2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Fair play to Meath for trying their best and only losing by 10 points. Dublin might not get a tougher game until
September.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 26, 2016, 08:17:56 PM
Fair play to Meath for trying their best and only losing by 10 points. Dublin might not get a tougher game until
September.

The Leinster Championship has officially eaten itself. Wretched days football.
#newbridgeornowhere

Wildweasel74

they all gaa coaches or handy office jobs??

thejuice

I think I'll follow the hurlers for a few years. There's just no point to football at the moment. That wasn't even mildly entertaining.

Maybe our lads need to start taking steroids.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SHEEDY

Have to agree with Joe brolly that was a waste of time. Meath were content just to keep the score down and Dublin were happy just to keep the ball
nil satis nisi optimum

Wildweasel74

what i notice about Dublin compared to other teams is that they have 6 scoring forwards plus another 3 off the bench,  no other county has that forward power, most have 1 or 2 forwards, when Dublin break they break quick and they at least 2/3 forwards who tend to stay up and not follow like sheep back. I just think they are a great team but in a era where many other teams have poor teams, Down, Armagh, Derry, Meath, kildare, Cork, Galway all at teams of yesteryear way better than the current crop. Only Monaghan  could say they have there best team in 30yrs

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 26, 2016, 08:41:38 PM
what i notice about Dublin compared to other teams is that they have 6 scoring forwards plus another 3 off the bench,  no other county has that forward power, most have 1 or 2 forwards, when Dublin break they break quick and they at least 2/3 forwards who tend to stay up and not follow like sheep back. I just think they are a great team but in a era where many other teams have poor teams, Down, Armagh, Derry, Meath, kildare, Cork, Galway all at teams of yesteryear way better than the current crop. Only Monaghan  could say they have there best team in 30yrs

Dublin are ahead because they have more of everything?

Mclf

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 26, 2016, 08:41:38 PM
what i notice about Dublin compared to other teams is that they have 6 scoring forwards plus another 3 off the bench,  no other county has that forward power

Roscommon

Fuzzman

Just back from another Dublin walk over.
My kids said to me on the way in hopefully Meath are good and it's not another boring match.
Dublin didn't even get out of first gear and know it's just a matter of getting through these games.
Dean Rock is really consistent at his frees and all their subs would start on any other team. Talking of subs where has Devreaux gone to?

Jinxy

That was great entertainment.
Well worth the €30.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2016, 09:32:03 PM
Well worth the €30.

I thought you'd qualify for the OAP discount, Jinxy.

Jinxy

Think we should just sit out the next 5 years.
Pump that money into developing a lab in Dunganny to clone Graham Geraghty.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

inexile

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2016, 09:56:38 PM
Think we should just sit out the next 5 years.
Pump that money into developing a lab in Dunganny to clone Graham Geraghty.

Would ye be interested in a deal with Kildare. We have a few lads from the past ourselves who could do with cloning.

We could build it around longwood. We Might get a grant.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2016, 09:32:03 PM
Well worth the €30.

A at least you had the excitement of the first game to justify the money!  ;D