Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

The standards of Camogie and Ladies Football have greatly improved over the past decade. Being from a relatively non-hurling county I would rarely have watched the camogie final but was greatly impressed with the quality on show yesterday. Ladies football needs a look at its rules as most teams are being coached in tackling on the same basis as men's football but efforts to rip the ball etc are being blown by some refs and ignored by others. The same applies to the physical contact rule with some blowing for minimal contact and others reffing as per GAA rules.

screenexile

Not much talk on here today . . . I thought yesterdays game was far and away a better match than the Hurling Final!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: screenexile on September 18, 2017, 02:05:37 PM
Not much talk on here today . . . I thought yesterdays game was far and away a better match than the Hurling Final!

I agree that the football was a better game but the Hurling didn't leave the majority of the GAA public depressed and empty at the result of it.

laoislad

One good game a year.. ..
Hurling Championship was far better over all.
Even the Camogie final was better than most of the football  this year  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

That was a serious game yesterday and the best games this year and past have had Mayo involved, but not enough games to warrant football is better than hurling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yesterday was the two best teams in football playing with nothing between them.

The semi final between galway and tipp was the two best teams in hurling playing with nothing between them.

The games between the top teams are always good. There used to be less top teams in hurling but now there is less in football so the real good games are harder to come by.   

didlyi

Well summed up. Yesterday was a great game but its seem we have to wait maybe 364 days for the next one. The 2018  hurling c'ship  will throw in as it ended this year with many games impossible to call. The 2014 hurling final and replay were fantastic games in what was otherwise a poor championship and as with the Dublin this year Kilkenny ran out winners then and the depression continued.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on September 18, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

Nonsense there were plenty of good games in the Championship just because they weren't games between the top teams and the audiences weren't big doesn't mean it didn't happen!

This was probably as good a Champoonshil as there has been in a long time.

imtommygunn

What were they? I can think of about one mayo weren't involved in.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: laoislad on September 18, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

Tosh, Mayo V Derry, Mayo V Kerry drawn game, Roscommon V Mayo drawn game were all very enjoyable games with yesterday's game the icing on the cake. Mayo being the common denominator

Syferus

ashman

Yesterday was a great game but the result left a coldness .

The bottom line is that hurling was a better championship and for all hurling's imbalance and lack of spread the needs of the governing body to fill Croke park has never influenced who wins the hurling championship .