Show Your Support

Started by Leo, September 08, 2010, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Great competition idea in Irish News today.
Club Down looking for best decorated town, school, etc.
I can't believe how little colour there is in places like Kilcoo and Hilltown. Maybe this competition will gee them up.
Castlewellan looks brilliant.
Fair play to Club Down for thinking of including the schools.
Fierce tame altogether

Square Ball

Quote from: Leo on September 08, 2010, 09:22:18 PM
I can't believe how little colour there is in places like Kilcoo and Hilltown. Maybe this competition will gee them up.

a regular board poster is envolved in it. you can rule my local road out of the running  >:(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Leo

Quote from: Square Ball on September 08, 2010, 09:47:55 PM

a regular board poster is envolved in it. you can rule my local road out of the running  >:(

As you are Bredagh is your local road not the Ormeau Road? Thought it would be supportive enough. Is anywhere inn Belfast putting out the bunting?
Fierce tame altogether

Banana Man

Even Banbridge town is starting to get red and black, great belief in the county - great to see

CaptDun

You need to see the lower end of Dundrum - a credit to the club.

orangeman

I was in Guildford yesterday and was a bit surprised to see the Down and Tyrone flags there.

artisan2010

I was in Newry yesterday and was told there was a door to door collection for funds to decorate Drumgullion/Lisgullion on the ARMAGH Road.
Clough needs to get its act together though  ;).  Not sure who they are supporting!!!!!

Banana Man

Gilford would be a very evenly split town/large village to be honest. Everyone thinks it's just unionist but it's because they shout louder, there is a very large nationalist population there

passedit

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 09, 2010, 10:39:26 AM
I was in Newry yesterday and was told there was a door to door collection for funds to decorate Drumgullion/Lisgullion on the ARMAGH Road.
Clough needs to get its act together though  ;).  Not sure who they are supporting!!!!!

Must be 100% for Cork as they have red and white AND the blue of Munster.

I'm told, though I didn't witness it myself, that a Down flag made a 20 minute guest appearance on a lamppost on the Brunswick Road in Bangor a couple of saturday mornings ago.
Don't Panic

Leo

Massive display going up in Warrenpoiint today, fair play to them.
Rostrevor where are you?
If you don't have Down flags aren't your own red & black at least?
Fierce tame altogether

Pangurban

Loughinisland should win this hands down, they are a credit to the County

artisan2010

Never mind Loughinisland Crossgar has been decorated this afternoon!!!!!!

Square Ball

Quote from: Leo on September 09, 2010, 06:01:33 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 08, 2010, 09:47:55 PM

As you are Bredagh is your local road not the Ormeau Road? Thought it would be supportive enough. Is anywhere inn Belfast putting out the bunting?

the short strand apparently has flags up :D. the ormeau road, the Down bit, is not totally welcoming to the GAA. There was one up for the semi final but it was taken down

the boys were out the other night putting new flags and bunting up, bless them, but it was not Down colors they were putting up

artisan2010

Was it Cork Colours? the same as Clough.

Square Ball

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 11, 2010, 06:44:52 PM
Was it Cork Colours? the same as Clough.

two thirds of the way there, add in blue and your there