S.P.O.T.Y 2011 - Anyone give a **** this year ?

Started by Hoof Hearted, December 15, 2010, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

This is the big debate @ the minute. sports personality of the year on Sunday night and these are the 2 favourites. Who's your pick ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Minder

G Mac, he didn't need a horse.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

superblues

A P he did not need a caddie

leaveherinsir

As a golfer i would have to say McDowell. (Cant stand this G Mac stuff, sorry!). Although McCoy is undoubtedly an amazing sportsman, for me he is just a bit too nondescript to be Sports Personality Of The Year. On the other hand dont actually know if McDowell should win it seeing as he is American    ;)

Hoof Hearted

i knew i would get sensible answers on here  :D
Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 15, 2010, 11:29:56 PM
As a golfer i would have to say McDowell. (Cant stand this G Mac stuff, sorry!). Although McCoy is undoubtedly an amazing sportsman, for me he is just a bit too nondescript to be Sports Personality Of The Year. On the other hand dont actually know if McDowell should win it seeing as he is American    ;)

good point. Give it to A.P and GRAHAM can have the overseas one
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

wavesofTORRES

TacadoirArdMhacha

AP.

He is arguably the greatest jockey we've ever seen.

McDowell isn't even the best golfer in Britain this year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 15, 2010, 11:33:20 PM
AP.

Who is? Westwood? Golfers are judged on their majors.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

leaveherinsir

Westwood has a case, first man in years to be World No 1 other than the Tiger boy. Have always thought the "Personality" part of this award is not rewarded. You could argue Poulter has been the best Personality in golf this year, love him or loathe him he is always newsworthy.
No harm to Ryan Giggs, for example, but he doesnt really have that great sportsman aura, probably "Sir Alex" doesnt allow them a personality!
Freddie Flintoff was a good winner a few years back, you could admire the man, brilliant cricketer and turns up at 10 Downing St half cut for the oul meet the Prime Minister m'larky
;)

orangeman

Mc Coy.

I read an article on what he eats every day in order to keep his weigh down.

A bird would eat more.

Hardy

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 15, 2010, 11:29:56 PM
WTF?

Puckoon

He's definitely superscript.

Tyrones own

AP who?....Think McDowell should get it hands down...he's had a phenomenal year and came out of nowhere to do it as well, and a hell of lot more to come I'd say  :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

nrico2006

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 15, 2010, 11:33:20 PM
AP.

How many titles has Westwood won this year in comparison to McDowell?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'