The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mourne Rover

It's all down to the last game now, which we would have taken at the start of the season and looked a remote prospect only a month ago. Elland Road is a 38,000 sell-out, which sometimes piles the pressure on the players, but Bristol Rovers have nothing to play for. There is an outside chance that a draw would do, but surely with automatic promotion guarenteed for a win we will finally get out of this division. While you can never be sure with Leeds, it is a fantastic opportunity.

SLIGONIAN

Disappointed we didnt get the goal last sat, grayson had 5 strikers on at the end trying to win it, as we knew tranmere were winning it was the right thing to do, but we got caught pushing too many forward, we played well in patches, and created some clearcut chances.

Huge pressure on Leeds on sat, one of the biggest games in our history imo, we have to get out of that division. 39,000 sell out, hope they roar the lads on to victory. Will try my best to watch it, and hope someone streams it on the net.

ross4life

It's Funny how Football works, in 2001 on 8th of May Leeds were playing in the Champions league semi final knowing a win or a score draw would get them to the Final! 9 years on a win here on the same day will get them back in the Championship on the Road to recovery

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stew

Quote from: ross4life on May 05, 2010, 07:13:01 PM
It's Funny how Football works, in 2001 on 8th of May Leeds were playing in the Champions league semi final knowing a win or a score draw would get them to the Final! 9 years on a win here on the same day will get them back in the Championship on the Road to recovery

Poor money management have them in this prediciment but I tell you this, a savvy investor could make millions on the buying of leeds, they are a sleeping giant and if they get promoted they will greatly enhance the coffers of many's a championship side.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Denn Forever

I think Ken Bates may have something to say about that.  It would be hard to prise it from his grasp.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

stew

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 05, 2010, 10:23:15 PM
I think Ken Bates may have something to say about that.  It would be hard to prise it from his grasp.

His grip would loosen if they got promoted, he would get a ton more than he put in and I am sure he would like to see the club have the resources to get to the next level after that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 05, 2010, 10:23:15 PM

He paid 10 million for Leeds and we would of went down under only for him. In fairness hes got us debt free (although we dont own the Elland rd or thorp arch) we have buy back arrangements though, and the support is still there, Leeds had 65,000 at the play off league 1 final with doncaster and thousands didnt get tickets. Also leeds has qualified as one of the staduims for the 2018 world cup bid for england, and plans for hotel at the ground and capacity increase to 51,000 are planned but we need to get back to the premiership.

He sold Chelsea and left them in good shape, its all about finding the right buyer, also hes getting older and he lives in monaco so he pass it on. I met him once outside elland rd and he is a bit of a obnoxious git even to leeds fans.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 05, 2010, 10:46:02 PM
He sold Chelsea and left them in good shape,

Not sure about that Sligonian - only Abramovich (sp) came in, Chelsea were going the same way as Leeds - unfortunately west London was more appealing to him than West Yorkshire.

To be honest, there's part of me feels strangely relaxed about it, i.e. if Leeds don't beat Bristol Rovers at home on Saturday, then they don't deserve to go up...........I probably won't be feeling like that though come Saturday afternoon!!!!!   :-\

Billys Boots

Yep, I'll be relaxed for the afternoon on Saturday too - as Rufus says, if they can't do the business on the day, they shouldn't be going up. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

ross4life

Well done Leeds, Football needs you back in the big time

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magickingdom

delighted to see leeds up but feel so sorry for gillingham. they nearly made the premiership a few years ago if i remember right

SLIGONIAN

Well i watched that game in full, Im so proud of the leeds players, down to 10 men and 1-0 down, and to comeback, absolutley exctatic....played great stuff when the chips were down.

My legs were shaking i was so nervous for the last 15mins

lets go fking mental

Super Leeds

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony Baloney

Super(ish) Leeds back in the big(ish) time. They hate Man Yoo so they can't be bad.