Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 18, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2018, 06:34:54 PM
Embarassing. It's amazing to watch how fast Sean Cavanagh, perhaps the best player to ever wear a Tyrone jersey, became public enemy number one after breaking the Tyrone omertà.

He's not though.

He's not public enemy number one either.

Where did I say he was?

Brilliant thread though.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 18, 2018, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 18, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2018, 06:34:54 PM
Embarassing. It's amazing to watch how fast Sean Cavanagh, perhaps the best player to ever wear a Tyrone jersey, became public enemy number one after breaking the Tyrone omertà.

He's not though.

He's not public enemy number one either.

Where did I say he was?

Brilliant thread though.

Sorry, I was referring to the post you quoted.
That was never a square ball!!

Puckoon

Some cynical commentary on here at best, pathetic at worst.

I am glad the term True Gael has been retired around these parts. To Quote Cahir O'Kane in the IN referring to Sean Kelly's tweet

He may well be proven right in time. But how much did he actually know about the incident before he took such a staunch position on it?

Clearly many posters on here know everything about the incident, and the aftermath. I hope it was an accident, and I hope the book is thrown at those who encroached the field of play on Friday night in Healy Park also. What more can you say?

There's long been a culture of thuggery in the games unfortunately - it isn't unique to Tyrone, Sean Cavanagh, or Ulster.

Jinxy

If I'd accidentally inflicted those injuries on an opponent, I would have gone out of my way to apologise.
Sometimes that isn't possible at the time (ambulance etc.) but I'd like to think I'd give him a ring the day after to see how he was getting on.
Sean obviously doesn't feel this was an accident.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2018, 10:36:02 PM
If I'd accidentally inflicted those injuries on an opponent, I would have gone out of my way to apologise.
Sometimes that isn't possible at the time (ambulance etc.) but I'd like to think I'd give him a ring the day after to see how he was getting on.
Sean obviously doesn't feel this was an accident.

Very true. Do we know if he definitely has not made an attempt at an apology?

It wouldn't be too hard for the player in question to get Cavanaghs phone number!!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Puckoon on September 18, 2018, 10:13:28 PM

Clearly many posters on here know everything about the incident, and the aftermath. I hope it was an accident, and I hope the book is thrown at those who encroached the field of play on Friday night in Healy Park also. What more can you say?

That's the problem, the authorities will say but not do anything.  Watch how many motions come to congress about all sorts of issues but virtually none will propose a rule change to eject clubs from competitions for such violence on the field or make clubs responsible for actions of supporters coming on to the field to join or initiate the violence

Quote from: Puckoon on September 18, 2018, 10:13:28 PM
There's long been a culture of thuggery in the games unfortunately - it isn't unique to Tyrone, Sean Cavanagh, or Ulster.

Not unique to Tyrone but no one can argue that violence is not endemic in the club game, not always the mass brawl or supporters on and off the field but violent attacks on the individual are very common.

Brick Tamlin

On the Nolan show now.
Call me cynical but this guy is milking it for book sales.
Saint Sean, squeaky clean and wholesome.

lenny

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 19, 2018, 10:30:00 AM
On the Nolan show now.

Can't understand him at all. You'd nearly think he's trying to cash in while people still remember him as a great county player.

screenexile

Quote from: lenny on September 19, 2018, 12:24:12 PM
On the Nolan show now.

Can't understand him at all. You'd nearly think he's trying to cash in while people still remember him as a great county player.

No harm in it at all but let's not pretend that it isn't part of this whole situation!!

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on September 19, 2018, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 19, 2018, 12:24:12 PM
On the Nolan show now.

No harm in it at all but let's not pretend that it isn't part of this whole situation!!

Of course it is. I've heard him mentioned on radio and tv today about 10 times. This is bound to help boost sales of his book so he's quite happy to go on every show going.

trailer

Sportsperson writes book. Sportsperson promotes book. Jesus you lot didn't take into Kieran Donaghy or The Gooch when they were doing the same, but yerra it's Kerry and aren't they lovable cute hoors, yerra.

Brick Tamlin

Those are 3 different personalities completely.
Cavanagh strikes me as a gurnin bastid of the highest order.
He has little or no loyalty too; only out of that Tyrone setup a wet weekend and already mouthin off about everythin.
He has literally scattergunned all areas; Catholic Church & the GAA, Mickey Harte, Mental Health, gamesmanship and abuse in games.
Mighty mighty player but i think Joe Brolly may have been right.

TabClear

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 20, 2018, 10:59:18 AM
Those are 3 different personalities completely.
Cavanagh strikes me as a gurnin bastid of the highest order.
He has little or no loyalty too; only out of that Tyrone setup a wet weekend and already mouthin off about everythin.
He has literally scattergunned all areas; Catholic Church & the GAA, Mickey Harte, Mental Health, gamesmanship and abuse in games.
Mighty mighty player but i think Joe Brolly may have been right.

That's just crazy talk, does not matter what subject  ;)

Aristo 60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6JAJVAGC9M

Book sales, book sales, book sales.

Would love to see the email from the publicist telling him to get as much exposure as possible over the next 2.5 months. God, the Edendork lad has done him some favour.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 20, 2018, 11:14:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6JAJVAGC9M

Book sales, book sales, book sales.

Would love to see the email from the publicist telling him to get as much exposure as possible over the next 2.5 months. God, the Edendork lad has done him some favour.

In hindsight, a very good point!