Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on March 07, 2011, 11:02:43 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2011, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: paco on March 05, 2011, 07:58:41 PM
Came across a film on IMDB called The Human Centipede: First Sequence a while back, it was on that SyFy channel last night and I decided to watch it. Anyone else ever seen it? I really don't know how these sort of films make it past the suggestion box! Maybe it's easier to make it in Hollywood than I thought.

The freakiest film I have ever seen, pure dung and the writer of this one needs his head looked at.

They're making a sequel.

One of the boys from the  football team was going on about watching this the other day... thought he was making it up when he was explaining the plot.... How in the name of jaysus do you come up with a plot like that?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

I just saw what the human centipede was about. Jebus, why did you sit then to watch that and then come on here and tell us how rubbish it was. Did you not know from the start what it was about.

Another messed up one I saw one time was Ichi the Killer. Not for the faint hearted either.

ziggysego

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 07, 2011, 11:43:12 AM
I just saw what the human centipede was about. Jebus, why did you sit then to watch that and then come on here and tell us how rubbish it was. Did you not know from the start what it was about.

Exactly. Once I heard what it was about, I knew not to watch it.
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Christ I thought The Other Guys was awful dung and I turned it off after a while.
Actually whats with all these posts about saying I couldn't wait for the film to finish as I thought it was bad etc..
Why don't you just turn it off or get up and leave the cinema or wherever? Why stay watching it..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Celt_Man

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2011, 12:35:50 PM
Christ I thought The Other Guys was awful dung and I turned it off after a while.
Actually whats with all these posts about saying I couldn't wait for the film to finish as I thought it was bad etc..
Why don't you just turn it off or get up and leave the cinema or wherever? Why stay watching it..

Well sometimes you have no choice but to sit and watch it through... If the movie wasn't your choice, to criticise the movie could be, and usually is, seen as criticising the person that picked it.... And its just not worth the hassle!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 07, 2011, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2011, 12:35:50 PM

Well sometimes you have no choice but to sit and watch it through... If the movie wasn't your choice, to criticise the movie could be, and usually is, seen as criticising the person that picked it.... And its just not worth the hassle!!

Fair enough point in fairness  :)

screenexile

Watched Human Centipede this morning as I'm off work having been taken out during a match yesterday.

Anyway my curiosity got the better of me and I thought I would give it a try. It's bad! Not bad in a good way but just very very bad. Awfull acting, awful storyline, awful awful awful.

If you're at a loose end though go for it as it is an experience. Just be aware of what to expect!

GalwayBayBoy

Got recommended a good movie for a romantic night in with the girlfriend tonight? It's called A Serbian Film. Hopfully it will get her in the mood anyway.

muppet

Unknown - Liam Neeson

The film I wanted to see was not on (explosion in the cinema the night before apparently).

Fairly enjoyable if a bit corny at times. Nice twist in the plot (which I'm sure all the lads on here all saw coming).
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2011, 05:56:09 PM
Got recommended a good movie for a romantic night in with the girlfriend tonight? It's called A Serbian Film. Hopfully it will get her in the mood anyway.

Well GGB did she put out?

CiKe

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2011, 08:55:36 PM
Unknown - Liam Neeson

The film I wanted to see was not on (explosion in the cinema the night before apparently).

Fairly enjoyable if a bit corny at times. Nice twist in the plot (which I'm sure all the lads on here all saw coming).

Thought it was very decent watch, not quite as action packed as Taken - which for pure popcorn entertainment I thought was hard to beat - but slightly more intelligent.

GGB presume you're taking the pi$$? Supposed to be very difficult to watch

Watched "Up" the other night. With all the rave reviews I expected better, but was enjoyable enough.

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2011, 08:55:36 PM
Unknown - Liam Neeson

Few parts were fairly ridic. Laughed at loud at part when yer wan is driving,some cone of vision, including top of buildings...multi story car parks ect :D

Fairly enoyable as you said though!

Denn Forever

Tonight on RTE1 at 23.45, one of my favourite feelgood movies, Dave  is on.

No Sky+ so its a late night.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Big Puff

Watched conviction in it, really impressed with Hillary Swank in this one, she is one of the best female actresses about at the minute.

Also watched zombieland, not a fan of zombie shows but this wasnt too bad, would recommend to watch if your dying with a hangover.

Orangemac

Saw Rango at the weekend. Very funny movie, lots of sarcasm in it and references to endless films ( Blazing Saddles, High Noon, It's a wonderful life and Most Clint films). Kids enjoyed it too.

Also saw Black Swan. Thought it was overhyped and pretensious to be honest.