Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 12, 2018, 03:43:12 PM
Can't believe this thread is still going. The men complaining here more than likely sit down to pish. Bad things happen playing sport. No condoning it. But to still have people proposing police involvement. Find it hard to believe that the above story, was a completely unprovoked attack with no slabbering done, or digs thrown beforehand. Now it was an awful injury, but very few people playing GAA do these acts without some sort of provocation.

I can't believe you are actually serious, and as such a WUM

Provocation I've seen in games has been, winning the ball off a player in a tackle, fair shoulder and player getting dumped on his arse, only for player to 'dirty joe' him, other provcation would have been showing the player the score board, seems fair/legit ? lets break this guys cheek bone and we'll all laugh about it in the pub afterwards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Incident in question. https://youtu.be/1tM43gxvFCU?t=1066

White #12 runs in and hits black #12

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 12, 2018, 04:30:21 PM

Should have been a free out before that kicked off, black #20 high punch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2018, 04:38:10 PM

What minute is the incident? Look I've said it before, I'm not condoning dirty joe hits or dirty joe boxes. I just don't buy into the blanket coverage of assault, use of police etc. 9/10 if you get a slap you've deserved it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Would you like me to draw you a diagram as well?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2018, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2018, 04:38:10 PM

What do you make of the game restarting as the lad is still walking off the pitch and them playing around him?

Aye I seen that, the problem is and it's a common feature, the referee can get flustered during those incidents, sends someone off after a melee and chatting to other linesman, team who wins the free play on!

He should've waited but I'm glad they didn't as your man went straight up and scored a wonder goal..

My biggest concern though is the welfare of the player who was by all accounts still shaking from getting hit

Therealdonald

I just think we're going down a dangerous road with this nonsense. There will always be flare ups, when pride and passion are involved. Some posters on here reckon that involving police or heavier suspensions from the county boards will deter offenders. It won't. There is a life sentence in jail for murder....yet we still have murderers.

Police should never be involved with GAA business. Be it criminal or a slap during a game.  We talk about the dirty joe slap from behind? What about the late high elbow? Is this going to be assault? Or the clothesline tackle that we see more and more of? Once we have police involvement, then all of the above can be reported to the police. You're knickers are all in a twist.

It's club championship season, tempers run high. Consider that 200/300 years ago, the same parishes wouldve been fighting to the death in the name of sport.

Stall the Bailer

You say the police should never be involved. So if some one intentionally killed a person on the field, you would let them away with it?

imtommygunn

That limerick fella is having reconstructive surgery donald. That shit deserves police intervention without question.

RedHand88

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 12, 2018, 07:38:09 PM
I just think we're going down a dangerous road with this nonsense. There will always be flare ups, when pride and passion are involved. Some posters on here reckon that involving police or heavier suspensions from the county boards will deter offenders. It won't. There is a life sentence in jail for murder....yet we still have murderers.

Police should never be involved with GAA business. Be it criminal or a slap during a game.  We talk about the dirty joe slap from behind? What about the late high elbow? Is this going to be assault? Or the clothesline tackle that we see more and more of? Once we have police involvement, then all of the above can be reported to the police. You're knickers are all in a twist.

It's club championship season, tempers run high. Consider that 200/300 years ago, the same parishes wouldve been fighting to the death in the name of sport.

Ehhh..... wut?

Therealdonald

Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 08:32:57 PM
The purpotrator should be handing himself into the cops never mind getting his club to fend for him.

Sorry from looking at that clip. Its hard to pick out what he done? So I don't see exactly how that is the bastion of proof that it was intended to be??

Wildweasel74

Donald must be a die hard sinn fenner with his attitude to police intervention in a serious assault! Happened on the street and I take it you wouldn't contact them either! Should we never bother to have them involved if u house gets robbed or serious car accident! I You say police involvement is wouldn't deter assaults on a field or especially the on refs, I beg to differ!! Its attitude like yours to on field violence is are part of the problem!! If 9/10 times you deserve your slap what does referees do to deserve it!

LeoMc

So anything goes?
Judas hits are ok.
Kick a man on the head when he is down?
Draw a hurl on a man from behind?
If the Ref misses it you are grand to go on.

JoG2

Quote from: LeoMc on October 13, 2018, 09:27:56 AM

So anything goes?
Judas hits are ok.

Careful now, therealdougal sounds like a tough brut!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2018, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 13, 2018, 09:27:56 AM

So anything goes?
Judas hits are ok.

Careful now, therealdougal sounds like a tough brut!

I doubt he even played, or at best played the Z team/ beer belly team.