The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Thought the lads product was good today and surprised that only 100 were ordered.  The girls product was rubbish, but that was because they'd so little time to design something half decent.
I don't see how the girl could've taken boots offer of exclusivity in the situation and it's unfair to casitgate her for refusing the offer.  Also, in a task of this nature, should price and cost of manufacture not have been an issue?

Banana Man

missed the second half, who got the boot, i'm assuming it was one from the girls team???

johnneycool

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 13, 2010, 10:21:56 PM
Thought the lads product was good today and surprised that only 100 were ordered.  The girls product was rubbish, but that was because they'd so little time to design something half decent.
I don't see how the girl could've taken boots offer of exclusivity in the situation and it's unfair to casitgate her for refusing the offer.  Also, in a task of this nature, should price and cost of manufacture not have been an issue?

I suppose in the real world the girls would have had more time to design the piece of crap and as the task ultimately was to sell stuff that day with no recriminations down the line then they should have haggled a bit with boots on the first order quantity and exclusivity just to win the task. I shouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to see that none of the other companies was remotely interested in the silly thing.

Maguire01

I don't see how the girl could've taken boots offer of exclusivity in the situation and it's unfair to casitgate her for refusing the offer. 
I don't agree. Boots asking the question was an indication that they would order. There was no real signs of interest from any of the other parties. Plus even a 'small' order for a company the size of Boots would most likely have blown orders from other competitors out of the water. It was heat of the moment, but it was the wrong decision.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 14, 2010, 06:20:43 PM
I don't see how the girl could've taken boots offer of exclusivity in the situation and it's unfair to casitgate her for refusing the offer. 
I don't agree. Boots asking the question was an indication that they would order. There was no real signs of interest from any of the other parties. Plus even a 'small' order for a company the size of Boots would most likely have blown orders from other competitors out of the water. It was heat of the moment, but it was the wrong decision.
I think it was all bit bolloxy really, firstly, we had no idea of the price of the product, secondly, we didn't know the rules - were they allowed to offer exclusivity?  Boots wouldn't actually have been buying the actual product on display anyway, as they said they'd have to redesign it, would such sales have counted?

I see the point that yes, they seemed interested etc, but the whole thing was too vague imo - you are right that she should not have dismissed it out of hand, but should have discussed what was on the table.  The boys deservedly won as it would have been a travesty if that book reader had won.

Orangemac

Been watching TV3 and BBC versions and it is hard to keep track of whos who.

Definitely seem like more dicks on the BBC version. A few public schoolboys who aren't going too far and a few mouthpieces on the girls side, although the eye candy has improved this year especailly with Beaky getting the boot last night.

The PM on the girls team was lucky to survive last night.

"Who are you taking back into the boardroom with you?"

"Ehhhhhhhh..........Looks around". Hardly a bolt from the blue that question might have been coming.

Olly

Have you noticed that they all put in deep blue contact lenses in the board room? What's that all about?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Bogball XV

Quote from: Olly on October 15, 2010, 12:04:59 PM
Have you noticed that they all put in deep blue contact lenses in the board room? What's that all about?
funnily enough the wife pointed that out to me the last night, be cool if some of them put in some way a puma or something on them!

Olly

I was reading up on it there and someone says it might be something to do with "colour grading" by the producers or something like that. The room is also blue.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

tyroneboi

Seriously where do they get these people from? That blonde dyke was lucky she won the task or she would definitely been away. I cant see Shibby avoiding the sack here!

Square Ball

who got the boot? couldnt be bothered watching it on IPlayer
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lurganblue

Shibby got the boot...

I hated seeing that girl paloma (?) lying at the end there

Bogball XV

Quote from: lurganblue on October 20, 2010, 10:27:33 PM
Shibby got the boot...

funny name alright and annoying with it - definite liar too, she was very impressive tonight.  The other girl should have got the boot though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 20, 2010, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 20, 2010, 10:27:33 PM
Shibby got the boot...

funny name alright and annoying with it - definite liar too, she was very impressive tonight.  The other girl should have got the boot though.
Impressive in what way? She was steaming in making promises they couldn't deliver on!