Run ins with the law

Started by Don Johnson, March 07, 2011, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2011, 04:49:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2011, 12:11:30 AM
Amateur. My mates used to get the taxi to drop them off at the end of a lane that was so rough only a tractor could get up it. One of them would fake being sick to make sure the driver stopped, the others would get out to "make sure he's OK" and next thing you know the three of them were away like the hammers of blue f*ck. Never got caught even though they did it for a spell of about six weeks.
So on a number of occasions they stole, in a pre-meditated and planned manner, from hard-working men who provide a much-valued, poorly remunerated* service late at night etc

Good "mates" of yours, by any chance?  ::)

* - When they get paid, that is
It's ok, he (the driver) would hardly have a degree. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 08, 2011, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2011, 04:49:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2011, 12:11:30 AM
Amateur. My mates used to get the taxi to drop them off at the end of a lane that was so rough only a tractor could get up it. One of them would fake being sick to make sure the driver stopped, the others would get out to "make sure he's OK" and next thing you know the three of them were away like the hammers of blue f*ck. Never got caught even though they did it for a spell of about six weeks.
So on a number of occasions they stole, in a pre-meditated and planned manner, from hard-working men who provide a much-valued, poorly remunerated* service late at night etc

Good "mates" of yours, by any chance?  ::)

* - When they get paid, that is
It's ok, he (the driver) would hardly have a degree.
:D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dillinger

In Whitehead in Co. Antrim. Mate and sitting near Blackhead coastal path one sunday morn, seen police car approaching. Thought it easier to run than explain things. Chased us on foot for a while. Was ok till mate started to call them black, well u know whats. Chased us all around Blackhead aera and then fired 2 shots over our heads from a distance. Fecked if we were going to stop. Don't think they would have brought us to the station for just a cup of tea. Got away anyway.

Orangemac

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 07, 2011, 11:43:08 PM
Well, anyone any funny stories about run ins with the cops or getting arrested? Not talking about anything too serious here, just light hearted.

When I was at uni, I had no money for a taxi home from the Odyssey to the Holylands but got it anyway, told the fella to stop at Botanic for me to go the bank machine. I was airlocked and only ran about ten yards before slowing down to a stroll. He caught me and brought me to the police station at the bottom of Botanic near the Halifax.

They put me in a wee holding cell for about half an hour to sober me up then brought me round to my house where I had to get a lend of £4 off a housemate. That was the end of my brushes with the law/
Snap Don. I also did an hours hard time in the exact same station.

I was caught carrying a couple of letters from the Virgin cinema sign advertising films ( I think it was Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels). Given a lecture on vandalising property and an hour in a room to sober up.

Wouldn't mind but those familar with Botanic in those days may remember that the red light district ( this makes it seem more glamorous than it was)was just around the corner from the cinema. 5 mins earlier I had been given the going rate ( I hadn't asked for it) by one of the ladies ( I say ladies....) who was working that night. The cops weren't bothered with them.

David McKeown

Was in the Maxol garage on the Lisburn Road (gone now) one night about 2004, right next to a cop shop when these two spides walked in.  Neither of them noticed the in uniform cops in the shop and shouted to the other one lets get some munchies here and go smoke this joint.  He was promptly arrested for possesion
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Quote from: David McKeown on March 08, 2011, 11:46:31 PM
Was in the Maxol garage on the Lisburn Road (gone now) one night about 2004, right next to a cop shop when these two spides walked in.  Neither of them noticed the in uniform cops in the shop and shouted to the other one lets get some munchies here and go smoke this joint.  He was promptly arrested for possesion

Ha, that Maxol was about 25 yards from one of the biggest cop shops in town!

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2011, 01:04:19 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 08, 2011, 11:46:31 PM

Ha, that Maxol was about 25 yards from one of the biggest cop shops in town!

Don't talk to me about it, I lived across the road in my student days and had to evacuate several times due to car bombs in front of it.

Hardy

A car bomb would give me the sh**ts too.

HiMucker

Mate of mine was steamin at the queens student union and resisted expulsion by the bouncers.  The Fuzz was called and he was brought back to the station and put in a holding cell to sober up.  He proceeded to strip his clothes off and tossed them in the corner, then in some sort of dirty protest, he pissed on his own colthes on the floor.  He had to walk home the next day to the Holy lands in a PSNI issued tracksuit!!

Banana Man

Quote from: HiMucker on March 09, 2011, 11:58:39 AM
Mate of mine was steamin at the queens student union and resisted expulsion by the bouncers.  The Fuzz was called and he was brought back to the station and put in a holding cell to sober up.  He proceeded to strip his clothes off and tossed them in the corner, then in some sort of dirty protest, he pissed on his own colthes on the floor.  He had to walk home the next day to the Holy lands in a PSNI issued tracksuit!!

:D

Anyway who has the contract for the PSNI trackuits, wonder could O'Neills pick it up, that would look sweet in the O'Neills shop

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2011, 09:56:32 AM
A car bomb would give me the sh**ts too.

A few skids is the least you can suffer in the cause of Irish unification!!   ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: HiMucker on March 09, 2011, 11:58:39 AM
Almost the exact same thing happened to someone I know just at the weekend - for some reason he decided to strip naked and ended up going home in the tracksuit!

Hardy

They seem like decent lads - giving a tracksuit to a kn**ker who urinates on his own clothes like a buck goat. I'd let him walk home in his own saturated gear.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2011, 12:56:36 PM
They seem like decent lads - giving a tracksuit to a kn**ker who urinates on his own clothes like a buck goat. I'd let him walk home in his own saturated gear.

Are these tracksuits now a badge of honour for the dim witted?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2011, 12:56:36 PM

Me too. By the way, we don't use the phrase 'buck goat' enough :D