The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 25, 2024, 08:28:04 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2024, 06:27:26 PMSo Jeffrey was  threatened , by  an unnamed person(s).  Very convenient  ::)

So now he's  reduced the heat on himself and Colm  Eastwood even coming  out in support of him.

He should have  turned on the tears as well. That   would have  put the tin hat on it

Threatened by an unknown person who, when he checked hadn't voted!
How can he check if someone voted? I thought that was anonymous?
Can't be an unknown person if he knows them!

Whole thing is a deflection....ironic give  he said he wouldn't be deflected.

No sympathy for him, I don't condone threats, I mean the situation he and the dup are in. Its self made and we are all suffering for their party politics.
Jeff did not say they were unknown people, it's possible he could have checked earlier online comments made. Wasn't it Donaldson who threatened Trimble back in the day?
I see he was spoofing about all the alterations to the protocol that he alone was able to negotiate.

Hereiam

I had to laugh at Allison Morris going on this morning how wee Jeff has stood up as a leader now after his pantomime performance in the common's, we now have had 3 DUP Politian's stand in the HOC blubbering like little babies and this is what we are to believe leadership looks like.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2024, 06:27:26 PMSo Jeffrey was  threatened , by  an unnamed person(s).  Very convenient  ::)

So now he's  reduced the heat on himself and Colm  Eastwood even coming  out in support of him.

He should have  turned on the tears as well. That   would have  put the tin hat on it

No sympathy for him, I don't condone threats, I mean the situation he and the dup are in. Its self made and we are all suffering for their party politics.

The person who didn't vote is wee Seamie I suspect. On the day of the election is was gurning as there was a Rangers game on that day and he was not able to vote,  according to him,  as he was away at the game. The references by wee Jeff and CCH to people on twitter is a clear shot at Bryson.

While I have little sympathy for Donaldson maybe he has grown a pair and publicly now has stood up to the back room bullies. Very pointed sitting in the HoC with all the DUP members in a row expect Junior sitting directly behind wee Jeff in the eye of the camera.

tbrick18

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2024, 09:10:07 AM

Jeff did not say they were unknown people, it's possible he could have checked earlier online comments made. Wasn't it Donaldson who threatened Trimble back in the day?
I see he was spoofing about all the alterations to the protocol that he alone was able to negotiate.

My bad, I misread unnamed as unknown.
I still don't understand how he can check if someone voted.

He's full of it. Don't believe a word he says to be honest and I'm surprised so many have been taken in by the performance.
I was never a huge fan of SDLPs Eastwood, but he seriously went down in my estimations yesterday with how he responded. He's right to condemn threats of course, but good god.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 25, 2024, 09:38:22 AM

He's full of it. Don't believe a word he says to be honest and I'm surprised so many have been taken in by the performance.
I was never a huge fan of SDLPs Eastwood, but he seriously went down in my estimations yesterday with how he responded. He's right to condemn threats of course, but good god.

You get checked off if you vote. Register can be viewed, just not who you voted for.

JoG2

1 clown calling out 2 other clowns from the capital of their glorious union, imagining the shade of Jim Allister's face as he watched from home, it was very enjoyable.

RedHand88

Not at all, the party operative sitting in the polling station is marking names off as they vote. Nothing illegal about it, its allowed so long as they aren't looking over your shoulder obviously.
Also possible that the person isn't on the register (public information) in which case they would not have voted.

Keyser soze

He said the person was not on the register and that is how he knew they did not vote.

93-DY-SAM

Wee Jeff has stood side by side with these clowns for far too long legitimising them. He has to have some responsibility for that. When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. Impossible to have any sympathy for him given what he has put the rest of us through these past 18+ months. Using the protocol as a smokescreen for the real agenda - a nationalist FM and worse still a woman!!!

Time to sh1t or get off the pot.

Armagh18

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on January 25, 2024, 10:04:58 AMWee Jeff has stood side by side with these clowns for far too long legitimising them. He has to have some responsibility for that. When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. Impossible to have any sympathy for him given what he has put the rest of us through these past 18+ months. Using the protocol as a smokescreen for the real agenda - a nationalist FM and worse still a woman!!!

Spot on.

Rossfan

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on January 25, 2024, 10:04:58 AMWee Jeff has stood side by side with these clowns for far too long legitimising them. He has to have some responsibility for that. When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. Impossible to have any sympathy for him given what he has put the rest of us through these past 18+ months. Using the protocol as a smokescreen for the real agenda - a nationalist FM and worse still a woman!!!

Nails hit on head there on all fronts.
Instead iof getting on with things after the last Election they went running to the OO, Binlid and the various U criminal gangs.
Their only view on anything is No! unless it's a return to the 1950s or 1690
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Hard to see how the DUP can survive in its current iteration. There is clearly a split WM v Stormont. Jeffrey might be trying to choreograph a return but with Jim Alister to the right backed up by unelected eejits he will do well to keep everyone on board.
I think another problem could be if he bounces ELP in as DFM (nearly forgot the D) I think a good chunk of DUP MLA's won't be happy.  Maybe he has calculated it and knows the numbers I'm not sure.

He will have support from certain parts of unionism, of that there is no doubt, but will he have enough?

imtommygunn

The reality is he's not really in charge of the party at all. Foster probably wasn't too. I am not sure if Robinson was but maybe he was. There are more sinister elements really call the shots and tbh I've thought that for a long while.

AustinPowers

He should have  turned on the tears as well. That  would have  put the tin hat on it

Whole thing reminded me of Schofield's  announcement a few years back.  Bunch of  gobshites saying how brave he was , when I was saying... what about his wife and family? Lying to  them for 20+ years?  Ach nah, never mind that, he's so brave.  It was so staged , and so was Jeffrey 's performance

I still think Jeffrey
will walk away .  He'll say  the threats are taking a toll  on his menntal health  as a get out of jail free card ,  And walk away without becoming the Lundy for doing a  deal.

tbrick18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 25, 2024, 09:47:24 AM

You get checked off if you vote. Register can be viewed, just not who you voted for.
Never new it!
Can anyone see it?