Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on November 14, 2016, 03:35:31 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 13, 2016, 10:41:19 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to who if any are invited into the county panel, personally id like to see knowles and comerford from stradbally and murphy from cretty in
Im reluctant to judge anybody but i think Knowles would be way out of his debt at intercounty level. The chap may have had a bad day yesterday but he got absolutley roasted by the Sarsfield full forward in the u21 semi final.Murphy is similar i think. Good free taker though. Stradballys centre back,Buggy is a shoe in for a permanent spot. Comerford is a semi professional soccer player so i cant see him commiting. I hear he has ambitions to try his luck in the UK
Was the Sarsfields Full Forward Sean Moore? If so, I'd give him a pass. I dont know the Knowles chap, but anyone deserves a pass for getting roasted by Moore.

Butch Cassidy

What age is Moore now? Is he in with the seniors?

Ballyroan Abbey

This was his first year out of minor, realistically laois should have a junior team/u23 to develop the likes of murphy, knowles, buggie, moore, daly from barrowhouse, crowley of emo etc

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Murphy would have good blood in him, his Da was a former Laois star ...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 15, 2016, 02:28:36 AM
Murphy would have good blood in him, his Da was a former Laois star ...
And his grandad.

les Antiques

Is  Pa Murphy who was on the Laois u21 team in 94 that chaps Dad ?

Don Draper

Unlaoised

I'd hope that Sean Moore and Bracken from Port along with Daly from Barrowhouse might be called in to the senior set up!
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoislad80

Darragh Connolly from ballyfin would be worth a try in my opinion

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 15, 2016, 03:25:34 PM
I'd hope that Sean Moore and Bracken from Port along with Daly from Barrowhouse might be called in to the senior set up!

Suprised killen havnt snooped for daly yet

The Monument Road

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 15, 2016, 07:00:42 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on November 15, 2016, 03:25:34 PM

Suprised killen havnt snooped for daly yet
Maybe they already have....although the chap always seems to have a Josephs top on him these days....strange.

Unlaoised

Panel seems to becoming along nicely with everyone available and asked committing to so far.

Creedon seems to have the players very interested in the way he is going about things!!!

I'm hearing good vibes!!!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Anyone know if many stradbally lads were called up I know Begley will be there but what about Eoin Buggie?Jody  Dillion comerford Barney Maher ??I think them and Joe's have a few players worth looking at...Sean Ram from Timahoe was superb as well this year would he be in with a shout?

Rory Bracken from O'Dempseys?
Sean O'Shea from Kileen?

Stuart Nearney from Portlaoise?

LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

I wouldn't think those players you mentioned are of the required level, Buggie would be worth a shot alright and Comerford (but he will probably play soccer). Sean Ramsbottom is in there as far as I know.

les Antiques

Buggie and Knowles should get a run in January along with Shiels if he is fit .