Why are non-Tyrone people obsessed about Tyrone?

Started by square_ball, August 13, 2019, 06:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 10:26:48 PM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2015/05/28/kevin-cassidy-we-targeted-tyrones-peter-harte-during-ulster-sfc-in-2011/

Kevin Cassidy article saying Michael Carroll never made any allegations about what happened.

Ulster GAA's findings:

On balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence, it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments towards the Donegal player during the game.

Both county committees and the investigation committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father.

Tyrone GAA has expressed their best wishes to the Donegal player in question. The Donegal GAA officials welcomed and thanked Tyrone GAA for their comments and have also expressed the same sentiments to all the Tyrone players. This matter is now concluded....

The Committee agreed with both County Committees that the findings will remain confidential. We would also highlight that recent media reports regarding the investigation do not accurately reflect the findings of the Committee

-----------------------------------------------------------

But don't let that get dublin7 in the way of his misinformed nonsense.
So sledging in minor football is acceptable as long as dead dads aren't mentioned, what a county.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on August 15, 2019, 11:20:46 PM
So sledging in minor football is acceptable as long as dead dads aren't mentioned, what a county.

So many straw men, get a fecking grip would ya!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Angelo

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2015/05/28/kevin-cassidy-we-targeted-tyrones-peter-harte-during-ulster-sfc-in-2011/

Kevin Cassidy article saying Michael Carroll never made any allegations about what happened.

Ulster GAA's findings:

On balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence, it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments towards the Donegal player during the game.

Both county committees and the investigation committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father.

Tyrone GAA has expressed their best wishes to the Donegal player in question. The Donegal GAA officials welcomed and thanked Tyrone GAA for their comments and have also expressed the same sentiments to all the Tyrone players. This matter is now concluded....

The Committee agreed with both County Committees that the findings will remain confidential. We would also highlight that recent media reports regarding the investigation do not accurately reflect the findings of the Committee

Is that an attempt at you withdrawing your earlier statement?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2019, 11:10:25 PM
all the referees who with dedicated purpose  are out to thwart Tyrone's hopes at every opportunity.

Just the one as far as I'm concerned.

Rossfan

Tyronies letting themselves down badly this week.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2019, 11:45:41 PM
Tyronies letting themselves down badly this week.

Boo Hoo!... Nothing sad about eejits like yourself, dublin7, and various other numpties obsessing over ourselves, no, nothing sad about that at all, at all.  ;D

Rossfan

Not obsessing at all.
Most posts on GAA board this week are from Tyronies.
I'm astounded by the amount of drivel  in those posts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2019, 11:52:57 PM
Not obsessing at all.
Most posts on GAA board this week are from Tyronies.
I'm astounded by the amount of drivel  in those posts.

No, of course you aren't, of course.

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 11:25:30 PM

Ulster GAA's findings:

If the Donegal manager feels they got sledged but the young lads father wasn't mentioned fair enough I was wrong. I still don't see how Tyrone can somehow claim the moral high ground. Sledging in minor game and so bad in an U21 game Tipp manager refuses to shake hands afterwards. Watched alot of U20 games this year and didn't see any of that from the players.

I stand by my point Tyrone have a reputation for cynicism and blaming it on Pat Spillane and his puke football comment is head in the sad stuff. Do you really think people would have believed stories about doctored bottles if it was Mayo, Kilkenny or really any other county??

BennyHarp

Quote from: dublin7 on August 16, 2019, 09:08:46 AM

Ulster GAA's findings:

If the Donegal manager feels they got sledged but the young lads father wasn't mentioned fair enough I was wrong. I still don't see how Tyrone can somehow claim the moral high ground. Sledging in minor game and so bad in an U21 game Tipp manager refuses to shake hands afterwards. Watched alot of U20 games this year and didn't see any of that from the players.

I stand by my point Tyrone have a reputation for cynicism and blaming it on Pat Spillane and his puke football comment is head in the sad stuff. Do you really think people would have believed stories about doctored bottles if it was Mayo, Kilkenny or really any other county??

People who are a bit thick and believe that only Tyrone minors sledge or that only Tyrone get involved in cynical play will of course believe that Tyrone doctored bottles of water. But you'd like of think most people aren't that thick.
That was never a square ball!!

Aristo 60

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 14, 2019, 01:57:37 PM
Saw a video there of mugsy behaving with great dignity at a club match. Hits an opposing player a shoulder right in the chest from the sideline as he's running up the wing and then hits the opposing manager two haymakers on the side of the jaw. Classy stuff

At the risk of bringing this one up again - Is the player on the receiving end Down's Connaire Harrison?

It certainly looks a lot like him... Mulligan still trying to do his bit for the county then!

clarshack

Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 16, 2019, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 14, 2019, 01:57:37 PM
Saw a video there of mugsy behaving with great dignity at a club match. Hits an opposing player a shoulder right in the chest from the sideline as he's running up the wing and then hits the opposing manager two haymakers on the side of the jaw. Classy stuff
At the risk of bringing this one up again - Is the player on the receiving end Down's Connaire Harrison?

It certainly looks a lot like him... Mulligan still trying to do his bit for the county then!

Bit rich coming from a Down man. One of the worst scenes of GAA violence I've seen yet was the running battle between Ballyholland and Downpatrick last year.

Aristo 60

I agree entirely - but your whataboutery has nil relation to the question (ffs).

If an informed person could confirm it was Harrison then maybe we could conclude that Mulligan wanted to knock the wind out of possibly one of the opposition's better players on the day and if we can say that, then maybe we could all agree that manys a time we'd all have liked to knock the stuffing out of the opposition's best player.

So that's my approach here. Free the Cookstown 1.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on August 16, 2019, 09:08:46 AM

Ulster GAA's findings:

You've already framed an argument on factually incorrect statements. I'm still waiting for you to retract your earlier remarks which were completely false. In the meantime you have gone off on another unsubstantiated rant to feed your prejudices. If I called you a stupid fool on a football pitch, it wouldn't be sledging, there would be a large degree of truth to it.

Tipperary boo hooed about cynicism in that game. Their methods to try and stop McShane in they match should have been awarded a distinction in dark arts.

Too many people on here want to have it both ways, I'd just rather ever teams was treated the same.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 16, 2019, 11:50:21 AM
I agree entirely - but your whataboutery has nil relation to the question (ffs).

If an informed person could confirm it was Harrison then maybe we could conclude that Mulligan wanted to knock the wind out of possibly one of the opposition's better players on the day and if we can say that, then maybe we could all agree that manys a time we'd all have liked to knock the stuffing out of the opposition's best player.

So that's my approach here. Free the Cookstown 1.
Harrison has joked with Mulligan on Twitter about it,  so I'm kinda lost