WHATS THE BEST GAER FOR TEAMS ,GAELIC GEAR OR O'NEILLS ?

Started by Rasmatazz:), September 27, 2008, 05:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmatazz:)

What do players prefer Gaelic Gear or O'Neills ?

Any coments.

stpauls

mournerambler

O'Neills gear is by far the better product, but the level of service you will get from O'Neills is crap to put it mildly.

supersub

i agree o'neills have better design and quality but have heard numerous times not just from my own club about poor services and wrong orders etc!

Must agree ,oneills are by far better product but with Gaelic Gear must be under cutting them and some clubs now prefer to use them ,surley oneills is starting to loose some creidt now.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Leo

O'Neills enjoy an almost monopoly position in what is a huge market in Irish terms but a tiny market globally. Firms like Azzuri, Gaelic Gear and, in the past, Connollys are on a hiding to nothing if O'Neills put the squeeze on suppliers, county committees, etc. in an effort to take rivals out of the game.

Ultimately competition among suppliers will not really happen until the way is cleared for the likes of Addidas, Umbro, etc.

Just how much of the gear presently being sold is actually Irish is questionable and a more relaxed interpretation of this rule might benefit the GAA as a whole in the long run by  bringing more competitive (and imaginative) products into the market place. This will also have the effect of improving quality all round.

At least O'Neills had to respond to the GG challenge by opening outlets in Belfast, Newry & Strabane that they never did before and. I'm told, their marketing has laso been more aggressive with deals available that couldn't be got in the past. That's the effect of competition even if it is only limited at this stage.

The impression is given however that O'Neills have the inside track with the powers that be and that can be very diffciult to dislodge - vested interests and all that.
Fierce tame altogether

bannside

lynchbhoy

Uladh

The customer service / competency of staff levels at O'Neil's mean that they are not an option for me

illdecide

O'Neills end of story, you can wash the feckers 100's of time and they are still as good as new but Gaelic gear after a dew washes are fit for the bin
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Quote from: bannside on September 30, 2008, 09:10:35 AM
Razmatazz, what sort of wages do Gaelic gear pay?

I would guess less than o'neills ,Creidt crunch,Creidt crunch >:( :o

spiritof91and94

to me Oneills are way over priced - a kids strip is £36.00 this is more expensive than soccer strips and as they have no competition they get away with it.
They are also reluctant to sponsor clubs who may have put 10k per year to them in turnover - I mean to sponsor a match at say £300 wouldnt break them. They tell you that they give a pay back to each club once a year by way of thank you but in real terms it means we over charged you in the first place anyway!
Also, they should have a scheme were GAA Club Members get a discount on production of a valid membership card.

Real1995

Nice guys always finish second!

guevara

Wonder why firms like adidas, Umbro etc dont influx the market more.
A lot of counties are starting to have all their leisurewear made by say Puma (Fermanagh but return to the Irish companies for the actual jersey.

I have the Kerry jersey from around 97 or so that adidas made and the quality in it compared to some of O'neills stuff is unreal.
I know we will have people come on & argue that we should only use Irish suppliers but for too long O'Neills have abused there position as GAA number one supplier. Over priced, with designs that have no real difference from county to county.
At the end of the day O'Neills realise most people who use Gaelic Gear one year will be back in two or three years and can afford to have crap levels of customer service
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan