Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

priceyreilly

priceyreilly

Or what do you think of this one?

From the Bunker

Ah, look at that! Them Dublin Voluntary Coaches really stepped up to the mark the last 15 years. Time for the rest of us to step up to the mark and try harder!

kerryforsam19

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 01, 2019, 07:32:09 PM
Ah, look at that! Them Dublin Voluntary Coaches really stepped up to the mark the last 15 years. Time for the rest of us to step up to the mark and try harder!

You need a hobby FTB 😂😂😂

TheGreatest

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 01, 2019, 05:34:57 PM
Here's the promised graph:

Fantastic graph, i have to say well done, you must have a doctorate in graphic design or something.

Quick question, if the development funding started in 2005 and the beneficiaries of that funding were mainly 5-12 years olds in schools, would in not be more beneficiall to start record it from 2011? unfair on Pillars team of the noughties.

I also believe this guy and Kerry for sam are the same individuals, and the same as a person knocking around these forums a while back, name escapes me.

Can you include in the graph the 70s and 80s also? and the ealry 90s, couple of barron years there for sure, but every great football team as barron periods, included the Kerry team of the 90s.

Although i know your a WUM, but your understanding of sport and sporting history is quite poor?

kerryforsam19

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 02, 2019, 09:37:52 AM

Fantastic graph, i have to say well done, you must have a doctorate in graphic design or something.

Quick question, if the development funding started in 2005 and the beneficiaries of that funding were mainly 5-12 years olds in schools, would in not be more beneficiall to start record it from 2011? unfair on Pillars team of the noughties.

I also believe this guy and Kerry for sam are the same individuals, and the same as a person knocking around these forums a while back, name escapes me.

Can you include in the graph the 70s and 80s also? and the ealry 90s, couple of barron years there for sure, but every great football team as barron periods, included the Kerry team of the 90s.

Although i know your a WUM, but your understanding of sport and sporting history is quite poor?

As the great Jonathan Glynn once said " that's f**king bulls**t"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on July 01, 2019, 04:51:47 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2019, 11:40:01 AM
I see Kilmacud Crokes won Feile u14 Division 1. Another golden generation although funny enough the senior football coach in Kilmacud Shane Smith, who as an aside has a masters in Sports Science signals out their GDO Pauric McDonald on twitter for his great coaching foundations.

But according to Hound these guys just go to schools, I am confused and probably just mean spirited.
Pauric is an extra GDO that Kilmacud decided to get in, in addition to the standard one. He is 100% funded by Kilmacud's members and completely irrelevant to Games Development Funding.

Every club in the country can hire a GDO, if they have the members willing to fund it. Not many cubs as big as Kilmacud though. And they attract big sponsorships as well.

But he's not is he? If they can afford to pay one on their own why are we paying for half on another on? That makes no sense.
#newbridgeornowhere

kerryforsam19

Must be plenty money in crokes

https://kilmacudcrokes.com/club/coaching

In fairness kildare clubs should have no excuse as have plenty money.  A ex Kerry footballer was telling me Luke Dempsey was getting 300 a training session with Leixlip during the height of celtic tiger before leaving for Carlow job. Jack O'Connor was getting €400  a couple sessions with moorefield when in Leinster final couple years ago. Surely them clubs would have better advised to invest in grassroots.  I heard Leixlip now struggling at intermediate level

priceyreilly

I've f**king destroyed you in arguments about this before and you'll be leaving with your tail between your legs again!

It's the lie that the Dubs are clutching onto, they've tried so many but they think their best hope to muddy the waters is with the 'won't anybody think of the childers'! The GDO's go into schools, they work with kids and encourage them to go to the local club. They teach the basics to the kids but that is not the end of it! They coach in clubs as well, in fact, that's their main area. They also coach parents and anyone interested in taking teams. Coaching the coaches in other words. Talent spotting is another key role for the GDO's. They report to officers in charge of the elite development squads. This is what has been happening since the funding began. Players on these elite development squads are given professional level coaching and preparation, the ultimate target is to develop top level athletes at senior level. If you look at the 2011 Dublin team, you will find many of them, especially in the backline.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 02, 2019, 05:30:12 PM

I've f**king destroyed you in arguments about this before and you'll be leaving with your tail between your legs again!

It's the lie that the Dubs are clutching onto, they've tried so many but they think their best hope to muddy the waters is with the 'won't anybody think of the childers'! The GDO's go into schools, they work with kids and encourage them to go to the local club. They teach the basics to the kids but that is not the end of it! They coach in clubs as well, in fact, that's their main area. They also coach parents and anyone interested in taking teams. Coaching the coaches in other words. Talent spotting is another key role for the GDO's. They report to officers in charge of the elite development squads. This is what has been happening since the funding began. Players on these elite development squads are given professional level coaching and preparation, the ultimate target is to develop top level athletes at senior level. If you look at the 2011 Dublin team, you will find many of them, especially in the backline.

Well said PR

Hill16 Blues

I caught you out before you prize fn arsehole. You are one and the same poster. Multiple usernames discussing Dublin GAA with each other on a shithole GAA forum. Is this what you do for kicks you sad fkr.

priceyreilly

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on July 02, 2019, 10:07:23 PM
I caught you out before you prize fn arsehole. You are one and the same poster. Multiple usernames discussing Dublin GAA with each other on a shithole GAA forum. Is this what you do for kicks you sad fkr.

That other poster is most likely from Dublin.

It's in no way surprising to see a Dub fire out abuse in the face of undisputed facts. Lashing out in anger is all you have left. You know you have been doped to the gills but you can't accept it. Well, guess what? You're going to have to. Your county board accepted the money, they chose to buy success instead of competing fairly. By right, Dublin should be stripped of all titles won during their doping years, what's going to happen is that you'll be split into 4 and we'll all try to move on and learn from this dark period. Like cycling has attempted post Armstrong, like athletics post Ben Johnson.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 03, 2019, 11:14:23 AM

It's in no way surprising to see a Dub fire out abuse in the face of undisputed facts. Lashing out in anger is all you have left. You know you have been doped to the gills but you can't accept it. Well, guess what? You're going to have to. Your county board accepted the money, they chose to buy success instead of competing fairly. By right, Dublin should be stripped of all titles won during their doping years, what's going to happen is that you'll be split into 4 and we'll all try to move on and learn from this dark period. Like cycling has attempted post Armstrong, like athletics post Ben Johnson.

PR/K4S sometimes less is more.
#newbridgeornowhere

priceyreilly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2019, 11:16:09 AM
Quote from: priceyreilly on July 03, 2019, 11:14:23 AM

PR/K4S sometimes less is more.

Kildare have barely won anything this century bar the f**king O'Byrne Cup, less is certainly not more.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/horan-downplays-funding-s-role-in-dublin-footballers-success-1.3944630

The funding that goes into Dublin is to maintain the participation levels, which is key.

"To sound boring myself about this, there are other factors that play into Dublin's success. One is a very competitive and successful games programme which is driven, in fairness, by the capacity abilities that they have in the county."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU