how can team compete with Dublin?

1.All meals delivered to Dublin players
2.none of the dublin team work
3.free cars
4.access to facilities in Abbotstown,DCU
5.have their warm area/dressing room

Time to take the dubs out of croker and play a few games down the country

*** FAKE NEWS ALERT*

1.All meals delivered to Dublin players - FAKE NEWS - Confirmed by John Costello
2.none of the dublin team work - FAKE NEWS - Myth debunked time and time again
3.free cars - Not all get them, some of them get them as loans
4.access to facilities in Abbotstown,DCU - Dublin always hand a strong affiliation with DCU, they use a lot of club grounds, Parnells (Davids) Innisfails in Kinsealy, which are hardly state of the art facilities, take your logic the take Tyrone out of their centre of excellence, Clare etc, How can Leitrim compete with Mayos 320 K senior football team expenditure
5.have their warm area/dressing room - Dublin have always warmed up infront of the Hill. Only problem with people now because they are winning, Dressing room myth debunked time and time again.

God , newbies what.

They're just denials, there is nothing to say they are true. I would firmly be of the opinion that a high proportion of the Dublin players effectively have part time or no-show jobs.

Not denials, its been confirmed.

regarding professions, A lot are Students, il give you that, but a lot are young men on the current Dublin panel, who might of got a scholarship etc, no harm it that.

5 are teachers
8 Students
6  work in finance
4 in medical or fitness.
3 in account management or sales.
7 or 8 unknown but I say mostly students as the unknowns are also very young.

I would day its a similar profile to a lot of teams.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 08:51:45 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 08:38:11 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 08:25:42 AM
Quote from: CumminsCiderLarry on February 01, 2018, 09:37:52 PM
how can team compete with Dublin?

1.All meals delivered to Dublin players
2.none of the dublin team work
3.free cars
4.access to facilities in Abbotstown,DCU
5.have their warm area/dressing room

Time to take the dubs out of croker and play a few games down the country

*** FAKE NEWS ALERT*

1.All meals delivered to Dublin players - FAKE NEWS - Confirmed by John Costello
2.none of the dublin team work - FAKE NEWS - Myth debunked time and time again
3.free cars - Not all get them, some of them get them as loans
4.access to facilities in Abbotstown,DCU - Dublin always hand a strong affiliation with DCU, they use a lot of club grounds, Parnells (Davids) Innisfails in Kinsealy, which are hardly state of the art facilities, take your logic the take Tyrone out of their centre of excellence, Clare etc, How can Leitrim compete with Mayos 320 K senior football team expenditure
5.have their warm area/dressing room - Dublin have always warmed up infront of the Hill. Only problem with people now because they are winning, Dressing room myth debunked time and time again.

God , newbies what.

They're just denials, there is nothing to say they are true. I would firmly be of the opinion that a high proportion of the Dublin players effectively have part time or no-show jobs.

Not denials, its been confirmed.

regarding professions, A lot are Students, il give you that, but a lot are young men on the current Dublin panel, who might of got a scholarship etc, no harm it that.

5 are teachers
8 Students
6  work in finance
4 in medical or fitness.
3 in account management or sales.
7 or 8 unknown but I say mostly students as the unknowns are also very young.

I would day its a similar profile to a lot of teams.

Confirmed?

Alot of mobsters in America were employed in the sanitation business, it doesn't mean they actually turned up for work. The Dublin players are "employed", I would imagine a lot of them would not do a full working week and are there for optics.

I think you're either naive or blinkered on this.

RedHand88

The reason why Dublin get the hill before games is because the changing rooms are assigned alphabetically. Whichever team is higher alphabetically (e.g. Ath Cliath) get changing room 1. If Ard Mhacha are playing Dublin in croke park, they get this side.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 02, 2018, 11:16:54 AM
The reason why Dublin get the hill before games is because the changing rooms are assigned alphabetically. Whichever team is higher alphabetically (e.g. Ath Cliath) get changing room 1. If Ard Mhacha are playing Dublin in croke park, they get this side.

Which is convenient. Ard Mhaca and Aontroim the only two counties that could possibly get Changing Room 1 v the Ath CLiathans.

mup

Meath, Westmeath, Down, Cavan and Longford to name but a few.

They all start with An as far as I know.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2018, 11:04:13 AM
Another top table man defending the financial doping of the Dublin monster
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/o-neill-says-dublin-s-success-reflects-well-on-the-gaa-1.3377120?mode=amp

Quotethe plan to put a coach into every club in Dublin and get them to pay for half was devised at that time because it was coming out of government funds.

Ha! Calls out the BS that Dublin had this great plan and every club had a great plan and every county should follow suit. The Leinster Council some crowd. Smiler O'Neill should take a long look at his county and their struggles.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 08:35:09 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 02, 2018, 08:33:07 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 08:26:49 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 02, 2018, 08:23:12 AM
Nonsense that Dublin fans don't travel. Im pretty sure theyve outnumbered the home support whist travelling in recent years.

Its a very good point, every away league match was well attended including the outing in Leinster.

This year will be no different.

Great travelers my hole!

The attendance at the Carlow game in 2017 was 13,238! The attendance at the Wexford game in 2016 was 16,764! The GAA will continue to make life convenient for the largest fan base to be able to go to games.

Biggest attendances last year were in the league, Carlow will not attract big crowds, 85% of that match crowd were Dubs. Its good for what it is.

Another unsubstantiated statement. Biggest attendances away in the League? Where are the figures?

RedHand88

Quote from: mup on February 02, 2018, 11:46:55 AM

That's actually a fair point. I never thought about it with An. If that's the case then An Mhí and An Iarmhí need to challenge it. Remember Mayo v Dublin 06?

mup

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 02, 2018, 01:10:59 PM

That's actually a fair point. I never thought about it with An. If that's the case then An Mhí and An Iarmhí need to challenge it. Remember Mayo v Dublin 06?

That was a good laugh.

Pillar Caffrey shouldered some lad in to the back. The minute the lad turned around Caffrey recoiled. He was an obnoxious man.

Farrandeelin

Will I ever forget?  ;D That day had it all. It was John Morrison who Pillar shoved in the back. Whelan walking like a bull to the Hill. Then to top it all off the comeback at the end. I'm smiling here as I type. :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orchard park

from memory pillar ran into someone from behind for sure, didnt he get a 1 match ban ???

From the Bunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ByVZsXNWs

Always amazes me the lick arsing of Lyster, O'Rourke and Brolly to the Dubs!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

Will I ever forget?  ;D That day had it all. It was John Morrison who Pillar shoved in the back. Whelan walking like a bull to the Hill. Then to top it all off the comeback at the end. I'm smiling here as I type. :D
was privileged to be there that day actually

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 02, 2018, 07:36:45 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

was privileged to be there that day actually

When you look back at the full game on Youtube, you realise how naive both teams were. Incredibly naive. McDonald was some talent. But he could mix the sublime with complete madness. No wonder Kerry wiped us in '04 and '06.