The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

LLS was shite and you knew it wasnt filmed live as there more atmosphere at a bloody wake

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hereiam on January 01, 2024, 01:56:36 PMLLS was shite and you knew it wasnt filmed live as there more atmosphere at a bloody wake

Was poor alright. Paddy struggles with reading an autocue. 

As for the Tumbling Paddies....Nathan Carters pet project at the minute so they'll go places. Rest of the guests were poor,  the whole influencers tipped it for me too. Jools was streets ahead. All the music,  bar Rod, was fantastic. The Wallopers are really going places, great band and lovely people. Great for Da Town! 

Hard to believe that these shows are recorded weeks ago and no one bats an eyelid on the whole 'live' show charade!!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 01, 2024, 05:22:23 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 01, 2024, 01:56:36 PMLLS was shite and you knew it wasnt filmed live as there more atmosphere at a bloody wake

Was poor alright. Paddy struggles with reading an autocue. 

As for the Tumbling Paddies....Nathan Carters pet project at the minute so they'll go places. Rest of the guests were poor,  the whole influencers tipped it for me too. Jools was streets ahead. All the music,  bar Rod, was fantastic. The Wallopers are really going places, great band and lovely people. Great for Da Town! 

Hard to believe that these shows are recorded weeks ago and no one bats an eyelid on the whole 'live' show charade!!

Late late Show was probably trying too hard to be like Jools Holland.

Square Ball

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 01, 2024, 01:51:10 PM
Quote from: weareros on January 01, 2024, 01:29:14 AMJools also had a talented young singer from Donegal too - Muireann Bradley. RTE/LLS very disappointing. I even moved over to one hit wonder Rick Astley on BBC.

Rick has a really strong back catalogue. 

Watched Jools as well, Muireann got a deserved standing ovation, different, but good.have a listen

https://youtu.be/YnFEEnzgg_A?si=dtWXd3GiF9laJ2yQ
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Blowitupref

Loving the music on the show tonight.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hereiam

Have stopped watching it tbh

Tony Baloney

Sofia Vergara on The Graham Norton Show a better bet  :o

tyroneman

Fcuk me.

Descending to the paddywackery of a segment where Conan O'B makes fun of his being unable to pronounce Irish names.

How original.

How hilarious.

Rois

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 12, 2024, 10:16:02 PMLoving the music on the show tonight.
Music was superb. Ralph McTell the icing on the cake. Really enjoyed it.

The Irish names thing from O'Brien was cringy but I mainly enjoyed him too.

Great show, seemed like people there were enjoying it.

jcpen

Really bad cringe,Kielty not much of an upgrade on Tubs.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

From the Bunker

In fairness Kielty has not much of a canvas to paint on!

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2024, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 12, 2024, 10:16:02 PMLoving the music on the show tonight.

Oh bloody hell , I can't  abide that man  singing.  Streets of London  is up there with Sweet Caroline  with songs that make my  ears bleed

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 13, 2024, 09:05:05 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2024, 12:38:00 PM

Oh bloody hell , I can't  abide that man  singing.  Streets of London  is up there with Sweet Caroline  with songs that make my  ears bleed

A serious ear condition you must have. Two classic and timeless tunes.

imtommygunn

That girl from Donegal has some talent. Blues stuff wouldn't be my cup of tea but you have to admire the talent.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2024, 10:30:23 PMThat girl from Donegal has some talent. Blues stuff wouldn't be my cup of tea but you have to admire the talent.
Not watching it. I take it's the wee girl that was on Jools Holland's Hootenanny. She was good.