Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2024, 01:07:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 31, 2024, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2024, 11:14:16 AMWho is?

Couldn't be bothered with going back to square one with a new manager. Bar Dalot, Martinez, Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho plus maybe Onana if he can keep this form going, the rest just aren't good enough, past it, too injury prone or both.

A lot of United fans have time for Martinez, but he's added very little in the last 12/13 months.

In and (mostly) out with injury, and, when fit, he has been involved in some defensive horror shows. Does a solid six months from September 2022 through to February 2023 justify the esteem he's held in by supporters? If a wholesale clearout is planned then I reckon he should be very nervous.
In fairness it was a fairly serious injury and I think it was treated wrong by the club in the first place, he was good there when he was back, the difference he makes to United build up play is unreal. Would be one of the last names I'd want to see leave. Shaw is excellent when he's fit but that is few and far between.

Games Martinez has started this season:

Utd 3:4 Bayern
Utd 1:0 Wolves
Utd 0:2  Spurs
Utd 3:2 Forest
Utd 1:3 Arsenal
Utd 1:3 Brighton
Utd 4:3 Wolves
Utd 4:2 Newport
Utd 3:0 West Ham

9 starts, 2 clean sheets, 4 bookings, 19 goals conceded. Of course there's bigger problems with United, but with numbers like that you have to wonder if some players are actually at the level you think/ hope. 
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

smort

Crazy game. Both teams a mess

screenexile

That was delicious!!

Palmer is a class player Dalot shat himself all night.

Onthe40

Utd need to get rid of rashford asap.. lack of effort when he came on was embarrassing
That's a terrible defeat for Utd

Wee Barky

Terrible defending in injury time , deserve nothing if can't hold onto a lead.

gerrykeegan

I would sell Rashford now for whatever anyone wants to offer. He has no interest in making any effort at all. I actually think he prides himself now in literally doing as little as possible.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Cunny Funt

Chaos game ended in a pure chaos. Unlike the match against Brentford United deserve at least a draw out of that game and did well to come back from 2 goals behind or be Chelsea were every bit as poor defensively throughout.

Chelsea got the luck deep into injury time with the slip by Dalot on the penalty and then United totally switching off on the corner. That group of United players should have a strong look at themselves to lose in that manner yet it sums United up this season.

Liverpool up next with a patched up defence with Martinez, Lindelof ruled out for a month and Evans, Varane going off injured tonight anything less than 2/3 goal margin win for Klopp's side on Sunday will be a surprise.

gallsman

Ironically, that was a much better United performance than the Brentford game.

Having conceded the penalty, United just froze. Chelsea had a 4/5 on one for the move that led to the corner before Sterling and Jackson managed to f**k it up. Palmer had been sitting in that spot for corners all night and they were miles off him. Just let him have a crack. Awful.

Milltown Row2

Utd deserved everything they got

That penalty was coming and the winner was pathetic to leave Chelsea's best player alone.

God help them on Sunday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2024, 10:37:34 PMUtd deserved everything they got

That penalty was coming and the winner was pathetic to leave Chelsea's best player alone.

God help them on Sunday

The funny thing is , I wouldn't be surprised if United  got a result on  Sunday even  with a patched up team.  That's just the way they roll these days. Jekyll and Hyde

I must be  mad but I'm going to say  a 2-1 win

Blowitupref

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 04, 2024, 11:44:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2024, 10:37:34 PMUtd deserved everything they got

God help them on Sunday

The funny thing is , I wouldn't be surprised if United  got a result on  Sunday even  with a patched up team.  That's just the way they roll these days. Jekyll and Hyde

In a cup match I'd agree but with Liverpool chasing for the title one would expect a focused display by them to beat a disjointed United with nothing to play for in the league.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

jcpen

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 04, 2024, 11:44:01 PM

God help them on Sunday

I agree they will raise their game for Liverpool like they did in the Cup. Wouldn't be surprised to see them hold them or even win.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

RedHand88

Who do they have left for centre back?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea