Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realredhandfan

I heard on an admittedly shaky grapevine that PTG is in line for Errigal management next year,  Any truth and would this mean the retirement of Ulster and irelands greatest ever footballer?

EC Unique

He is not hanging up the boots just yet ;D Im sure you know not to believe all that goes around in silly season ::)

ziggysego

CHAIRMAN'S  RESPONSE  TO  McGEE  AND  HEANEY

In concluding I condemn the content of an article in yesterday's Irish Independent by columnist Eugene McGee, which implied Tyrone doesn't give a damn about the welfare of our injured players.

This is not borne out by the facts as we know them.  McGee's article was a one sided rant lacking in balance and credibility.  He afforded the County Committee no opportunity to comment on the issues which he claimed to know so much about.  The real picture is a lot different to how McGee painted it.

I equally condemn an article in today's Irish News by Paddy Heaney.  He takes up McGee's one sided rant and proceeds to pontificate without knowledge of the facts.

For the benefit of both journalists, the facts are The Tyrone County Committee has a system in place for the welfare of injured players.  The first step is to ensure proper medical treatment.  If private care is the preferred option that's what he gets.  If the player chooses the NHS, that's what he gets.  Simultaneously, the player is asked to complete his insurance claim as soon as possible.  The players rehabilitation is supported.  We pay the associated physiotherapy and other costs.

If a player needs time out from his employment we are willing to fund his employer the cost for a temporary replacement.  Should a player experience financial difficulties as a result of his injury we support direct and indirect ways of raising money for his cause.  In addition we have in place a Players Finance Committee with player representation.  Players are free to voice any concerns they may have on the system.

In this context I put two questions to Eugene McGee and Paddy Heaney.  Do you seriously believe we wouldn't pay for a private operation for a player if that was the best option?  Do you seriously believe we would stand idly by if one of our players was in financial distress as a consequence of an injury?

P Darcy
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

As someone once quoted elsewhere.....'gutter press'.

In hindsight...I wonder did someone inside the County board, or close to have an agenda here? This story broke the day before County convention???
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 13, 2006, 01:59:48 PM
As someone once quoted elsewhere.....'gutter press'.

The very reason I didn't comment on the articule until the Tyrone County Board released a statement.
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

Is it ture that errigal are been allowed to have a third team play in division 3

EC Unique

As far as I know it has been confirmed. Dont know how it is to be managed in terms of who can play and interchanging between reserves and thirds. It should be interesting. 8)

Flirtyflan

Tyrone looking to the future with new training facilities 
Gaelic Games 
By Francis Mooney 

Plans for a state-of-the-art training complex have been unveiled by the Tyrone County Board.

The facility is to be built on a green field site at Strathroy, on the outskirts of Omagh.

The board is currently in the final stages of negotiation with Omagh District Council to purchase the land.

The purpose-built complex will be used by all county teams, including hurling, camogie and ladies football.

It will feature playing pitches, changing facilities, an astro-turf floodlight facility, indoor hurling alley, gymnasium and other modern training facilities.

"We also plan to build an administrative headquarters to ensure our staff and committees work in environments which meet our obligations under Health and Safety legislation. This investment will be good for the GAA in Tyrone and the Strathroy community in particular," said county chairman Pat Darcy.

And he confirmed that government funding will be sought for the scheme.

"The County Committee development plans require significant capital investment which will burden our amateur association. Nevertheless we must plan for the present and future.

"In taking our plans forward I will be urging government for affirmative funding on two grounds.

"First, it is self-evident government is more interested in the GAA and what it does. Financial support from Lottery and other grants is testament to that.

"Secondly, government fails to give due regard to the full impact of the GAA's contribution to communities in providing value added to policies on health and social cohesion, culture and tourism.''

Just what we needed.... a Tyrone school of Excellence! and to be inclusive of ladies football and Camogie is great news. I guess this would be necessary for the applications for funding.

ziggysego

QuoteCasement fighting is investigated  

Fighting broke out after the semi-final at Casement Park

A full hearing into the brawl that marred the Ulster Club IFC semi-final between Ballymacnab and Stewartstown is to be held on Saturday.

Players and supporters traded blows in the substitutes' section close to the tunnel area at Casement Park after the final whistle.

A number of individuals have been summoned to appear at the hearing in Armagh as a result of the ugly scenes.

Stewartstown battled back from five points behind to draw 0-11 to 0-11.

The Ulster Council's investigating committee has already held a number of meetings to discuss the issue, and its report has been adopted by the Council.

The hearing will not only determine what punishments may be imposed on the clubs involved, but also whether they will be permitted to replay their semi-final tie.

Derry champions Coleraine have already qualified for the final.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6184085.stm

Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

QuotePosted by: Fionntamhnach 
Insert Quote
Looking at the publication of the evening I didn't realise our membership ranking was that low!   Only five other clubs in the county with less membership that us...

At least I can now get away with the term "small club" describing us!

CLUB Members
Achadh Lú 270
Achadh Uí Aráin 330
Ard Bó 320
Eochar 300
An Bearach 266
An Bruach Áille 275
An Brocach 258
An Charraig Mhór 475
Caisleán na Deirge 214
Clann na nGael 370
An Clochar 195
Cluain Eo 272
Oileán a'Ghuail 380
An Chorra Chríochach 359
Doire Locháin 368
Doire Treasc 254
Domhnach Mór 320
An Deargais 173
An Droim Mhór 451
Droim Caoin 250
Droim Ratha 460
Dún Geanainn 350
Éadán na dTorc 352
An Eaglais 300
E. R. Uí Néill 250
Aireagal Chiaráin 501
Eascair 290
Fionntamhnach 217
An Gallbhaile 624
Gleann Éallaigh 260
An Goirtín 300
An Caisleán Glas 300
Cill Dhreasa 276
Cill Íseal 359
Coill an Chlochair 390
Cill na mBán 164
Loch Mhic Ruairí 320
Baile na Móna 310
An Mhaigh 417
An Baile Nua 230
An Ómaigh 450
Cabhán a'Chaoirtainn 443
An Charraig 251
An Chraobh 281
An Srath Bán 430
An Taite Riabhach 300
Trí Leac 540
Urnaí 190
An Charraig Mhór (H) 138
Dún Geanainn (H) 102
Na Seamroga (H) 68
Naomh Colmcille (H) 66
Gaeil Chameoghain (H) 43
Naomh Eoin (H) 75
TOTAL MEMBERSHIP: 16147

Any other observations ?   An Gallbhaile 624 has the biggest membership

Norf Tyrone

The same but in order:

An Gallbhaile 624
Trí Leac 540
Aireagal Chiaráin 501
An Charraig Mhór 475
Droim Ratha 460
An Droim Mhór 451
An Ómaigh 450
Cabhán a'Chaoirtainn 443
An Srath Bán 430
An Mhaigh 417
Coill an Chlochair 390
Oileán a'Ghuail 380
Clann na nGael 370
Doire Locháin 368
An Chorra Chríochach 359
Cill Íseal 359
Éadán na dTorc 352
Dún Geanainn 350
Achadh Uí Aráin 330
Loch Mhic Ruairí 320
Ard Bó 320
Domhnach Mór 320
Baile na Móna 310
An Goirtín 300
An Caisleán Glas 300
An Eaglais 300
An Taite Riabhach 300
Eochar 300
Eascair 290
An Chraobh 281
Cill Dhreasa 276
An Bruach Áille 275
Cluain Eo 272
Achadh Lú 270
An Bearach 266
Gleann Éallaigh 260
An Brocach 258
Doire Treasc 254
An Charraig 251
Droim Caoin 250
E. R. Uí Néill 250
An Baile Nua 230
Fionntamhnach 217
Caisleán na Deirge 214
An Clochar 195
Urnaí 190
Cill na mBán 164
An Deargais 173

Observations:
* Is it just a statistical oddity that there are 5 teams with exactly 300 members.
* I am sure Loughmacrory had the smallest membership the last few years, what's changed?
* Drumragh's membership is higher than I imagined.
* What the hell do Galbally do with all their members!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

never kickt a ball

An Gallbhaile 624
Trí Leac 540
Aireagal Chiaráin 501

Only three "hero" clubs.
Good point norf. Drumragh have ten more members than Omagh.

snappiered

Any word what happening on the managerial merry go round. Alls very quiet with pre season training due to start in less than a months time. See Killeshils manager gone. Any word of anymore resignations/ sackings/ appointments. I know mal o rourke away from Errigal. Is it true that Chris Lawn is new Kildress manager?

supersarsfields

Good point norf. Drumragh have ten more members than Omagh.

Sure we all know there only one team in Omagh!!  ;)

Didn't realise we had so many members either compared to other clubs.