Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Pauly you are far from a Castlewellan man.Wink wink

wobbller

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 24, 2015, 03:22:58 PM
Pauly you are far from a Castlewellan man.Wink wink
In a similar sort of way that you're maybe not from the Point.

downredblack

Gave up posting on this site a year or so ago , lurked I suppose is what they call it ever since  . Just thought I'd throw my tuppence worth into the current debacle .The witch hunt for POR and Ross/DJ , that happened to some extent on this board is nothing compared to the shite that's gone on  here since the shambles in Wexford .

Personal attacks on Managers & County Board members , posters abusing other posters ,  what the feck is going on ? We are all Down supporters , so loosing matches is no stranger to any of us . In our pomp of course we would not of lost games to  Antrim , Longford , Sligo , Tipperary , Roscommon , Wicklow , Wexford  etc but we are not in our pomp and when were we ever ?The 60's and a spell in the 90's . We have serious tickets on ourselves , we are not The Aristocrats , we are an average team at the best of times and it gives me no pleasure to say that .

After the top 3/4 teams in the country we are in the chasing pack and along way down that chasing pack . Div 1 next year is punching way above our current weight and it will be a short stay at the top table .It's time for a rebuild in Down from the ground up but the only way that will happen is if people come together , ripping the shite out of men that are in there doing their best  with the various teams and amongst ourselves on this board   will only divide us and set us back further .

I know it's always raw after a bad Championship exit but  I also  know that by the time McKenna Cup comes around again , the posters on this board will be filled again with the optimism of an other year . Keep the faith .

Aristo 60

Quote from: downredblack on July 24, 2015, 07:25:07 PM
Gave up posting on this site a year or so ago , lurked I suppose is what they call it ever since  . Just thought I'd throw my tuppence worth into the current debacle .The witch hunt for POR and Ross/DJ , that happened to some extent on this board is nothing compared to the shite that's gone on  here since the shambles in Wexford .

Personal attacks on Managers & County Board members , posters abusing other posters ,  what the feck is going on ? We are all Down supporters , so loosing matches is no stranger to any of us . In our pomp of course we would not of lost games to  Antrim , Longford , Sligo , Tipperary , Roscommon , Wicklow , Wexford  etc but we are not in our pomp and when were we ever ?The 60's and a spell in the 90's . We have serious tickets on ourselves , we are not The Aristocrats we are an average team at the best of times and it gives me no pleasure to say that .

After the top 3/4 teams in the country we are in the chasing pack and along way down that chasing pack . Div 1 next year is punching way above our current weight and it will be a short stay at the top table .It's time for a rebuild in Down from the ground up but the only way that will happen is if people come together , ripping the shite out of men that are in there doing their best  with the various teams and amongst ourselves on this board   will only divide us and set us back further .

I know it's always raw after a bad Championship exit but  I also  know that by the time McKenna Cup comes around again , the posters on this board will be filled again with the optimism of an other year . Keep the faith .

+1

SamFever

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 24, 2015, 07:38:45 PM
Quote from: downredblack on July 24, 2015, 07:25:07 PM

Personal attacks on Managers & County Board members , posters abusing other posters ,  what the feck is going on ? We are all Down supporters , so loosing matches is no stranger to any of us . In our pomp of course we would not of lost games to  Antrim , Longford , Sligo , Tipperary , Roscommon , Wicklow , Wexford  etc but we are not in our pomp and when were we ever ?The 60's and a spell in the 90's . We have serious tickets on ourselves , we are not The Aristocrats we are an average team at the best of times and it gives me no pleasure to say that .

+1
You def correct in all that you wish for but the points being made are that 'some old  same old' things will occur next year. Pity though.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ardtole

id say clare winning munster in '92 would have been a bigger upset but id love to see Fermanagh overturn Kerry.

charlieTully

Jesus, this used to be a great site for match reports and results from our club league games, any word of getting back to that.

redzone

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

redzone

Would down supporters on here be on for Pete to take down next year?

rosskarr

Quote from: redzone on July 25, 2015, 09:53:12 PM
Would down supporters on here be on for Pete to take down next year?
Go away and mind your own business.We have a Manager in place for 2016 and hopefully Pete  in Fermanagh does the business v Dublin.

wobbller

Pete McGrath v Dublin. Memories from 1994.

snoopdog

Quote from: wobbller on July 26, 2015, 09:50:08 AM
Pete McGrath v Dublin. Memories from 1994.
At least some of us have those memories anyone born late 80's  early 90's dont have much to look back on following mediocre Down apart from 2010.
Best of luck to Wee Pete on Sunday, He couldnt be facing a togher task but i dont think they will be the cannon fodder everyone else things they will be. sure the Dubs will win but i dont see Longford or Kildare type drubbing.

downup

Just for a change of focus on this board - I was at the Clonduff v Burren match yesterday and must say that even with the horrible weather conditions I thought Burren played some great attaching fast football. I have been hearing how well they were playing but now that I have actually got to see them I think they most certainly will be very hard to beat this year. They seem to have a great mix of players and are physically very strong. Their passing was direct and slick and if they hadn't kicked so many wides they really would have posted a massive score. Clonduff were poor for the most part although they had a good 10 minute spell in the second half.