Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILikeStrawberryJam

Youd miss Laoistalk as Ed took no crap with the moderating but 90% of poster on here are
decent football heads ..just have to ignore the odd waster .. they'll get bored and go elsewhere ..

Good to see Finn and Booth back .. always rated Booth .. we badly need him

Timmons, Quigley, Meredith, Keogh all big loses .. Is Keogh gone indefinitely ?

Don Draper

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on January 05, 2017, 01:56:55 PM

Good to see Finn and Booth back .. always rated Booth .. we badly need him

Booth pucking the head off Earley one day in O'Moore Park in an O'Byrne Cup game will always be a favourite of mine. Earley was throwing the weight around, Booth was new enough to the scene, and decided enough was enough.

Tony

Booth is a hard worker and great to have him in the squad, but I personally think he's a good while off Timmons at FB. We can do with more backs so good to have him on board. He's experienced now too at around the 29 / 30 age mark.

O moore parklife

Saw  one of the under 21 footballers shane nurney from o dempseys or port not sure had a seriously good game in full back against roscommon in a match last week. Only 19 so a good prospect for the future 

steven seagal

Timmons is going to miss the whole league at least, so hopefully Booth can find a bit of form. This time of year usually suits him.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Daly gets on, saw him playing years ago as a juvenile and thought he was very impressive, but he didn't have a great couple of years at minor level. Hopefully Creedon can help bring him on, because he has pucks of potential. Murphy is very light for senior football, himself and Sean Moore are two fine forwards but they'll need a lot of gym work if they want to survive at intercounty level.

Laoiseabu

O Moore parklife     he's from Odempseys I know the uncle well. Comes from a very good football family although the three lads are still very young . His younger brother Eoghan is on the Laois u15 panel and is supposed to be a nice player. The older brother Gavin is supposed to be a serious, serious player but has suffered with bad anxieties since he was a child which hinder him a lot . Shane himself is a fine footballer has a lot to learn but certainly has good potential too.

SCFC

Quote from: O moore parklife on January 05, 2017, 03:54:39 PM
Saw  one of the under 21 footballers shane nurney from o dempseys or port not sure had a seriously good game in full back against roscommon in a match last week. Only 19 so a good prospect for the future
His father Frankie was a good one anyway. Haven't seen much of Shane but he was poor in the intermediate final last year.

Laoiseabu

Yeah was poor in the intermediate final has a lot to learn but does have potential I hear. Yes Frankie is the father a good football man lives and breathes the game.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Laoiseabu on January 05, 2017, 04:34:09 PM
O Moore parklife     he's from Odempseys I know the uncle well. Comes from a very good football family although the three lads are still very young . His younger brother Eoghan is on the Laois u15 panel and is supposed to be a nice player. The older brother Gavin is supposed to be a serious, serious player but has suffered with bad anxieties since he was a child which hinder him a lot . Shane himself is a fine footballer has a lot to learn but certainly has good potential too.
He'd have a great pedigree alright. His cousins would be Stewart Nerney of Portlaoise and Jimmy and JP of The Heath.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on January 05, 2017, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on January 05, 2017, 08:30:59 PM
He'd have a great pedigree alright. His cousins would be Stewart Nerney of Portlaoise and Jimmy and JP of The Heath.
We're a great County for tradition.

Would he be anything to Gerry Nerney of Annanough now there was one of the hardiest men I ever had the pleasure of marking on the football field.A very underated player at that.

Be interesting to see how we fair...Ambrose Doran at Centre forward is interesting he always looked decent to me and I hope he can fulfill his potential good to see James Finn back he adds a bit of size and Physicality there when O'Loughlin and Quigley are not around he can also kick a score from distance which we don't have much off in the squad.

I'd like to know the Subs for Sunday has anyone got the list?

LAOIS ABÚ

Ballyroan Abbey

Surely first time a laois 15 was named where every player came from a different club

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 06, 2017, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 05, 2017, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on January 05, 2017, 08:30:59 PM
We're a great County for tradition.

Would he be anything to Gerry Nerney of Annanough now there was one of the hardiest men I ever had the pleasure of marking on the football field.A very underated player at that.

Is he anything to the great Declan?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unlaoised

Laois 1-15 DIT 0-8

Good start big Donie on fire decent showing to be fair enjoyed the game
LAOIS ABÚ

ILikeStrawberryJam

Any of the new lads stand out Unlaoised?

on the hop

Finished with a very young team, a lot of u-21's. In terms of the younger players, daly has a bit about him but needs a bit of coaching and building up. Moore is very accurate but is still very light as would be expected at this stage, very good player. Nerney was solid in the backs. Ambrose Doran finished very strong kicking 3 points in the second half. It was older players that pushed it on.