in a hootenanny-style tribute to Pete Seeger. He is joined by his wife and E Street Band member Patti Scialfa and an 18-piece ensemble including horns, fiddle and accordion at LSO St Luke's in London. The Boss also talks about the making of his album We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions and his fascination with folk music

thanks for that denn forever , anyonw know the codes to get bbc4 on Sky ?
10.773, H, 22.0, 5/6

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hadn't realised this:

Overall, his [Springsteen's] heritage is 50% Italian, 37% Irish, and 13% Dutch.

Hadn't realised there was any Irish in him at all, never mind 37%! (Not that it matters)

Source: Wikipedia.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggy90

Quote from: mc_grens on January 15, 2011, 04:17:17 PM
Quote22:30 Bruce Springsteen: Darkness Live 1978 (T) Footage of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's concert in Houston, where the singer-songwriter played songs from his fourth studio album Darkness on the Edge of Town.

The full version of this is on the box set- outstanding stuff.
Did you see himself and Miami belting out Sherry Darling? A very underated song imho it's one of my favourites off that album. The man is the Cappo di tutti Cappo.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ziggy90

I know it's off the river I was trying to say did you see the pair of them on Darkness re-visited
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

boosabum

I see Clarence "big man" Clemons suffered a stoke last night. No word on his condition yet. Probably the end of the ESB as we know it.

Declan

QuoteI see Clarence "big man" Clemons suffered a stoke last night. No word on his condition yet. Probably the end of the ESB as we know it.

Saw that alright - Whatever about replacing the other members as age catches up with them no Big Man means it wouldn't be the same

Billys Boots

Sad news alright about Big Man; he's not been in good health recently either.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ross matt

Quote from: boosabum on June 13, 2011, 02:10:35 PM
I see Clarence "big man" Clemons suffered a stoke last night. No word on his condition yet. Probably the end of the ESB as we know it.

Heard it this am. Poor guy. Health troubles for a long time. The ESB wouldnt be the same without him alright. Plenty of road left in Bruce though. I was thinking he might have been planning another solo or acoustic project again soon anyhow.

thejuice

Sad to hear about Clarence. Jungleland wouldn't be half as good without him, nor 10th Avenue Freeze out, Hope he gets well soon. 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

David McKeown

Very sad news, I would imagine we wont see the ESB at the same level again, I just started watching his Live in London Blu Ray again yesterday Clarence was immense,

Last year at one of the Dublin shows his nephew came out and played with him and it seem to be a real special night for the big man.  Pleasure to have been there for that (and Bruce's son played too)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Sandino

Very sad news! I hope that the Big Man pulls through with his skills and his dignity intact. With the loss of Danny I think this means we will never see the ESB again.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''