Cluiche Ceannais Iomána Sinsir Uladh/Ulster Senior Hurling Final
Brendan   
29mins 2nd half
Sleacht Néill :1-14(17)
Dún Láthai :0-10(10).

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Strong from Slaughtneil

Milltown Row2

Sneil are a class act, very impressed with their whole performance today.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2019, 06:15:10 PM

Didn't get to the game but speaking to a few lads who were at it last night in the club they said Sneil were full value for their victory and if anything the margin should have been bigger.

The general consensus was the Dunloy got caught tactically initially with leaving too much space for Rodgers, McKaig and McGuigan to operate in, i.e. getting sucked down the pitch and then getting caught with the bigger, stronger lads winning one on one battles.
Sneil denied the Dunloy forwards space and were more physical in the tackle and that took its toll.

Credit where it's due. They're a serious team.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on November 11, 2019, 01:45:26 PM

Didn't get to the game but speaking to a few lads who were at it last night in the club they said Sneil were full value for their victory and if anything the margin should have been bigger.

The general consensus was the Dunloy got caught tactically initially with leaving too much space for Rodgers, McKaig and McGuigan to operate in, i.e. getting sucked down the pitch and then getting caught with the bigger, stronger lads winning one on one battles.
Sneil denied the Dunloy forwards space and were more physical in the tackle and that took its toll.

Thats about how it panned out Johnny.

Slaughtneil denied any space that the Dunloy runners might exploit although they breached the defence once or twice in the first half with the Slaughtneil keeper pulling off a class save.

Ryan Elliott did the same from a Brendan Rogers piledriver.

They packed the midfield making it difficult for Dunloy to gain much possession and at the same time exploited any space that arose and made good use of possession.

The catch and 90 yard point from Gerard Bradley was worth the entrance fee alone.

marty34

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 11, 2019, 03:13:08 PM

Slaughtneil denied any space that the Dunloy runners might exploit although they breached the defence once or twice in the first half with the Slaughtneil keeper pulling off a class save.

They packed the midfield making it difficult for Dunloy to gain much possession and at the same time exploited any space that arose and made good use of possession.

The catch and 90 yard point from Gerard Bradley was worth the entrance fee alone.

That was score of the game - a fantastic point. He dropped back after the sending off and sealed up the centre.

I thought S'neil, apart from the first 10mins, were totally dominant and could have won by more.  Their hurling ability was excellent and well matched with power and tactical awareness.

Cormac O'Doherty is a super hurler. Great vision and always picks the right pass.  All the best players were in a maroon jersey. 

Dunloy's big players didn't perform but they'll be back.  It wasn't their day.  4 points from play not a good return but experience will stand to them.  Great future ahead in Dunloy and Antrim jerseys for some of them lads.

I was quite disappointed with the crowd - i thought with the double header that there'd be more at it.  Pitch held up well and breeze only started in second half.

Camogie game similar to hurling.  Slaughtneil controlled the game after Loughgiel dominated first 10mins.  SN were then, in my opinion, always in control after they got to grips with game.  LG sat very deep and tberefore had no real out ball out of defence - it came back in on top of them time after time.

Both games not great but I really enjoyed them.  Great effort and honesty by the 4 teams.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on November 11, 2019, 06:08:47 PM

That was score of the game - a fantastic point. He dropped back after the sending off and sealed up the centre.

I thought S'neil, apart from the first 10mins, were totally dominant and could have won by more.  Their hurling ability was excellent and well matched with power and tactical awareness.

Cormac O'Doherty is a super hurler. Great vision and always picks the right pass.  All the best players were in a maroon jersey. 

Dunloy's big players didn't perform but they'll be back.  It wasn't their day.  4 points from play not a good return but experience will stand to them.  Great future ahead in Dunloy and Antrim jerseys for some of them lads.

I was quite disappointed with the crowd - i thought with the double header that there'd be more at it.  Pitch held up well and breeze only started in second half.

Camogie game similar to hurling.  Slaughtneil controlled the game after Loughgiel dominated first 10mins.  SN were then, in my opinion, always in control after they got to grips with game.  LG sat very deep and tberefore had no real out ball out of defence - it came back in on top of them time after time.

Both games not great but I really enjoyed them.  Great effort and honesty by the 4 teams.

Just can't understand why both sets of players were made travel there when Derry City is much closer. The suggested diversion at Drunahoe via Limavady was a joke. Up through slaughtmanus anc youd have been there with 10 mins added on

Milltown Row2

Not much to add to what's been mentioned, their extra man played better ball and sweep'd up more ball than Dunloy's..

S'neil missed four early opportunities early on and Dunloy should have scored a goal but you just felt the momentum was always with S'neil.. they impressed me from the last time I saw them, they could give it a rattle depending on who comes out on the other side.

Tighter pitch was a bonus for them also, they won a lot of the breaks and once Dunloy went a man down there was only one winner.

The catch and score was superb
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2019, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 11, 2019, 06:08:47 PM

Just can't understand why both sets of players were made travel there when Derry City is much closer. The suggested diversion at Drunahoe via Limavady was a joke. Up through slaughtmanus anc youd have been there with 10 mins added on

Match was due to be played in Celtic Park as a double header with the camogie final with the agreement of the clubs involved.

However, one of those clubs had an in house championship pace training match in Celtic Park complete with referee which one of the other participating clubs got wind of and they pulled the plug after enquiring about the state of the pitch in Pairc Esler.

Na Glinntí Glasa

beaten by a better team on the day. S'neill were superb for the full hour whereas we didn't play anywhere near the level we could have.

i was disappointed as we seemed to completely change the way we played and didn't use the ball well at all. But thats the way it goes.

you either learn from it or fail again.
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 12, 2019, 08:48:37 AM
beaten by a better team on the day. S'neill were superb for the full hour whereas we didn't play anywhere near the level we could have.

i was disappointed as we seemed to completely change the way we played and didn't use the ball well at all. But thats the way it goes.

you either learn from it or fail again.

Thats twice in a few years that Dunloy have lost a championship match when the opposition defence blocked off the Dunloy runners.

Same happened v Loughgiel in the Antrim semi final a couple of years ago. it wasnt pretty but was effective.

The thing is that there is serious talent in that Dunloy team and while the strength and conditioning has paid dividends they were horsed out of it by a bigger S'neil team who have plenty of hurling themselves.

Obviously Dick and the rest of the Dunloy management team will get a chance to analyse that match and implement a few tactical changes for next season. It might be required.

imtommygunn

St endas six down. Had a sneaky feeling they might be beat. Hope I am wrong.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2019, 01:50:40 PM

2pts in it now. 10mins left.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: marty34 on November 17, 2019, 02:07:55 PM

Draw ET to be played
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

marty34

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 17, 2019, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 17, 2019, 02:07:55 PM

Draw ET to be played

2 wvenly matched teams. Naomh Eanna came back into it in 2nd half.