All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Congrats to Donegal, deserved it after two years of unreal commitment and dedication
Fair play to you. Will be some job keeping that up for the next few years.

What can you say about Mayo? Another chapter for the house of pain, those lads must be devastated. A great effort but just didn't have enough.

downredblack

Well done Donegal , absolute teamwork and a man with a plan, enjoy it you have earned it .
Hard lines to Mayo , an other team would have folded the tent after the second goal but this one didn't and will surely be back . Enjoyable game for the neutral and Spillane trying a touch of Spanish was comedy gold .

Hardy

A good game nearly ruined by clueless refereeing. I was surprised by how much Mayo rattled Donegal. I thought they'd win more comfortably. This is not the Mayo of old and I think the dreams of 60 years can become more realistic hopes over the next few years.

There won't be a grant applied for in Donegal tonight.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Congrats the Tír Chonaill & Inis Eoghain men, some craic in Donegal is right!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardchieftain

Well Done Donegal, thoroughly deserved victory. I do feel for Mayo but i think there is an All Ireland in that team, they never gave up. It would have been very interesting if Andy Moran hadn't picked up that horrible injury and started today.

Donegal weren't firing on all cylinders today but that great start set them up for the game, they were never losing a 7 point lead.
Neil McGee was immense.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

ONeill

Well deserved title. Donegal's poorest performance of the year meant it was a closer game.

Feel for Mayo. That start was the stuff of nightmares.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Delighted for Donegal, Murphy, McGee especially good.
McGuinness press conference just started, journalists tweeting saying he insisted that Declan Bogue (This is Our Year) leave the room before he began. Said he published "untruths".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 23, 2012, 06:25:36 PM
McGuinness press conference just started, journalists tweeting saying he insisted that Declan Bogue (This is Our Year) leave the room before he began. Said he published "untruths".
Doing the old Fergie style control-freakery.

Hardy

That's a bit much, now. How is the press conference his to control? A bit of generosity of spirit in victory goes a long way.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 23, 2012, 06:31:43 PM
Doing the old Fergie style control-freakery.

Gospel according to mcguiness now  ::)

Hard luck to Mayo and a heartily congratulations to Donegal............................ poor game though, over in the first 10 minutes

EC Unique

Fair play to Donegal. No doubt that they have been the best team in 2012. Donegal will be some Craic tomorrow night. Enjoy it.  :)

tyssam5

Quote from: Hardy on September 23, 2012, 06:34:13 PM

That's a bit much, now. How is the press conference his to control? A bit of generosity of spirit in victory goes a long way.

Yeah he didn't manage a chat with RTE after the game either, still great job from him this last few years.

ross4life

Wasn't as good as the semi finals but a enjoyable final all the same. Hard luck to our neighbours & congrats to Donegal on well deserved win as said already Mayo had to climb a mountain after the poor start & to be fair Mayo kept fighting until the end without ever looking like winning, Mayo could have done with Andy Moran's leadership today but maybe even that wouldn't have been enough to defeat this fine Donegal side.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

lawnseed

edge of the seat stuff. after a great start donegal ran up a blind alley and made hard work out of what should have been an easy win. i'll watch it again but i'm fairly sure big aidan should have been red carded after the whistle for a strike on a donegal defender he'd have been sent off anyway for a second yellow had play continued. i fully expect armagh to get donegal in the 1st round of ulster next year...
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once