6 county corporation tax

Started by armaghniac, December 03, 2014, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on December 12, 2014, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on December 12, 2014, 01:00:27 PM
Newry has a lot of infrastructure that west of Bann doesn't. Motorway beside it, railway and not far from Belfast or Dublin. All helps.
I think that is the important point which all  private employers look at( location)
unfortunately west of the bann suffers because of its location and no matter what happens this will unfortunately continue to be the case.

I think the likes of Fermanagh will face a challenge, in the absence of local entrepreneurs who do not gamble away their businesses, as the likes of Longford or Leitrim are not hotbeds of development. But Derry is a moderately big place and should have some chance if fair policies are applied.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2014, 04:52:30 PM
How about a referendum in "West of the Bann" to see if they want to join the 26 Cos.
At least ye might get a good road to Dublin if nothing else.

It would be a landslide yes.

Rossfan

I see Cameron high tailed it home early today when the Executive Parties wanted a load of £s off him.
I presume we'll be seeing a load of Austerity in the 6 Cos for the forseeable future.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hereiam

What struck me was home uninspiring Kenny looked standing beside Cameron. I have said it before he is no leader.