Cheeky charlie dub

Started by ludermor, October 31, 2007, 08:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Apologies if this has been covered earlier, i don't know how to access the herald online (does it exist?)
I see a Dublin footballer was caught with some 'stimulants' the other night after the dubin county final . This managed to make the front page of the herald, seems a bit harsh for what is reported to be a small quantity. Whats the general view?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ludermor on October 31, 2007, 08:51:39 PM
Apologies if this has been covered earlier, i don't know how to access the herald online (does it exist?)
I see a Dublin footballer was caught with some 'stimulants' the other night after the dubin county final . This managed to make the front page of the herald, seems a bit harsh for what is reported to be a small quantity. Whats the general view?

i don't think there is an online version of the Herald

Gnevin

My feeling it because who he is, A file being sent to the DPP  is a bit much don't the garda normal just say gives us that stuff and cop the f**k on?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

Quote from: Gnevin on October 31, 2007, 09:53:40 PM
My feeling it because who he is, A file being sent to the DPP  is a bit much don't the garda normal just say gives us that stuff and cop the f**k on?

Remember he was found asleep in the street a few months ago? His father is a Garda and there were rumours he helped make parts of  it go away. Not this time.

The GardaĆ­ do not take Class A's off you and send you on your way.

The cover up begins. Its Garda harrasment of a Garda's son.

Declan

He wasn't charged- Don't know the full circumstances but surely innocent until proven guilty. The reality is it mightn't even make the herald on a normal day. Crazy that it's on the front page.
Young Bonner himself would want to cop on at this stage and it seems that he has issues so he'd be better off trying to get help - Dilemma for Pillar as well I'd have thought so hard to know where his inter-county footballing career goes now.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on October 31, 2007, 10:23:20 PM
[Remember he was found asleep in the street a few months ago? His father is a Garda and there were rumours he helped make parts of  it go away. Not this time.

This is already on a thread on the GAA section, but when you say "not this time" the night he was found asleep in the street was the night of the Leinster final, the night these allegations refer to is the night of the Leinster final.
So rumour has it that the guards made the drugs "go away" at the same time as arresting him for having drugs??
::)
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on October 31, 2007, 10:23:20 PM
His father is a Garda and there were rumours he helped make parts of  it go away. Not this time.

what a load of bullshit you talk

his father did what exactly to cover up what - in relation to him being found asleep drunk on the street

hardly a criminal offense...?
::)