Has he just poisoned himself?

Started by pullhard, September 22, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Hi good people, i know a friend who's had a filling on his back tooth fall out and due to an appointment tomorrow, cant make the dentist, Panic has taken over and my friend stuck it back in with d.i.y adhesive (gripfill) !! If he wakes up in the morning  ??? do you think he could of poisoned himself? Oh dear...

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Olly

Thinking of the lad's family at this time. Go raibh na fEachraigh Dia.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Gaffer

I had a large filling fell out last week. Causing me no grief.

I have a routine appointment in a fortnight.

Does anyone know whether it can wait until then or should I get it attended  to immediately?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gerrykeegan

I had a filling fall out. 20 years later a dentist said you really should have that fixed.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaffer on September 22, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

Does anyone know whether it can wait until then or should I get it attended  to immediately?
Most dentists have emergency appointments or tell them to call you if there is a cancellation. If you are in serious difficulty the hospital dentistry unit will look at it but will just pack the tooth til you get a proper appointment.

muppet

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 22, 2014, 09:09:19 PM
I had a filling fall out. 20 years later a dentist said you really should have that fixed.

I got a temporary filling in 1987.

It is still with me.
MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on September 22, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

Most dentists have emergency appointments or tell them to call you if there is a cancellation. If you are in serious difficulty the hospital dentistry unit will look at it but will just pack the tooth til you get a proper appointment.

Ok   I am in no difficulty but I need to know if I should get it sorted now or wait for my regular appointment in a fortnight. Am I doing any harm running about with no filling?

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Nigel White

Who gives a toss about you lot and your fillings.  I'm more interested to know if there are any updates on the health of the diy superglue dentist

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on September 22, 2014, 07:01:55 PM
http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/HSDS%20pdfs/Gripfill%20HSDS.pdf

He might have.

But I would send 'him' to a psychiatrist first.

The psychiatrist will tell him to catch a grip of himself no doubt.

Eamonnca1

You could end up with an exposed nerve. I've had that before and I can assure you there's no pain you can imagine that compares to it.

You only get one body to look after unless you believe in reincarnation. Don't neglect it, don't put it off, don't cut corners, and spend whatever time and money it takes to get you tightened up. Go to the dentist immediately and get it straightened out. And keep going back on a regular basis for routine cleaning.

And brush your teeth after every meal, especially if a sugary drink or dessert was involved. And floss.

pullhard

Quote from: Nigel White on September 22, 2014, 10:34:25 PM
Who gives a toss about you lot and your fillings.  I'm more interested to know if there are any updates on the health of the diy superglue dentist

He made through the night and had some vivid dreams apparently... He is now faced with the growing prospect of a having a rock hard lump of filler stuck in his mouth  >:(

dentist booked for tomorrow!

Zip Code

Hardy

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as the dentist goes, "what's this?"

HiMucker

I am sure someone could fill you in Hardy?