DIY thread

Started by Jim Bob, February 25, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Doesn't appear to be a thread where we can get help from each other for DIY around the house. So I thought I'd start this one off as im sure most of us would have some interest .........
My question is in relation to the following. I have an outdoor water tap and I wish to run a 20 mm blue water pipe from it to run underground. Is there an adapter that I can use so that I can continue to use a garden hose from the tap as well. Been searching online but no luck

J70

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 25, 2018, 05:31:43 PM
Doesn't appear to be a thread where we can get help from each other for DIY around the house. So I thought I'd start this one off as im sure most of us would have some interest .........
My question is in relation to the following. I have an outdoor water tap and I wish to run a 20 mm blue water pipe from it to run underground. Is there an adapter that I can use so that I can continue to use a garden hose from the tap as well. Been searching online but no luck

Like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018Q3AQ4W/ref=asc_df_B018Q3AQ4W5383559/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B018Q3AQ4W&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193139379506&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4366730405838371258&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004402&hvtargid=pla-311013955890

If so, you should be able to get one at your local hardware shop or DIY place.

Jim Bob

No. That is for 2 garden hoses. The 20mm water pipe is a different size from the garden hose.

laoislad

Can you see or access  the feed pipe going to the tap? If so then something like this would work.
Just cut existing pipe and join it with that and you have an outlet for your new pipe.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Not sure this is ideal for the DIY thread.

Anyway, need to replace door posts on a garden shed. It's an old tin shed and its leaning slightly to one side, meaning the current door and posts are leaning too (well, pretty much the whole shed is).

Should I fit the new posts perfectly upright and hang the door straight, or just go with the lean? Thought maybe if upright it may put pressure on the new posts. Any thoughts?

Main Street

After reading BennyCakes's post,  a garden shed picture thread might have some interesting entries.

illdecide

Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2018, 11:42:52 PM

Anyway, need to replace door posts on a garden shed. It's an old tin shed and its leaning slightly to one side, meaning the current door and posts are leaning too (well, pretty much the whole shed is).

Should I fit the new posts perfectly upright and hang the door straight, or just go with the lean? Thought maybe if upright it may put pressure on the new posts. Any thoughts?

Put posts in and plumb up your shed by propping up the corners that need it, then you'll have a nice straight door and shed
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on August 31, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2018, 11:42:52 PM

Put posts in and plumb up your shed by propping up the corners that need it, then you'll have a nice straight door and shed

I see. Best way to prop up these posts?

Owen Brannigan

When you say a 'tin shed' what do you mean?

BennyCake

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 31, 2018, 08:26:09 PM
When you say a 'tin shed' what do you mean?

Corrugated, roof and sides.

Owen Brannigan

I would say you should attempt to square up the shed before replace the door posts. You could do this with a rachet strap and then brace each end to hold the shed back on being plumb.

Mhic Easmuint

I have a gap in a set of french doors near the bottom where there is a draft comes in on Windy nights. See pics of the gap and any places i think it can be adjusted.
Can it be easily sorted or something i would need to contact the manufacturer about.

Dire Ear

Probably could be adjusted but I would check with the manfacturers first; as a small adjustment the wrong way could make it worse

Milltown Row2

Looks like someone tried to break in !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Check the warranty and see if you can have them sorted through that, I've a set of French doors that have warped over the years, my neighbour fits these doors and windows and he has adjusted my doors to their max and i still have that twist on the doors (the only way i can fix it is to replace them)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch