2018 Relegated
2017 Promoted
2016 Promoted
2015 Relegated
2014 Relegated

Kildare football is never boring.
#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

Starting to have a bit of positivity about Armagh again and i am definitely looking forward to division 2 football. It's good to see a few of the players return to the panel and with the two O'Neills also developing well it could be an interesting campaign.

In saying all that, it's a very tough league and i think everyone in Armagh would be happy to have remained in it at the end of the fixtures.

seafoid

Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 10:17:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 22, 2018, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 22, 2018, 09:16:59 PM
Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 08:34:58 PM
Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1.

Not sure about rightly 2nd favourties as anything is possible with Kildare. When they were relegated from Division 1 2014 they were competitive in most of their games and were odds on to gain promotion back to Division 1 in 2015 only to get themselves relegated to Division 3.

I think they are because non of the rest have done anything last year to warrant 2nd favorites tag

Kildare can be as flaky as the rest. Lost to Carlow this summer also lets not forget.

that was a bit of a freak result....carlow had 100% shot conversion rate? i still think they make the best case for promotion outside donegal.....im hoping you are right about them being flaky though
Kildare improved over the course of the summer and got to the Qfs
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2018, 04:42:23 PM
Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1.

Not sure about rightly 2nd favourties as anything is possible with Kildare. When they were relegated from Division 1 2014 they were competitive in most of their games and were odds on to gain promotion back to Division 1 in 2015 only to get themselves relegated to Division 3.

I think they are because non of the rest have done anything last year to warrant 2nd favorites tag

Kildare can be as flaky as the rest. Lost to Carlow this summer also lets not forget.

that was a bit of a freak result....carlow had 100% shot conversion rate? i still think they make the best case for promotion outside donegal.....im hoping you are right about them being flaky though
Kildare improved over the course of the summer and got to the Qfs

They built up a siege mentality to beat Mayo and that was their summer and year highlight. Beating Fermanagh in round 4 was expected after the momentum they had from that Mayo win. If they are to get back to Qfs in 2019 I'm sure their aim will be to win at least one game instead of losing all 3 group games again.

Captain Obvious

Two games later Kildare were inches away from getting knocked out of the championship by Longford.

bennydorano

There seems to be some serious young talent about Armagh at the minute and they all seem go have (re)committed to the cause, so that has to be a major plus. Finding the right balance between youth & experience is obviously key, I reckon McGeeney will let them at it tbh.

FermGael

Few new faces in the squad I see, a few old faces returning and the usual Seamie stories so who knows .
We will be happy to stay up .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tonto1888

Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Starting to have a bit of positivity about Armagh again and i am definitely looking forward to division 2 football. It's good to see a few of the players return to the panel and with the two O'Neills also developing well it could be an interesting campaign.

In saying all that, it's a very tough league and i think everyone in Armagh would be happy to have remained in it at the end of the fixtures.

Agreed. 6th place will do. Anything above that is a bonus

Unlaoised

Kildare v Armagh final

Kildare by 3
LAOIS ABÚ

naka

Genuinely
We seem to have the makings of a fantastic side if they bond together.
Hopefully Mc Corry and Mc geeney realise the  serious potential we have at present

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on November 28, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

Genuinely
We seem to have the makings of a fantastic side if they bond together.
Hopefully Mc Corry and Mc geeney realise the  serious potential we have at present

Year 5 of his 5 year plan....maybe this is the year it will all come to fruition?

Hound

If Kildare are missing Daniel Flynn for the opener against Armagh, I think I'll take the 9/1 on Armagh.
Certainly if they do beat Kildare, those odds will seem very generous.

tippabu

Quote from: Hound on November 28, 2018, 02:49:35 PM
If Kildare are missing Daniel Flynn for the opener against Armagh, I think I'll take the 9/1 on Armagh.
Certainly if they do beat Kildare, those odds will seem very generous.

pretty certain flynn and niall kelly arent playing gaa next year. who know what will happen in the division, alot of teams of the same standard and who know how the new rules will play out and who will adapt to them the best

DuffleKing

I would be expecting Kildare's performances to return to pre qualifiers level - with or without Flynn and Kelly - straight away in 2019.
I think they will struggle and wouldn't expect a challenge for promotion.

Dinny Breen

Kildare certainly not a big county yet still everyone has an opinion on them  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere