Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 08, 2020, 01:47:44 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 08, 2020, 01:05:16 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 08, 2020, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 07, 2020, 10:33:31 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 07, 2020, 10:28:30 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 07, 2020, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 07, 2020, 10:20:54 PM
The brother Lorcan I believe.

He was an S&C coach for some team in the past I believe cant mind who - must be into the coaching/managing too.

He was S&C coach with Slaughtneil in 2019 and I think he has been with Cavan underage teams as well in the last.

He was also S & C for TyroneU21s in 2015 when they won the All Ireland !!!

You're right so he was. Forgot about that and the Fermanagh job. Maybe he wasn't at Cavan at all. Hard to keep up sometimes with who has been where.
Was in Cavan with McGleenan. However, I don't think it matters where he has been. Edendork will struggle this year big time with Morgan, Darren and Conn with Tyrone. Edendork have a good 15 (Including the 3 county lads) but after that they are very very poor. Barely anything on the bench in the championship last year against Carrickmore and it cost them the game.
Edendork the standout team in Intermediate this year. Will go in as favourites for both league and championship. With the exception of Eglish, they will still expect to win their starred games against anyone else in Division 2.
Their number 10 in the championship (i think it was conn kilpatricks younger brother) got wrecked and could barely walk never mind run and they still didn't make a sub. D2 can be a growling place when you start to lose games, which they will without Darren and Conn. Not to mention, they have also lost Paul Donaghy to dungannon as well. So they are down 4 key players for for a third of the season. FFS they will be pulling the Mcguckins back to play..

Surely that Donaghy transfer couldn't have went down well in the club? Any easties have knowledge?

Surely that transfer hasn't actually happened yet! (If it happens at all)

It's done.

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2020, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on January 08, 2020, 02:00:05 PM

He was an S&C coach for some team in the past I believe cant mind who - must be into the coaching/managing too.

He was S&C coach with Slaughtneil in 2019 and I think he has been with Cavan underage teams as well in the last.

You're right so he was. Forgot about that and the Fermanagh job. Maybe he wasn't at Cavan at all. Hard to keep up sometimes with who has been where.
Was in Cavan with McGleenan. However, I don't think it matters where he has been. Edendork will struggle this year big time with Morgan, Darren and Conn with Tyrone. Edendork have a good 15 (Including the 3 county lads) but after that they are very very poor. Barely anything on the bench in the championship last year against Carrickmore and it cost them the game.
Edendork the standout team in Intermediate this year. Will go in as favourites for both league and championship. With the exception of Eglish, they will still expect to win their starred games against anyone else in Division 2.
Their number 10 in the championship (i think it was conn kilpatricks younger brother) got wrecked and could barely walk never mind run and they still didn't make a sub. D2 can be a growling place when you start to lose games, which they will without Darren and Conn. Not to mention, they have also lost Paul Donaghy to dungannon as well. So they are down 4 key players for for a third of the season. FFS they will be pulling the Mcguckins back to play..

Surely that Donaghy transfer couldn't have went down well in the club? Any easties have knowledge?

It's done.

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GlenMan on January 08, 2020, 02:45:50 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2020, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on January 08, 2020, 02:00:05 PM

It's done.

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.
He's training with Dungannon anyway I hear. Attended team meetings in December and has been to S+C sessions

GetOverTheBar

All I can tell you is what the lad himself is telling the rest of us. It's done, he's with Dungannon. Edendork did not contest the transfer. I'd imagine if you really want to know go to the top pitch at Dungannon tomorrow night....I'll have a private wager with you he's there.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2020, 02:50:32 PM
All I can tell you is what the lad himself is telling the rest of us. It's done, he's with Dungannon. Edendork did not contest the transfer. I'd imagine if you really want to know go to the top pitch at Dungannon tomorrow night....I'll have a private wager with you he's there.

Why is he transferring from Edendork to Dungannon?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 08, 2020, 03:10:04 PM

Tried a few years ago and left it too late and went back to Edendork. (Dungannon was listed his club on the county panel on facebook) But i think there was a bust up after a league game this year and he apparently quit and came back for the championship without training.. Seems hard managed

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 08, 2020, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 08, 2020, 03:10:04 PM

Tried a few years ago and left it too late and went back to Edendork. (Dungannon was listed his club on the county panel on facebook) But i think there was a bust up after a league game this year and he apparently quit and came back for the championship without training.. Seems hard managed

Edendork had a dust up among themselves after coalisland game. He was hit by a team mate and club did nothing about it. Decided to jump ship to the neighbours.

The_Slug

Dungannon really missed a good forward in the championship game against Omagh, main reason they lost. Paul Donaghy will make a massive difference to that club, dungannon already on the rise but he will give them an even bigger boost. Him and Paddy Quinn playing inside will be a FF line with a serious aerial threat.

Micky_mouse

Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 03:49:27 PM
Dungannon really missed a good forward in the championship game against Omagh, main reason they lost. Paul Donaghy will make a massive difference to that club, dungannon already on the rise but he will give them an even bigger boost. Him and Paddy Quinn playing inside will be a FF line with a serious aerial threat.
Going to have to strongly disagree with this statement as they are still not going to get near contesting for a senior championship and Paul donaghey is extremely over rated if you watched him in club championship this year he was selfish and useless.

trailer

Experience tells me nothing good will come of this transfer.

The_Slug

Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2020, 04:34:28 PM

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence

valley19

Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence

DK

trailer

Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM

I'm not gonna name names but I've seen a few in my time and the player leaving usually the club wants rid, or the guy joining isn't really as good or committed as the club thought.
Only in the circumstance someone is moving as they are genuinely leaving for work or travel reasons in that instance they tend to work out a little less shit.

Balinderry in Tyrone

Was at the Tyrone game tonight, wasn't impressed with Tyrone's defence, they made it very easy for Armagh's forwards and to concede 3 goals was not impressive. One to watch who personally I thought should have got called up was Netownstewart/Naomh Owen Full back, Piaras McSorley, impressed throughout the year in Intermediate marking top quality forwards, one to bring in within years to come or even sooner

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Balinderry in Tyrone on January 08, 2020, 11:07:03 PM
Was at the Tyrone game tonight, wasn't impressed with Tyrone's defence, they made it very easy for Armagh's forwards and to concede 3 goals was not impressive. One to watch who personally I thought should have got called up was Netownstewart/Naomh Owen Full back, Piaras McSorley, impressed throughout the year in Intermediate marking top quality forwards, one to bring in within years to come or even sooner
I'd like to welcome Piaras McSorely's father to the discussion board.