The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2011, 02:36:38 PM
Is Laoislad's post staying 'unread' for anyone else? Annoying fecker :D

Yup same here  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bingo

Must say that gif is funny but I'm easily entertained.

Quick summary from yesterday:

Carra's "tackle" was a red. Only thing in his favour that saved him was that when i saw it in real time ( and we were sitting down in that corner) I didn't think it was as bad and it was from a standing position, rather than a lunge. Ref pulled out a yellow straight away and walked round with it out and this seemed to put the United players in a rage. Nani jumping round on his leg and then collapsing at the refs feet was daft as he was obviously hurt.

Rafael was red (but Carra's yellow saved him), not sure what the fuss about Maxis is about, maybe a free but see them go either way 10 times in a match.

Liverpool totally controlled midfield. Gerard was obviously not 100% but saved himself very well, was very disciplined and controlled. Lucas was super beside and he covers serious ground very effectively.

Bar 10 mins after half time, Liverpool never really looked troubled.

Rooney was totally ineffective, don't know how he lasted.

Surprised at how United threw the towel in. Once the third goal went in, they totally quit trying. Looked very disinterested and out of ideas, maybe it was realisation the game was lost but not like a united team.

Suarez is the business, never stopped trying and varying his runs.

Atmosphere was super from start to finish.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on March 07, 2011, 03:01:18 PM
Must say that gif is funny but I'm easily entertained.

Quick summary from yesterday:

Carra's "tackle" was a red. Only thing in his favour that saved him was that when i saw it in real time ( and we were sitting down in that corner) I didn't think it was as bad and it was from a standing position, rather than a lunge. Ref pulled out a yellow straight away and walked round with it out and this seemed to put the United players in a rage. Nani jumping round on his leg and then collapsing at the refs feet was daft as he was obviously hurt.

Rafael was red (but Carra's yellow saved him), not sure what the fuss about Maxis is about, maybe a free but see them go either way 10 times in a match.

Liverpool totally controlled midfield. Gerard was obviously not 100% but saved himself very well, was very disciplined and controlled. Lucas was super beside and he covers serious ground very effectively.

Bar 10 mins after half time, Liverpool never really looked troubled.

Rooney was totally ineffective, don't know how he lasted.

Surprised at how United threw the towel in. Once the third goal went in, they totally quit trying. Looked very disinterested and out of ideas, maybe it was realisation the game was lost but not like a united team.

Suarez is the business, never stopped trying and varying his runs.

Atmosphere was super from start to finish.

sums the game & incidents up perfectly for me
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

I haven't seen the game yet. Only caught highlights last night. I do have it taped on Sky 3D though, so I'll watch that tonight :D

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2011, 12:08:30 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 07, 2011, 11:55:36 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2011, 11:41:17 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 07, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2011, 09:50:19 AM
Some great moments yesterday...Suarez run for the 1st goal & in the 2nd half when he went past Evra & Brown, Nani crying, Carroll coming on & Rushie rubbing his hands in excitement, the cheer from the Kop when he won the 1st header & I loved the Kop singing Happy Birthday to the King & his smile!!!

Oh & Kuyts 3 goals

I enjoyed the song from Utd fans...  ''We won it 3 times without killing anyone''

Really?

No. Not really but it demonstrates the double standards on here. Not one of you pulled Two Hands FFS on his disgusting comment about Nani but all jump up when I post something distasteful.

The two comments aren't even in the same Galaxy nevermind the same level.
I think in times like this EC its better to just admit you were wrong,apologise and move on.
I really don't think you are the type of person to find a song about people dying funny or enjoyable especially considering how United have had their own tragedies in the past.

Fair comment LL. Just the first post got my blood up and none of the posters on here seen fit to flag it. My reaction was OTT and I have since deteted the post. I apologise for any offence caused. Was not meant in the way that some took it but none the less I should not have done it.

AZOffaly

Fair play EC. I knew that wasn't your style. I can see how you were annoyed by the Nani post as well, but I don't think that was meant the way you picked it up either. If Nani was badly hurt, I doubt you'd see a post like that, and if we did, I'd be the first to say it was out of order.

Bingo

Nani got shocking abuse when he was down and been taken off. But it was mainly cause of him jumping round like a loon after the incident and then falling in a heap at the refs feet.

On the reverse of that, Van Der Sar got a great reception from the Kop at the start of the second half and he acknowledged that back to them.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on March 07, 2011, 05:09:08 PM
Nani got shocking abuse when he was down and been taken off. But it was mainly cause of him jumping round like a loon after the incident and then falling in a heap at the refs feet.

On the reverse of that, Van Der Sar got a great reception from the Kop at the start of the second half and he acknowledged that back to them.

That's one of the nicer traditions at Anfield. They've been applauding the opposition goalkeeper at the start of the half defending the Kop end for years. And Van Der Sar seems to be a solid citizen, so I'm not surprised he got a good reception.

Carmen Stateside

Heard a couple of lads on the radio claiming to be United fans giving out about Bobby Charlton singing Youll never walk alone before the game.  I myself thought it was a nice touch by him.  Also shows the magical powers within Anfield!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2011, 05:17:12 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 07, 2011, 05:09:08 PM

[/b]
That's one of the nicer traditions at Anfield. They've been applauding the opposition goalkeeper at the start of the half defending the Kop end for years. And Van Der Sar seems to be a solid citizen, so I'm not surprised he got a good reception.

Jes thats a nice touch!

Bingo

I'm bored...so, EPL team of the year to date (saying as the PFA are probably collecting votes as well)

GK - Hart - not a vintage year for keepers. Strong case could be made for VDS as well.

RB - Ivanovic, no stand out RB and he may be a better CB. Coleman seems to have played more at RM.
CB - Vidic, picks himself.
CB - Hangeland, holds them together.
LB - A Cole. Not a popular player but very solid. Baines, a close call in a strong position.

RM - Nani. Probably wrong side but had a big year
CM  - Van Der Vart - great bargain buy.
CM - Adam - probably needs a more DM in team but he;s been super for blackpool
LM - Bale. Unplayable in first half of year, even if EPL games didn't hit heights of CL

F - Tevez Has carried city in my opinion
F - Carroll Up to his injury had been very impressive and is a good all round player. Consistant when a lot of other strikers haven't been  - Berbatov, Drogba, Anelka, Elmander.

laoislad

Ah Christ Bingo what are ya doing,all your doing is feeding the fools...
ross4life will be along now any minute with a million stats and youtube videos of each player.
Why can't you do what every man does when his bored,its free it only takes a few minutes and the end result is always satisfying unlike these endless best XI topics.. :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Rumours that Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux has signed a pre contract with Liverpool.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on March 08, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Ah Christ Bingo what are ya doing,all your doing is feeding the fools...
ross4life will be along now any minute with a million stats and youtube videos of each player.
Why can't you do what every man does when his bored,its free it only takes a few minutes and the end result is always satisfying unlike these endless best XI topics.. :)

Exactly. Link here.... http://www.boatloadpuzzles.com/playcrossword