FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That was a pretty handy group to get out off, I blame O'Neil and Roy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

It wasn't a great performance from Ireland considering we needed to win and never got ahead. We only really went for it after falling behind and that was too late.

JPGJOHNNYG

It was there best performance in a while but they are still so blunt up front. 2 points from their last 3 games is just shit. Imagine the playoffs will be more of the same :(

LilySavage

Great effort tonight. Mcgoldrick makes a huge difference. Gonna be hard now with one from four.

shark

Hopefully Wales win tomorrow night and take them out of the playoff equation.

Milltown Row2

At least they won't have to score to get through the playoffs, draw and penalties will do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

weareros

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 09:51:01 PM

Wouldn't call it handy. Denmark ranked 14, Swiss 20, and we are 42,  on current standings. Don't think we'll come out of our playoff group, however. In that respect, it will be pretty embarrassing not to qualify when we are hosting and 24 teams from Europe qualify.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: weareros on November 18, 2019, 10:00:46 PM

Wouldn't call it handy. Denmark ranked 14, Swiss 20, and we are 42,  on current standings. Don't think we'll come out of our playoff group, however. In that respect, it will be pretty embarrassing not to qualify when we are hosting and 24 teams from Europe qualify.

There were harder groups.. Kenny will have his work cut out for him

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:07:10 PM

Kenny will be a lot more attack minded.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 18, 2019, 10:09:53 PM

You can only play with what you've got..

Can they meet the wee 6?

rodney trotter

Ireland will likely be playing Slovakia away in one off play off, if Wales win tomorrow. Then they could be potentially playing the North in the final. Bosnia the other team

shark

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:14:01 PM

Can they meet the wee 6?

Potentially in the league B final. However if Wales don't beat Hungary then NI could be in league A. If Wales to the business then I think it looks like Bosnia v NI and Slovakia v Ireland in league B semis.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:14:01 PM

Can they meet the wee 6?

Yes, but McCarthy has players like Brady, Byrne, Robinson and Cullen who are much more dynamic. He goes with solid cloggers. I can see why,  but there is a plan b in that squad

LilySavage

Brady was shite the other night and not plsying near standard of lads out there tinight. Byrne plays agsinst amateurs every other week. Cullen never played a competitive international. Robinson gets his game. I dunno what you see on the bench thst will make many improvements to how well Ireland played today. Best performance in years.

From the Bunker

Yeah, them two chancers stayed a campaign too long we were an embarrassing mess at the end of their tenure. Left Mick with a lot of psychological work to do!