Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

His comment about Gough and the propaganda was bang out of order. He should be made apologise for it.

Farrandeelin

Hear him saying to Spillane in the pre-game coverage 'stop touching me'. Pathetic from a grown man. Analysis was shambolic at ht.

I thought him to be an irritant more than anything else previously,  but he was disgraceful yesterday. RTE have to bite the bullet and shuffle him off.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Also when he doesn't like what Spillane says he just puts his hand on his arm to try and shut him up so is one to talk about touching lol.

BennyCake

It's his butting in, talking over people and making it all about him, that annoys me. That was the worst I seen him yesterday. Like a child trying to gain attention at another child's birthday party.

I find the other pundits race through their analysis, to say what they want to say quickly before the spoilt brat butts in and disrupts their flow.

If I had Sky, I'd be watching it.

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2019, 11:12:48 AM
Hear him saying to Spillane in the pre-game coverage 'stop touching me'. Pathetic from a grown man. Analysis was shambolic at ht.

I thought him to be an irritant more than anything else previously,  but he was disgraceful yesterday. RTE have to bite the bullet and shuffle him off.

Agree completely. McBennett needs to shake up the TV coverage and the single biggest step forward they can make is removing Brolly. He just uses it as a self promotion tool and a forum to settle scores with people he deems to be wrong.

The PRO

I've heard a great rumour (don't know how true it is) that when Brolly rang Gough to "apologise" this week, that when Gough answered the phone and Brolly introduced himself, Gough replied with "Sorry, who are you?"...

Rossfan

Maybe time to delete this thread and nobody comment on him from now on!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: The PRO on September 06, 2019, 05:26:45 PM
I've heard a great rumour (don't know how true it is) that when Brolly rang Gough to "apologise" this week, that when Gough answered the phone and Brolly introduced himself, Gough replied with "Sorry, who are you?"...

I hope that's true

Owen Brannigan

Still no word from him about Rory Gallagher being appointed as Derry manager after all he has had to say about Fermanagh.

RedHand88

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 07, 2019, 09:24:43 PM
Still no word from him about Rory Gallagher being appointed as Derry manager after all he has had to say about Fermanagh.

That's a good point actually. Youd think he'd be all over it.

GetOverTheBar

He must have been on the appointment panel as per rumour.

screenexile

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2019, 12:57:52 PM

The appointments panel hardly mattered though when there was only one candidate there for the job??

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on September 09, 2019, 04:02:20 PM

The appointments panel hardly mattered though when there was only one candidate there for the job??

One candidate in the end....but sure was there not 4 or 5 names in for it from day one? It's just they obviously didn't stand a chance when allegedly one of the men wanted it was sounded out about coming into a Gallagher management team.

screenexile

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2019, 04:07:27 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 09, 2019, 04:02:20 PM

One candidate in the end....but sure was there not 4 or 5 names in for it from day one? It's just they obviously didn't stand a chance when allegedly one of the men wanted it was sounded out about coming into a Gallagher management team.

Yeah but I don't think the appointment panel actually go to meet any of the other candidates they all pulled out before the interview stage.