The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2011, 12:02:42 PM
Just thought it was very strange for a footballer to be lying on the ground crying after receiving yes what was a poor tackle...it it was that bad he wouldn't have been able to get off the ground & chase after the referee.

Adrenaline?

Abble

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2011, 12:02:42 PM
Just thought it was very strange for a footballer to be lying on the ground crying after receiving yes what was a poor tackle...it it was that bad he wouldn't have been able to get off the ground & chase after the referee.

can someone walk us thru what nani was at here.
he gets chopped down by carra, right, fair enough, it was a poorly timed tackle, probably deserved a red.
but after that ?
ok one minute nani is lying down bawling his bloody eyes out.
handbags are out, camera switched to ref and players...then all of a sudden nani appears out of nowhere
but then, a half second later nani is back on the ground with his 2 feet raised high in the air ?! more crying then and a few bandages and gone

am i right ? or have i not seen that right

J OGorman

the Nani incident and the reaction to it just highlights were footy is at the minute. Nani and his constant theatrical sh!te (cheating) is a major major blight on the game (and not just Nani, any cheat from any club). Practically makes the game unwatchable. It used to be a mans game. Carragher should have been sent off. But watching Nani acting like a flowery blouse to the ref pointing out that 'I AM actually hurt this time, please believe'..jesus wept, it was embarrassing.

laoislad

ross4life is usually good for these gif thingys

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Big Puff

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2011, 11:43:35 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 07, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2011, 09:50:19 AM
Some great moments yesterday...Suarez run for the 1st goal & in the 2nd half when he went past Evra & Brown, Nani crying, Carroll coming on & Rushie rubbing his hands in excitement, the cheer from the Kop when he won the 1st header & I loved the Kop singing Happy Birthday to the King & his smile!!!

Oh & Kuyts 3 goals

I enjoyed the song from Utd fans...  ''We won it 3 times without killing anyone''

Wow.....

someones asking for a ban.....

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on March 07, 2011, 08:31:04 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 02:30:02 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 07, 2011, 02:17:36 AM
Jeezus - its great to see United supporters worrying about our motivation for the rest of the season.

QuoteWill we see the same motivation when they play Sunderland next week? prior to the United game the same players under Dalglish didn't seem too motivated v Sparta Prague,Wigan & West ham.

Worried? it's general question if i were a pool fan i would be wondering where was that drive,passion & determination showed v United in the other games.

Can't the same be said for the mancs? Where was the passion,drive and determination yesterday that they displayed against blackpool or citee?

I think supersub put it well on the last page

Not Really he said they played better, every player was more up that's true but it's no surprise the last league win before yesterday was v Chelsea so looks to me more often than not only big teams gets pool players motivated & you can't compare United as they are 18pts ahead of pool & after a bad game they will bounce back v the lesser lights.

If my memory serves me right Liverpool had a similar performance/result v United last season during there worst run of results ever.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 01:14:39 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 07, 2011, 08:31:04 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 02:30:02 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 07, 2011, 02:17:36 AM
Jeezus - its great to see United supporters worrying about our motivation for the rest of the season.

QuoteWill we see the same motivation when they play Sunderland next week? prior to the United game the same players under Dalglish didn't seem too motivated v Sparta Prague,Wigan & West ham.

Worried? it's general question if i were a pool fan i would be wondering where was that drive,passion & determination showed v United in the other games.

Can't the same be said for the mancs? Where was the passion,drive and determination yesterday that they displayed against blackpool or citee?

I think supersub put it well on the last page

Not Really he said they played better, every player was more up that's true but it's no surprise the last league win before yesterday was v Chelsea so looks to me more often than not only big teams gets pool players motivated & you can't compare United as they are 18pts ahead of pool & after a bad game they will bounce back v the lesser lights.

If my memory serves me right Liverpool had a similar performance/result v United last season during there worst run of results ever.

That's not really accurate though. It's an easy tag to throw around, but in reality since Dalglish took over they have been steadily improving, and were in the middle of a good run until the poor performance against West Ham. I'd prefer to look at the glass half full and say the wins against Stoke and Wolves, and Chelsea and United are more reflective of the direction LFC are heading. Still a huge way to go, but I do think things are moving forward again.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2011, 12:31:48 PM

I remember noting in 2008 how John Arne Riise's lack of a right foot proved so damaging to Liverpool's European Cup challenge that year. And at the other end of the spectrum is Suarez. Sweet

GalwayBayBoy

Kenny enjoyed the crowd singing Happy Birthday anyway juding by this photo taken during it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on March 07, 2011, 01:24:52 PM

I remember noting in 2008 how John Arne Riise's lack of a right foot proved so damaging to Liverpool's European Cup challenge that year. And at the other end of the spectrum is Suarez. Sweet

Is 12 Smalling? How did he get out there? He should have been in centre back.

ross4life

It was almost a Evra OG & didn't need the extra touch
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Is Laoislad's post staying 'unread' for anyone else? Annoying fecker :D