Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Read this earlier in the INews I thought it was a really good article, then came on here and saw that Paddy has his own thread dedicated to himself...I'd say he'll be chuffed if he finds out.  I personally enjoy his articles every week I think he talks a lot of sense and todays is excellent in my opinion...But you will never please everyone, I'm sure he wouldnt't give a shit about people slagging him off on here he probably reads it and laughs...Look out for next tuesdays column....'Are GAA forums full of bitter and twisted shit ex footballers'
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

ziggysego

He gave the team the idea to grow a few beards. So yes, Paddy got us to the final and him a Derry man ;)
Testing Accessibility

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: D4S on August 19, 2008, 02:16:26 PM
Look out for next tuesdays column....'Are GAA forums full of bitter and twisted shit ex footballers'

Now that would be funny  :D

Name and shame Paddy... name and shame  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

Zapatista

I just got the impression that his colimn followed by his chat with Harte a week later about his column followed by his debate in Lurgan with Harte that same night give Harte to food for thought to bring Tyrone to an AI semi.

ONeill

Can't see anything wrong with this article. Quite good.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rav67

Must say I always enjoy Paddy's articles.  He became a bit of a cult figure among the Belfast student population a year or 2 ago when a few people had his mobile number for some reason.  If you're reading Paddy I hope you enjoyed the rendition on your answerphone of the "Paddy Heaney, Irish News" chant outside the Bot!

Will Hunting

Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2008, 02:17:22 PM
He gave the team the idea to grow a few beards. So yes, Paddy got us to the final and him a Derry man ;)

Not quite the final yet ziggy, but as it's only Wexford, I see where you're coming from.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rav67 on August 19, 2008, 04:59:59 PM
Must say I always enjoy Paddy's articles.  He became a bit of a cult figure among the Belfast student population a year or 2 ago when a few people had his mobile number for some reason.  If you're reading Paddy I hope you enjoyed the rendition on your answerphone of the "Paddy Heaney, Irish News" chant outside the Bot!

One of the posters on the board had his number thru JOrdanstown gaa! I remember someone getting a phone call in renshaws during freshers week there from the police apparently paddy wasn't happy with the constant prank calls!

Rav67

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 19, 2008, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on August 19, 2008, 04:59:59 PM

One of the posters on the board had his number thru JOrdanstown gaa! I remember someone getting a phone call in renshaws during freshers week there from the police apparently paddy wasn't happy with the constant prank calls!

I think one or two fellas inevitably took things too far, it had to stop then!  I remember standing on the steps beside DJ Skip's booth one Wednesday night when that chanting was going on and they were renamed the Paddy Heaney Steps!

under the bar

Just reading this weeks Off the Fence.   Tyrone's progress doesn't sit well with some in the Orchard County.

Padraig From Armagh says:

"Not a mention of Armagh hammering the Dubs, a stronger team than the one that played Tyrone, in April.  Maybe Harte was at that match, or borrowed the video from Armagh.   We certainly opened them up that day and exposed them, which Tyrone merely capitalised on."

Heaney then replies "In the absence of enough space to properly respond to this, I'll just ask one question: what are you talking about??"

LOL.  You'd think the Armagh Secretary could come up with a better pseudonym than "Padraig" ;) :P

corn02

That is some good reading there UnderTheBar. Read the composer again.

ardmhachaabu

Sometimes Heaney really exposes himself to be an utter idiot.  This is one of those times.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

screenexile

Quote from: corn02 on August 29, 2008, 09:57:36 AM
That is some good reading there UnderTheBar. Read the composer again.

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 29, 2008, 10:19:18 AM
Sometimes Heaney really exposes himself to be an utter idiot.  This is one of those times.

Yeah it wasn't Heaney who wrote it! Seamus Maloney did. I would agree with Maloney too. What has Armagh beating the Dubs in the league got to do with Tyrone beating them in an AIQF? Nothing I would say!

under the bar

He really picks the stupidest to take the p*ss out of.  Another girl says that all the 1/4 finalist should have another attempt when knocked out, even those that came thru the back door!  ffs

QuoteThat is some good reading there UnderTheBar. Read the composer again.

Aye I know it wasn't Heaney, but it was his Off the Fence stand in.  Same column so doesnt really matter.

btw: Why can't Heaney write his column from holiday?  Taking the p*ss out of a few letter can't take up much time!

maggie

Beard or no beard-hes still gorge.  Never mind his journo abilities, any1 know his marital status??  ;)