County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

At present, Cavan , Leitrim, Westmeath , Offaly, Longford are all looking for a new  senior management team , while I personally expect Roscommon and Kevin Mc Stay to part ways. With few capable candidates out there , there will be frantic maneuverings by county chairpersons to nab the "ideal man" . It''ll be the manager dictating the terms and conditions. Micky Graham will possibly be the bookies favourite  , while Frank Mc Namee will have his supporters . Don't rule out a move for Banty !!! although rumour has him linked to Cavan

Syferus

Quote from: The Insider on July 26, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
At present, Cavan , Leitrim, Westmeath , Offaly, Longford are all looking for a new  senior management team , while I personally expect Roscommon and Kevin Mc Stay to part ways. With few capable candidates out there , there will be frantic maneuverings by county chairpersons to nab the "ideal man" . It''ll be the manager dictating the terms and conditions. Micky Graham will possibly be the bookies favourite  , while Frank Mc Namee will have his supporters . Don't rule out a move for Banty !!! although rumour has him linked to Cavan

It's already been confirmed McStay is staying on in today's Roscommon People. Makes fools out of those outside the county and people like Rossfan inside it that seriously thought there was any chance of him going.

Rossfan

If I was getting €XXX I'd probably have neck enough to stay too.
He's failed the players badly but hopefully he can see the error of his ways and 12 months too late try and rectify the situation.
And by the way immature childeen as a long time Ros supporter I al ways want the manager to be a success.
But I don't climb up their rear ends.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 26, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
If I was getting €XXX I'd probably have neck enough to stay too.
He's failed the players badly but hopefully he can see the error of his ways and 12 months too late try and rectify the situation.
And by the way immature childeen as a long time Ros supporter I al ways want the manager to be a success.
But I don't climb up their rear ends.

D1 semis, D2 title, at least three seasons in D1, Nestor, first ever back-to-back AIQFs - some failing!

Tough shít, you called McStay completely incorrectly with a series of pathetically snide and demeaning posts over three years. Time to show some humility and admit you read the tea leaves wrong. Even Gay had the sense to shut up after last year.

The Insider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2018, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2018, 09:19:26 PM
Denis Connerton steps down as Longford manager
I presume ye'll be calling to a certain Garda in Boyle? ;)
For the unimformed who might that be

Rossfan

The Insider

Thought he was in the Bank, hasn't really done it with Killoe who by rights should have Larry Moran, Mark Hughes , Cian Farrelly in with the county along with the 2 Mc Cormack's , Quinn and Mimnagh . Might just be that in any other era than against the present St Columba's team they would be the ones who would be piling up the titles . Unlike St Columba's , Killoe Og have a constant flow of underage players coming along most years . Had 6 U-17's in action against Dublin in the recent Leinster Shield competition although strangely had only 1 with the U-20 team as a sub in the final game

Syferus

Quote from: The Insider on July 26, 2018, 07:13:00 PM
Thought he was in the Bank, hasn't really done it with Killoe who by rights should have Larry Moran, Mark Hughes , Cian Farrelly in with the county along with the 2 Mc Cormack's , Quinn and Mimnagh . Might just be that in any other era than against the present St Columba's team they would be the ones who would be piling up the titles . Unlike St Columba's , Killoe Og have a constant flow of underage players coming along most years . Had 6 U-17's in action against Dublin in the recent Leinster Shield competition although strangely had only 1 with the U-20 team as a sub in the final game

Ya can't make gold from clay. I'd doubt Longford CB would be willing to give FOD the control he would ask for so they'll just go with another safe, boring appointment that will keep them spinning in place.

Farrandeelin

Backroom merry-go-round happening in Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2018, 07:16:55 PM
Quote from: The Insider on July 26, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

Ya can't make gold from clay. I'd doubt Longford CB would be willing to give FOD the control he would ask for so they'll just go with another safe, boring appointment that will keep them spinning in place.

Word is that Longford will offer the job to Cavan man Mickey Graham who has been doing great work with Mullinalaghta in the past years. Complication is that Mickey is also a candidate for the Cavan job.

Rossfan

I know it's only hurley shtuff  but Tipp hurling manager  Mick Ryan and his backroom team have stepped down.

sligoman2

http://www.the42.ie/cathal-corey-sligo-football-manager-steps-down-4162751-Aug2018/

I see Cathal Corey has called it a day, i thought he did a decent job and gave some young lads a chance.  My guess is one of:
an Eamon Ohara/ Gerry Mcgowan combo ( or one of them)
Jim McGuinness
James Horan
Fergal from Roscommon

Might be time for a home manager, last time we had one we won a Connacht title......

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 03, 2018, 12:42:32 PM
http://www.the42.ie/cathal-corey-sligo-football-manager-steps-down-4162751-Aug2018/

I see Cathal Corey has called it a day, i thought he did a decent job and gave some young lads a chance.  My guess is one of:
Jim McGuinness
James Horan
Fergal from Roscommon

Might be time for a home manager, last time we had one we won a Connacht title......

You thought he did a good job? Didn't most of his staff quit half way through the season? Ye blew yer chance at FOD last year. The idea Horan or McGuiness would be interested is frankly laughable too.

Itchy

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 03, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

Jim McGuinness
James Horan
Fergal from Roscommon

Suprised after only 1 year. Did he get pushed?

Blowitupref

Sligo's record this year Played 14 Won 4 Drew 2 Lost 8. Wins against Leitrim in the FBD, Wexford,Derry at home in the NFL and v London in the championship. Only just avoided relegation to Div 4 and their manner of defeat to Galway was one of their worst ever defeats in Connacht.

Its probably for the best that Sligo go with someone more local now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose