Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Should the DNA not be really a non issue given that they probably don't have a sample of her DNA and any obtained could be familial.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 28, 2019, 01:10:55 PM
Should the DNA not be really a non issue given that they probably don't have a sample of her DNA and any obtained could be familial.

According to the expert on that podcast they have now great results in complex DNA cases, even when they are presented with a bit of a jumble of DNA in one sample. He said they would only need the data from the original test in order to put it through their computer software.

balladmaker

Watched Netflix series episodes 3 & 4 last night.  Have to say the video of the sniffer dogs, scenting for cadaver and blood in the apartment and around hire car, hit me big time.  Yes dogs are not infallible, but two highly trained dogs detecting their respective scents in the same places means you have to wonder.  Plus the detection of cadaver scent from Kate McCann's clothes, and Madeleines cuddlecat .... very strange.  Doesn't prove anything but begs the question how that could be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on April 03, 2019, 08:35:49 PM
Watched Netflix series episodes 3 & 4 last night.  Have to say the video of the sniffer dogs, scenting for cadaver and blood in the apartment and around hire car, hit me big time.  Yes dogs are not infallible, but two highly trained dogs detecting their respective scents in the same places means you have to wonder.  Plus the detection of cadaver scent from Kate McCann's clothes, and Madeleines cuddlecat .... very strange.  Doesn't prove anything but begs the question how that could be.

If they are happy highly trained dogs then why not convict? They were not charged and the leading British detective (from N.I) believes them, very rare in these type cases, considering they always look at the parents in cases like these
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

balladmaker

I can't vouch for whether the dogs were 'happy' or not  ::), just for the fact that both alerted in the same places.  So the question is why was the scent of human decomposition detected in the apartment, hire car and on the mother's clothes.  There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation?  Or maybe both dogs were wrong.  Either way, dogs are used to assist with the investigation, they cannot be used in court without corroborating evidence.

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on March 28, 2019, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on March 25, 2019, 02:10:34 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 23, 2019, 10:52:39 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 23, 2019, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 23, 2019, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 23, 2019, 08:36:27 PM
That podcast is excellent! Much better layout, flow and direction than the Netflix programme.

What's it called ?

It's just called Maddie

Have you heard today's episode "DNA"
Next weeks episode sounds very good.

The DNA one is very good. Leaves you wondering what could still be revealed. The new testing could also exonerated the McCanns.  With it being an open investigation they may already have reviewed the findings with the new technology.
Yes indeed, Maddie's father and mother are not exonerated from the claims of the Portuguese detective  ::)
The detective who claims that Maddie died in the flat and Maddie's parents defied a  time space conundrum with an instantly acquired deftness that would have made Houdini envious to the bone. They manage to pull off a most spectacular cover up inside a magically created universe with the help of their nonplussed fellow travellers. Then they all became invisible in one part of the universe in order  do the wicked deed, meanwhile physically visible in another part of the universe, merrily knocking back wine bottle after wine bottle.  And  in the aftermath, they manage to get the whole British establishment in on the conspiracy to put the finishing touches onto what has to be the cover up to crown them all.
Yes sure, I could really believe that one, they really do need to exonerated from that suspicion ;D

macdanger2

Quote from: balladmaker on April 03, 2019, 11:30:43 PM
I can't vouch for whether the dogs were 'happy' or not  ::), just for the fact that both alerted in the same places.  So the question is why was the scent of human decomposition detected in the apartment, hire car and on the mother's clothes.  There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation?  Or maybe both dogs were wrong.  Either way, dogs are used to assist with the investigation, they cannot be used in court without corroborating evidence.

That seems like a very compelling piece of evidence initially but I think they only rented the car 20+ days after she went missing (open to correction on that) which makes it seem like a false positive from the dogs imo

NetNitrate

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 03, 2019, 11:35:39 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on April 03, 2019, 11:30:43 PM

That seems like a very compelling piece of evidence initially but I think they only rented the car 20+ days after she went missing (open to correction on that) which makes it seem like a false positive from the dogs imo

That's true though the elements in the Portuguese police that made them official suspects were working on the theory a body was concealed and later transported. When this all happened, practically everyone, media and police were treating this as an abduction so there was no suspicion on family, though some social workers had early suspicions. The dogs did also find blood samples ruled inconclusive by the now closed down and somewhat discredited English lab. More advanced testing is now available which could rule family out for once and for all, but equally prove the original police detective correct.

nrico2006

I never really was aware of the dog evidence until I watched the show and for me it was hard to see anything other than the parents being guilty.  From watching the show, the following would make me think that the parents are innocent:
- There is no way that they could get all their friends to buy into their cover up if they killed her.  Imagine she had died, they bring their friends together, tell them what happened and surely all 8 or 9 of them would not agree to go along with it.  If they did, surely by now they would have seriously contradicted the 'narrative'.
- Other children going missing and the attempted abductions in the same area would lead you to think that it was perfectly plausible that she was snatched.
- If she did die in the apartment, where would they have kept her body?  That disgrace of a policeman reckons they kept her in a fridge, but they are in a foreign country and wouldn't have any access to a location to store the body, especially given that this would have allegedly happened in a short window.
- If they did manage to somehow store the body and move it 25 days later, surely at this stage there was an army of paparazzi following their every move, not to mention any police surveillance.
- The behaviour of the police in the case of the incestual siblings and dead child would show that not only are they inept but they are extremely corrupt and that any of their accusations against the McCann's have very low credibility.

Then again there are a few things that are pretty incriminating against them:
- did they every directly answer any questions over whether they drugged their children?  If they deny this, how do they explain the young children sleeping through what I imagine would have been hysteria in the 6 hours after Maddie was snatched?
- The dogs.  I wonder if they are tested to verify how accurate they are.  But their findings are pretty hard to get your head around.  Then again, they have a 40 year range therefore there are other possibilities here as to what they picked up. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NetNitrate

I think it has become part of the narrative that Amaral is disgraced because of behavior of his police in the case of the Cipriano child and the British press began to label him the disgraced... but it is clear in that case if one digs deep that he helped convict the family of a poor child that was being sexually  abused and likely murdered even tho a body never found - even if Uncle retracted his confession. For the most part those police officers were later exonerated but made a lot of the same mistakes they made in McCann case by not protecting the crime scene.

rodney trotter

They seem to making a breakthrough on this case. A 43 year old German currently in prison, being questioned.

GetOverTheBar

Very bizarre developments, this German is in prison - presumably his cellmate has decided to turn him in for a reward? Would that be along the line of thought?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2020, 10:27:09 AM
Very bizarre developments, this German is in prison - presumably his cellmate has decided to turn him in for a reward? Would that be along the line of thought?

Poor girl would have been 17 this year.

Milltown Row2

This may piss off some people!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 04, 2020, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 04, 2020, 10:47:58 AM
This may piss off some people!
Not the Daily Express tho' - a German suspected of murdering' Maddie? Christmas will have come early for them!

A guy on the news saying that the amount of information that the German police have released today, they must be certain this is the person wanted as a defense lawyer would have a feld day with whats been openly reported. The guy inquestion was 30 yrs old at the time. A convicted sex offender (with first convictions going back as far as 1994/5 in Germany when he was 17/18). 
Having moved to Portugal after his first conviction he was know in Portugal as a small time drug dealer and also known for breaking into hotels and holiday apprtments.