10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Cromagh

Quote from: screenexile on October 25, 2019, 11:39:13 PM
Quote from: braveheart on October 22, 2019, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: bannside on October 22, 2019, 04:50:32 PM
John Mc Keever to Wolfe Tones?  Last I heard there were two or three big clubs talking to him PJ but it looks like he couldnt resist the challenge to bring the youth through at Bellaghy and turn them into credible challengers once again.
it'll be a long time before Bellaghy compete again. They have more chance of getting relegated in the next few years. They even lost to Draperstown in the u21s last night.

What does tonight's result say about your lads braveheart??

Was just thinking that myself. He seems to think Bellaghy are in bother, yet his beloved Swatragh seem to keep getting beat by same teams in cship. A lot of his posts have a dig at Bellaghy. He was very quiet after their cship defeat. Maybe they will stick to hurling now.
Well done to screen.

braveheart

Quote from: Cromagh on October 26, 2019, 08:15:55 AM
John Mc Keever to Wolfe Tones?  Last I heard there were two or three big clubs talking to him PJ but it looks like he couldnt resist the challenge to bring the youth through at Bellaghy and turn them into credible challengers once again.
it'll be a long time before Bellaghy compete again. They have more chance of getting relegated in the next few years. They even lost to Draperstown in the u21s last night.

Was just thinking that myself. He seems to think Bellaghy are in bother, yet his beloved Swatragh seem to keep getting beat by same teams in cship. A lot of his posts have a dig at Bellaghy. He was very quiet after their cship defeat. Maybe they will stick to hurling now.
Well done to screen.
We always looked in control until a late penalty gave Screen the impetus to win it. In fact other than from frees I can't remember screen scoring from play. It just goes to prove,that the best team doesn't always win. A very good crowd at it for a Baltic night,most of whom came from the Swa'.

screenexile

Quote from: braveheart on October 26, 2019, 09:28:51 AM

Well done to screen.
We always looked in control until a late penalty gave Screen the impetus to win it. In fact other than from frees I can't remember screen scoring from play. It just goes to prove the best team doesn't always win. A very good crowd at it for a Baltic night,most of which were from the Swa'

I'd be fairly sure there wasn't much in the scores from play count you scored plenty of frees yourselves. The turning point for me was McAtamney opting to hit a free short that he could easily have scored then losing the ball and Screen going up the pitch and getting 1-1 straight from it. When they had to dig deep they couldn't and lost their discipline towards the end of the match.

I would say the better team beat a team of individuals!

Fair play to our lads they dug deep and found a way to win it was a good performance especially the second half.

Another big match against Dungiven next I thought this was the side that won the Minor championship so beating Swatragh and Bellaghy would have us in pole position but I think we'll still be underdogs given the other teams left and how they did at minor.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2019, 09:48:05 AM
Quote from: braveheart on October 26, 2019, 09:28:51 AM

Well done to screen.
We always looked in control until a late penalty gave Screen the impetus to win it. In fact other than from frees I can't remember screen scoring from play. It just goes to prove the best team doesn't always win. A very good crowd at it for a Baltic night,most of which were from the Swa'

I'd be fairly sure there wasn't much in the scores from play count you scored plenty of frees yourselves. The turning point for me was McAtamney opting to hit a free short that he could easily have scored then losing the ball and Screen going up the pitch and getting 1-1 straight from it. When they had to dig deep they couldn't and lost their discipline towards the end of the match.

I would say the better team beat a team of individuals!

Fair play to our lads they dug deep and found a way to win it was a good performance especially the second half.

Another big match against Dungiven next I thought this was the side that won the Minor championship so beating Swatragh and Bellaghy would have us in pole position but I think we'll still be underdogs given the other teams left and how they did at minor.
From memory SE Kilrea beat Dungiven in the minor final 3 years ago. Dungiven i think won the corresponding u16 championship

Link

Correct. Dungiven won Feile and Kilrea won u14 cship too.
Both teams contested all 4 finals from u14 to u18.

Will it ever end

With rumours abounding that Rory Gallagher has a 45 man squad selected without MFelt players - I'd thought I'd pop down some names of those (if made available) for selection would make my panel - obviously I've missed some & taken some out of last years pane but Id like to think there's more than enough below to turn the tide for Derry again ...

Goalkeepers:
Odhran Lynch
Oran Hartin
Ben McKinless

Full Back:
Brendan Rogers
Karl McKaigue
Ryan Dougan
Niall Keenan
Liam McGoldrick
Declan Cassidy

Half Back:
Chris McKaigue
Conor McCluskey
Michael McEvoy
Gareth McKinless
Jack Doherty
Conleth McShane
Chris Kearns

Midfield:
Daniel Heavron
Ciaran McFaul
Gavin O Neill
Conor Doherty

Half Forward:
Enda Lynn
Emmett Bradley
Ryan Bell
Padraig Cassidy
Niall Toner
Shea Downey

Full Forward:
Niall Loughlin
Benny Heron
Shane McGuigan
Emmett McGuckin
Enda Downey
Paul Cassidy
Danny Tallon
Alex Doherty

Link

Paul McNeill (if shoulder recovers)
K. Johnston (if he is home)
Patrick Coney, Jason Rocks
Sammy Bradley
Eoghan Duffy
Oran Armstrong
Conor McAtamney (maybe a few other swatragh lads pushing?)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Link on October 29, 2019, 09:56:17 AM
Sammy Bradley
Eoghan Duffy
Oran Armstrong

Ben McCarron?

Link

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 29, 2019, 11:05:29 AM
Quote from: Link on October 29, 2019, 09:56:17 AM
Sammy Bradley
Eoghan Duffy
Oran Armstrong

Ben McCarron?

I would imagine McCarron and Concannon would be in with a shout. Haven't seen steelstown play in quite a while

WattyBoutYe

Any truth in the rumor that Ollie Cummings has replaced John McMahon as S+C coach?

Squareball71

Quote from: WattyBoutYe on October 29, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
Any truth in the rumor that Ollie Cummings has replaced John McMahon as S+C coach?

Saw Ollie at most of the Club Championship matches this year. I wondered would he get involved again.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: WattyBoutYe on October 29, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
The Irish news last week had an article saying that he was coming on board,

Red10

Potential squad list is close to the actual. A few lads from last year not asked and Moore from Banagher and Armstrong from Claudy are included this year.  Be interesting to see Gallagher's impact on players. Even his influence in being able  persuade lads who have cleared out on Derry before to stay around for the Armagh game and after it.

Ball

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 29, 2019, 07:18:43 AM
With rumours abounding that Rory Gallagher has a 45 man squad selected without MFelt players - I'd thought I'd pop down some names of those (if made available) for selection would make my panel - obviously I've missed some & taken some out of last years pane but Id like to think there's more than enough below to turn the tide for Derry again ...

Goalkeepers:
Odhran Lynch
Oran Hartin
Ben McKinless

Full Back:
Brendan Rogers
Karl McKaigue
Ryan Dougan
Niall Keenan
Liam McGoldrick
Declan Cassidy

Half Back:
Chris McKaigue
Conor McCluskey
Michael McEvoy
Gareth McKinless
Jack Doherty
Conleth McShane
Chris Kearns

Midfield:
Daniel Heavron
Ciaran McFaul
Gavin O Neill
Conor Doherty

Half Forward:
Enda Lynn
Emmett Bradley
Ryan Bell
Padraig Cassidy
Niall Toner
Shea Downey

Full Forward:
Niall Loughlin
Benny Heron
Shane McGuigan
Emmett McGuckin
Enda Downey
Paul Cassidy
Danny Tallon
Alex Doherty

As someone else said id say the squad wont be far off this, id say Enda Downey, Paul Cassidy, Alex Doherty and Ben McCarron will mostly be with U20's like last year. Id imagine Padraig and mark mcgrogan aswell as the McWilliams twins of Swatragh will be on it, possibly even the Kearney twins.

Will it ever end

Just glancing back on the full & half back lines - if the lads all commit you couldn't see many stronger back 6's certainly outside of the Top 4 in Dublin / Kerry / Tyrone / Mayo - should give us a really strong foundation to build on, then again it's the hope that kills you isn't it!