Primark fire in belfast

Started by imtommygunn, August 28, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2018, 06:41:58 PM
Quote from: general_lee on September 06, 2018, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2018, 04:12:13 PM
Who was yer man on BBCNI news yesterday, Jesus he wasn't impressed.

Was it the CEO of Argento, the jewellery store that can't open? Saw him on the BBC website.
My heart bleeds for this poor millionaire

Maybe you could consider the employment and well-being of the employees in the store, genius.

A very poor comment. Ordinary everyday people will suffer. And this will last over the busy Christmas period. Some of the shops effected will lay people off. Others will close as footfall won't be the same.
I know when we go to Belfast, Zara is always somewhere we go. If it's not open, it's unlikely we will go to Belfast at all. That's the knock on effect.

omaghjoe

Were the fire brigade equipped for the fire?

I saw some of the footage and it looked like the reach of the hose spray was no where near high enough when the fire was on the top story

ONeill

Maybe I'm wrong, but an iconic building? Had you asked anyone to list the top 20 iconic buildings in Belfast 2 months ago, Primark would not have been mentioned. Google iconic buildings in Belfast. Knock the fcuker down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Was it the CEO of Argento, the jewellery store that can't open? Saw him on the BBC website.

Maybe you could consider the employment and well-being of the employees in the store, genius.
A good Strabane man who knows the value of business to his staff. Not a silver spoon millionaire.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2018, 10:13:14 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but an iconic building? Had you asked anyone to list the top 20 iconic buildings in Belfast 2 months ago, Primark would not have been mentioned. Google iconic buildings in Belfast. Knock the fcuker down.

Yes it would have - don't be silly

ONeill

Milltown Row2

The place to meet your date, well there or City hall depending on what side of town she came from, very much an iconic building, not that many people walk around Belfast that actually lift their heads high enough to see the buildings above shop front height. Unfortunately we blew a good few buildings up over the years.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

See this place to meet your date shit.

1. Who said I'm meeting my date?
2. Who met their ride at Primark?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2018, 11:39:02 PM

You met there to get 2 t-shirts for a tenner before heading to Cornmarket to buy a packet of lighters and some white sax.

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2018, 11:39:02 PM

1. Who says it has to meet your standards or google of iconic status
2. Who says it had to be in the top ten

It is/was a marvelous building and need to demonise a beautiful building to justify knocking it down, its a miracle it is still standing and everything within reason should be done for it to be saved.

When people's jobs are at risk tho its obiviously something that would not be in its favour.

Dont think its just a case of simply knock the thing down tho.

haranguerer

This is the sort of shit that happens when you create a massive amount of drama over a burning building. You'd think it had been 9/11. And businesses doing good turns for the emergency services which they conveniently videoed  ::). The hyperbolic shite and self promotion made me sick

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

A good Strabane man who knows the value of business to his staff. Not a silver spoon millionaire.

Haven't met him but his daughter is my daughters friend and I've met his wife a few times at dancing festivals over the years and they are the nicest, most down to earth people you'd meet. Perceptions are mad really. He has every right to be pissed off.

general_lee

They've been relocated, I don't see the big deal. It's four months. Not ideal, but tearing down what's left of one the city's most iconic buildings so they can get back to trading ASAP would be a much greater shame.

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on September 07, 2018, 09:19:59 AM

They've been relocated, I don't see the big deal. It's four months. Not ideal, but tearing down what's left of one the city's most iconic buildings so they can get back to trading ASAP would be a much greater shame.

You're on a roll. What about all the Zara staff? Have they been relocated too?

Armamike

His anger is understandable.  Pete Boyle started Argento from nothing (a market stall).  Like many others he would have built his business with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and a lot of initiative.  He's a good guy who gives a lot back.  Why wouldn't he be frustrated if something outside of his control is threatening his business and the livelihood of his staff.
That's just, like your opinion man.