Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 15, 2020, 10:24:29 AM
I'd fancy Cavan to win by a point or two

They'd need to buck up.
The Athletic grounds is a bit muddy, what other games were there recently?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM
Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.
       Should be a close enough affair with Cavan to shade it.

Looks like Down have done it all by half time.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Itchy

Very disappointed with this from cavan, never got going and down are the opposite and playing with great confidence and pace. No coming back from this.

Angelo

Down have natural forwards where as Cavan don't.

Mooney has been absolutely sensational, his forward runs are hurting Cavan everytime but the amount of quality defensive work he has done has been terrific.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Cavan still in this. You can't touch a goalie in the square mind you so to me no penalty.

grounded

Quote from: Orior on November 15, 2020, 02:14:01 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM
Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.
       Should be a close enough affair with Cavan to shade it.

Looks like Down have done it all by half time.

Christsake, kiss of death

Angelo

Ref gives a penalty after consulting with the umpire for a pickup off the ground.

Weren't there posters saying this couldn't be done three weeks ago?

grounded

Down showing frailties here. Missed 2 or 3 goal chances and now getting it tight. I thought there wasnt a big lot between Cavan, Down and Armagh before this weekend.
     Im afraid Donegal on current form would beat the pick of them.

armaghniac

BBC have excellent pundits, not so sure about the commentary. Niblock is pedantic, "Down now have the football", "this football match is more even now". WTF, what other sort of ball or match is going on in front of us?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim Bob

Tally's odds for the Tyrone gig lengthing big time

Itchy

Going to give donegal 10 point lead at the start for the final. Well done to the lads, magnificent 2nd half

macdanger2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2020, 01:43:14 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 15, 2020, 10:24:29 AM
I'd fancy Cavan to win by a point or two

They'd need to buck up.
The Athletic grounds is a bit muddy, what other games were there recently?

Never doubted it  8)

Armagh18

Some comeback in fairness. Donegal will ate them alive though

Angelo

Down absolutely butchered that, they had a number of goal chances at the end of the first half, start of the second that would have killed off the game but didn't take them.

I would be furious if I was a Down player though at the referee, tackling was being refereed completely different at opposite ends of the pitch in that second half.

Nanderson

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
Ref gives a penalty after consulting with the umpire for a pickup off the ground.

Weren't there posters saying this couldn't be done three weeks ago?
Yes it can't be done. My assuming is that the ref had made his decision it was a penalty at the least but wanted to make sure the ball hadn't crossed the line legally to award a goal instead. But looking at the other decisions he made during the game, Down mark inside 45 leading to goal, Cavan getting a free for their winning point despite clearly touching the ball on the ground, i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know what his decision was.