NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Have to say I really enjoyed the whole game. I'm a bit innured to the whole razzamataz thing, as I was a season ticket holder in Arizona for a few years, and the razzamataz was the main selling point for a good while there :D

Wembley is a fantastic stadium, but the area out there is a dive, and the queue for the Tube at Wembley Park, out Wembley Way, was an absolute joke. Walking down from the stadium it looked like a scene out of Lord of the Rings with 30,000 orcs waiting to get a tube. It was going nowhere, so we walked back to Wembley Central and it was much better. I presume the logistics are better for a big soccer match?

The pitch was poor. Very poor. I know the weather was bad, but surely the teams should have been briefed on what footwear they needed? I'd say the heads groundsman is having a fit as we type.

As to the game itself, I thought Miami's Defence stood up fairly well, but there were a couple of bad throws by Manning that should have been scores, and another couple of last ditch, borderline pass interference calls. Miami's offence was muck, and their best drive was when the Giant's had the ball and gave away about 50 penalty yards.

Great weekend though, and great to see all the different NFL jerseys on display. I think the atmosphere was always going to be fairly muted when you have probably 50,000 neutrals at a game. It's hard to really shout and roar for the defence when in all honesty you couldn't give two shites :D

Can't wait for the next one, and if God spares me, I'll try my damnedest to be there, either in London or somewhere else in Europe.

Maybe the Cardinals can be next, although I heard on Sunday night that it was the Chiefs 'at home' in Germany?? If it is, someone like the Raiders or Broncos would be class.

PS. Regarding the roof, I think the design of Wembley is that the roof panels are only to cover the patrons, and not the field. When it is raining, the 4 panels slide in from the north, south, east and west stands, but they never meet. Instead they form a 'photo frame' around the pitch size. I'd imagine the seats that were covered up were because they didn't sell them in case of rain. If you were sitting down there you'd have been drowned. Like the cheerleaders. Mmmmm.

Great Leap Forward

The next game at Wembley is supposed to be next year between the Jaguars and the Redskins.

turk

Hi lads,

enjoyed the game very much, couldn't get over the amount of fanboys killing each other to get merchandise.

match wasn't mighty in terms of quality. fair play to the dolphins for such a depleted squad they went well. thought that they over did the passing when chatman was going well getting short ground on runs.

thought manning "stank". if he wasn't who he was he'd be kicked out of there by now. fair enough he got his td run, but his passing and decision making was appalling.

i'd definitely go again lads!!

Balboa

I thought it was a great experience but not a great match, i knew i was onto a loser when i think a Dolphin player was down by contact but ran on anyway for a touchdown, my girlfriend asked "was that not a goal?" so the ticket was maybe wasted on her. AZ the area around Wembley has always been a dive and always will be and you would need to watch yourself round there,the only white people you saw were all going to the match, we went for a few beers around the stadium after the game so the tube wasnt as bad heading back into London. We had really good seats, front of top tier, there were a fair few empty seats though in various parts of the stadium. There was one English wa*ker that spent the whole game screaming "dddddefense"........I thought i was going to give him a bit of thunder and lightning.

the Deel Rover

things have tightened up in our own league but the question is can any one stop Bet with Paddy powers. He seems to be doing a patriots on it with his 8 and 0
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Couple of questions:

I drafted in two players this morning but it seems they're waivers. What does this mean? Why is it pending? Why wouldn't it be accepted? Do I take the chance and start the injured player I was hoping to drop so that if it's accepted the new player will be in place?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

have to chip this one in, was doing the rounds before Kick-off last sunday in Wembley:

Q: What do the Dophlins and James Bond have in common???

A: 0-0-7

A Jets fan got kicked out by security in front of us for hitting another fan(who was dressed as superman). I was standing beside the Jets fan after half time beside the tunnell where the Giants were coming out. He was roaring at Michael Strahan "you f**king f**got, Strahan, your shit", I just said to him, "jesus calm down there lad" he took one look at me and saw i was wearing a Giants top so he just ignored me and kept heckling Strahan. What an asshole, glad he got thrown out, to a chorus, started by myself, of "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE!!"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Finally - a win - without either QB playing

:D :D :D :D :D

AZOffaly

Alright lads, in the middle of an office move today. Probably won't get to review until tomorrow. But it's looking good for the Turfmen this week !!! 3-6 here we come :)

Great Leap Forward

Chris Henry has returned to the Bengals roster and may be a good pick-up for one of you guys if someone hasn't got him already. He has only 67 catches in the NFL but 15 of them have been for Touchdowns.

If he can find his feet quickly expect better numbers from the Bengals pass offense.

AZOffaly

Somebody already had him. I went looking to pick him up about 2 weeks ago in preparation, but someone was hoarding him. Good patience in fairness.

the Deel Rover

on a bit of a roll at the moment but i think my winning streak is about to come to an end with Brady not playing >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 07, 2007, 09:53:20 AM
Somebody already had him. I went looking to pick him up about 2 weeks ago in preparation, but someone was hoarding him. Good patience in fairness.

It's annoying feeling when you think you are stealing a march on everyone but someone has beat you to it.

He should be a good pick-up. A very talented young lad, hopefully he can get his head right.

Rossie11

QuoteSomebody already had him. I went looking to pick him up about 2 weeks ago in preparation, but someone was hoarding him. Good patience in fairness.
Must have just beaten you to him AZ.  Only got him about 2 weeks ago myself. Someone else had him and ditched him.

the Deel Rover

You have been in my wing mirror  the past 5 weeks rossie i think your going to overtake me this week your on a bit of a roll
Crossmolina Deel Rovers