State of Minds last night - Linfield fans visit Clones

Started by T Fearon, June 21, 2007, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 08:59:40 AM
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:15:21 AMDear Chris, der fuhrer marty owc once posted  the following during a game where the north were playing der engerlanders, it was 4-0 at the time so bear that in mind when you read the following.
"if anyone posts anything else before the end of the game they will be barred, i mean it"

How many times are you going to keep repeating this lie, stew?
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:15:21 AM

its not a lie, i saw it myself at the time.

Donagh

"if anyone posts anything else before the end of the game they will be barred, i mean it"

I remember that post.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2007, 08:38:53 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 24, 2007, 08:42:05 PM

Your equation of Germany and the GAA is symptomatic of your disease: Germany's lebensraum extended will beyond any natural cultural, political or heritage boundaries, whereas, whether you like it or not, Ireland does have 32 counties, bounded by the sea, not all of which are currently under a unitary control, which shared a common language, common traditions, common legal system, etc., long before the first of the English arrived at Bannow Bay in 1169.

My equation of Hitler Youth and the GAA is symptomatic of the Uber Nationalist ideals demonstrated by both organisations.  History of 60/70 years ago has taught us many lessons.  You are unlikely to have learned these if you are still harping back to 800 years ago.

But its me that is obsessed.

The 10th July (it wasn't actually the 12th, they mixed up the Julian and Gregorian calendars), 1690, is 'celebrated' annually like it were yesterday, so forgive me if I go back a further day and a half, i.e., all relevant to the present, unfortunately.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SammyG

Quote from: maddog on June 25, 2007, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:15:21 AMDear Chris, der fuhrer marty owc once posted  the following during a game where the north were playing der engerlanders, it was 4-0 at the time so bear that in mind when you read the following.

How many times are you going to keep repeating this lie, stew?
Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 12:15:21 AM

its not a lie, i saw it myself at the time.

Oh FFS here we go again, repeat something enough times and it becomes 'truth'. The general section of the OWC board was being swamped with dozens of threads about the Engerlund match. Marty moved the posts to the Engerlund section and left a message that future posts should be made in the proper section. Nothing more nothing less.

maddog

Sammy - i saw it with my own eyes. He said if anyone posted during the game they would be banned. Nothing more nothing less.

SammyG

Quote from: maddog on June 25, 2007, 10:05:01 AM
Sammy - i saw it with my own eyes. He said if anyone posted during the game they would be banned. Nothing more nothing less.

If they posted IN THE WRONG SECTION not if they posted at all.  ::)

maddog

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 10:12:44 AM

I'll take your word for it Sammy. ;)

stew

Who is lying now Sammy?????? ;)

This is not the first time you have been caught out on lying through your teeth, the fact is a lot of people saw the post but you still deny it happened, give it up sammy, you are wrong again. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: maddog on June 25, 2007, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 10:12:44 AM

I'll take your word for it Sammy. ;)

The wrong section was never mentioned samuel, you lie through your teeth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 25, 2007, 09:16:55 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2007, 08:38:53 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 24, 2007, 08:42:05 PM

Your equation of Germany and the GAA is symptomatic of your disease: Germany's lebensraum extended will beyond any natural cultural, political or heritage boundaries, whereas, whether you like it or not, Ireland does have 32 counties, bounded by the sea, not all of which are currently under a unitary control, which shared a common language, common traditions, common legal system, etc., long before the first of the English arrived at Bannow Bay in 1169.

My equation of Hitler Youth and the GAA is symptomatic of the Uber Nationalist ideals demonstrated by both organisations.  History of 60/70 years ago has taught us many lessons.  You are unlikely to have learned these if you are still harping back to 800 years ago.

But its me that is obsessed.

The 10th July (it wasn't actually the 12th, they mixed up the Julian and Gregorian calendars), 1690, is 'celebrated' annually like it were yesterday, so forgive me if I go back a further day and a half, i.e., all relevant to the present, unfortunately.

You can justify your pre-historic leanings because themuns do it if you like.  As for the 12th.  Enjoy it.  It's a public holiday 8)  The only thing I will be celebrating on the 12th is an Irish win in Dublin ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

magickingdom

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 22, 2007, 11:29:41 PM
I am not obsessed with Germany.  I read the aim of the GAA quoted and immediately thought of Hitler Youth.  

any chance you crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from under. or maybe chance a clance in the mirror and go read up on your own history ;D

Chrisowc

Quote from: magickingdom on June 25, 2007, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 22, 2007, 11:29:41 PM
I am not obsessed with Germany.  I read the aim of the GAA quoted and immediately thought of Hitler Youth.  

any chance you crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from under. or maybe chance a clance in the mirror and go read up on your own history ;D

What history would that be?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2007, 12:50:09 PM

You can justify your pre-historic leanings because themuns do it if you like.  As for the 12th.  Enjoy it.  It's a public holiday 8)  The only thing I will be celebrating on the 12th is an Irish win in Dublin ;)

Hardly pre-history when all of the players then are still players now -- wishful thinking on your part, not unusual for the condition. Then what else could be expected from someone whose logic is so flawed, but outlandish inaccuracies.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 25, 2007, 01:18:05 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2007, 12:50:09 PM

Hardly pre-history when all of the players then are still players now -- wishful thinking on your part, not unusual for the condition. Then what else could be expected from someone whose logic is so flawed, but outlandish inaccuracies.

800 years........move on ffs!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2007, 01:51:33 PM
800 years........move on ffs!

Let's see, the earth is about 4.5 billion years of age, therefore 800 years =

800/4500000000 = .00000018 of the earth's lifetime so far... Sure that's almost nothing!