The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Have to say I was lucky, my wife's opinion was there's no point in the two of us being up and tired. She fed away herself and never once woke me. I woke a few times organically if you like and did give a hand burping etc but for the most part she did all.

Mourne Red

Didn't realise there was a thread for this.. Daugher is 2 1/2 now and I don't know if it has got easier lol.. they're more mobile compared to when you could feed them, put them down and crack on with jobs around the house.

Fiancee was in hospital for 2 months when the wee one turned 1, So was just myself looking after her so was tough going managing everything around the house, work etc - A lot of respect for single parents.

Probably frowned upon especially these days but we would have had to stay and hold our wee girls hand to help her fall asleep but when the other half was in hospital I done the "Cry it Out" method. Life saver wouldn't be the word.. Meant I had 1/2 hours in the evening to clean the house, do the washing, meal prep etc.. Also helped her sleep through the night which other half was glad off when she got out of hospital.

An Watcher

I remember the wife getting more and more tired as the week went on as I was working.  I stepped in at the weekends then to help out.  Couldn't wait for a Sunday night  :)

Rois

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 18, 2024, 03:32:10 PMProbably frowned upon especially these days but we would have had to stay and hold our wee girls hand to help her fall asleep but when the other half was in hospital I done the "Cry it Out" method. Life saver wouldn't be the word.. Meant I had 1/2 hours in the evening to clean the house, do the washing, meal prep etc.. Also helped her sleep through the night which other half was glad off when she got out of hospital.

I used a sleep consultant (just one session) and she more or less gave me permission to do a version of "cry it out" - worked like a treat too, after two nights.  Has mainly slept through ever since.  About to transition him to a bed though - that'll be interesting...

tbrick18

We had 3 under 3 years old, then my wife became ill and was in hospital for a couple of months.
I'd the 3 of them, trying to get the hospital and hold down a job whilst still doing a night feed. Nearly killed me and I said never again.

Fast forward 4 years and the twins arrived prematurely and it nearly killed me again between neo-natal, the older 3 and work. They were in hospital 8 weeks and my mrs went during the day and came home for the kids getting out of school and made the dinner. I'd get in from work, throw the dinner in and head to the hospital till about 2am. I was like a zombie. Thankfully work was very understanding. So I said never again.

Then my brother got married and I got very drunk at the reception. And 7 years later I'm still paying for that wedding. But she's a lovely wee girl and I wouldnt be without her.
I'll never do it again though.  ;D

I feel your pain chaps...been there and got the T-shirt several times. But sure would any of you change a thing?

tbrick18

One of the few feel good threads on here.

Hereiam

Mine are now 14, 12, 10 & 7 and I wish I was back at the nappy stage.

Rodders88

Great thread fellas. I've a wee girl 18months and another on the way within the next 3/4 weeks. Should be fun lol

jcpen

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2024, 03:19:28 PMHave to say I was lucky, my wife's opinion was there's no point in the two of us being up and tired. She fed away herself and never once woke me. I woke a few times organically if you like and did give a hand burping etc but for the most part she did all.

You have kids? God help them.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

trailer

Quote from: jcpen on January 18, 2024, 04:41:06 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2024, 03:19:28 PMHave to say I was lucky, my wife's opinion was there's no point in the two of us being up and tired. She fed away herself and never once woke me. I woke a few times organically if you like and did give a hand burping etc but for the most part she did all.

You have kids? God help them.

Don't be jealous. Just cause no one wanted to pro-create with you.

square_ball

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 18, 2024, 04:23:02 PMWe had 3 under 3 years old, then my wife became ill and was in hospital for a couple of months.
I'd the 3 of them, trying to get the hospital and hold down a job whilst still doing a night feed. Nearly killed me and I said never again.

Fast forward 4 years and the twins arrived prematurely and it nearly killed me again between neo-natal, the older 3 and work. They were in hospital 8 weeks and my mrs went during the day and came home for the kids getting out of school and made the dinner. I'd get in from work, throw the dinner in and head to the hospital till about 2am. I was like a zombie. Thankfully work was very understanding. So I said never again.

Then my brother got married and I got very drunk at the reception. And 7 years later I'm still paying for that wedding. But she's a lovely wee girl and I wouldnt be without her.
I'll never do it again though.  ;D

I feel your pain chaps...been there and got the T-shirt several times. But sure would any of you change a thing?

I like the way you can pinpoint the exact moment ;D

andoireabu

Quote from: Rois on January 18, 2024, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on January 18, 2024, 03:32:10 PMProbably frowned upon especially these days but we would have had to stay and hold our wee girls hand to help her fall asleep but when the other half was in hospital I done the "Cry it Out" method. Life saver wouldn't be the word.. Meant I had 1/2 hours in the evening to clean the house, do the washing, meal prep etc.. Also helped her sleep through the night which other half was glad off when she got out of hospital.

I used a sleep consultant (just one session) and she more or less gave me permission to do a version of "cry it out" - worked like a treat too, after two nights.  Has mainly slept through ever since.  About to transition him to a bed though - that'll be interesting...
We tried a consultant as well but it didn't do much for us. Our two are like chalk and cheese, one will fall asleep within 10 minutes and the other wee blade might be rocking in the cot for two or three hours before crashing out. Same girl falls asleep in the car every chance she gets though. Going to keep them in the cots for as long as possible because they would only be running around all night if they could. No thanks
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

brokencrossbar1

Definitely 'cry it out',  absolutely works. Was very young with first one,  and I reckon in hindsight he had a diary intolerance,  so couldn't as he never shut up. Did it with the next 2 and it worked a treat....meant that by no 4,  many years later, I had the casting vote!!

Taylor

Enjoy the first 10 years lads and lassies.

Because after that the fun period stops in my opinion. The real world starts to appear on their horizon and the innocence of life for them slowly starts to disappear

trueblue1234

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 18, 2024, 06:49:01 PM

Definitely 'cry it out',  absolutely works. Was very young with first one,  and I reckon in hindsight he had a diary intolerance,  so couldn't as he never shut up. Did it with the next 2 and it worked a treat....meant that by no 4,  many years later, I had the casting vote!!

I still have that. F**king hate meetings.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit