Leitrim V Donegal

Started by J70, June 24, 2007, 06:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aodhruadh

Christ on a bike... McIvor needs to send McFadden on an Anger Management course

Whats the deal with his suspension anyway - I haven't heard a thing ?

And if the squad havent been meeting up, you'd wonder about the focus, about whether theyve analysed what went wrong in the Tyrone game, and god forbid, whether any of them have been back on the lager again.

If we can scrape past Leitrim ,get a decent draw then maybe some focus will return but right now its not looking great.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Seemingly Hegarty took a knock at the weekend and the knees swollen up!!!

Our pre-match build-up is starting to resemble that of Tyrone!!
Tbc....

J70

According to the BBC, you can now add Devenney to the list of doubtful starters! All of the starting forwards, apart from Rory Kavanagh, are now doubtful or definitely out, along with Dunnion.

These things are always hyped up a wee bit, but its still not looking too good. I'm racking my brains to come up with a forward six if all these lads don't make it - this is the best I can come up with:

Full forwards: Michael Doherty, Kevin McMenamin, Rory Kavanagh
Half-forwards: Stephen McDermott, Adrian Sweeney, Ryan Bradley

45GoneShort

Don't know what to make of all these stories coming out of Donegal regarding injuries and players discontent regarding lack of rest before Leitrim game - personally i smell some bullshit.  As for ourselves we are injury free same team more than likely will line out with Kennedy pushing Prior hard for his place - but can't see Prior being dropped with daddy on the line.  It'll be a close game like the Galway game but yet again with Donegal like Galway having more class to call on from the sideline.

J70

I certainly hope there has been be a bit of exaggeration. What we do know is that Colm McFadden and Ciaran Bonner, normally two definite starters, are out for sure, Barry Dunnion had a hernia op last week, Roper missed Aodh Rua's weekend game, and Christy Toye has barely been fit to raise a gallop in club games when introduced as a sub over the past two weekends. I'd be more hopeful that the Devenney and Hegarty knocks are not too serious.

BigJohnBrowne

45GoneShort agree with you on this one, Donegal trying to pull the wool over our eyes (and they have enough of it on the hills  :) !)

Surprised at them for making a fuss over a few changes, I predict a few on our own side after the last game.  Don't forget while Donegal claim injuries our own manager has not been well and was in hosiptal for a few days after the Galway game.  Can't make matters easy  , anyway we'll know more later tonight as the team will be announced via the LeitrimGAA website at 9pm. 

J70

"Making a fuss over a few changes"!!!

We're not Kerry for christ's sake! We're going to be missing potentially five of our regular starting forward six, as well as Barry Dunnion, a highly important player. Some are easier replaced than others, but we have no stand-ins of the calibre of Dunnion, Devenney and McFadden. Even Bonner, Toye and Hegarty will be replaced by arguably lesser players, although the latter two haven't been playing to their highest standards of late.

AhFeckRef

Yeah BigJohnBrowne. Think there could be a few changes on the Leitrim side too. Interesting that the team selection is delayed till this eve.

BigJohnBrowne

Reported to be a training session tonight so that's probably why.  From past experience DD is not the quickest to release teams much to the detriment of the players as the team news tends to be 'last minute news' rather than garnering a few days of comment over his selection etc.  9pm awaits..............

45GoneShort

1 Noel Gill
2 Dermot Reynolds
3 Michael McGuinness
4 Barry McWeeney
5 Ciaran Kennedy
6 John McKeon
7 Shane Foley
8 Gary McCloskey
9 Michael Duignan
10 Colin Regan
11 Michael Foley
12 Declan Maxwell
13 Donal Brennan
14 Fintan McBrien
15 Ciaran Duignan

Great to see Kennedy getting a chance after nearly 3 years of trying - finally Dessie and co. have seen the light in regard to Prior.  Would of liked to see mcbrien being used as an impact sub but he was the only sub to make an impact against galway.

BigJohnBrowne

Delighted to see a few changes, thought there might be one or two coming.  I hope starting F Mc B won't go against us as he is usually a very effective impact sub.  Lots of rumours from Donegal along with their 'poorr injured us' syndrome, still expect them to have a 'this is a nusiance game, we're going further..' attitude.

Weather conditions not great for tomorrow.

orangeman

Donegal will emerge as real All Ireland contenders !

pairc sean

Very disappointed that Glancy isn't included - I think outside of Maxwell he's still the best forward in the county. Granted he struggled against Galway, but I think he could have caused the Donegal defence a few problems if he was included.

Apart from the, can't really argue with the team. Kennedy deserves his start ahead of Prior, but it is still an area of the defence that worries me

magpie seanie

QuoteKennedy deserves his start ahead of Prior, but it is still an area of the defence that worries me

Yeah, your half back line was brutal against Galway.

J70

Donegal side:

Paul Durcan                                        Na Ceithre Máistrí     
Neil Mc Gee                                       Gaoth Dobhair           
Paddy Campbell                                 Naomh Conall
Karl Lacey                                          Na Ceithre Máistrí
Frank Mc Glynn                                  Gleann Fhinne
Barry Monaghan                                 Na Ceithre Máistrí     
Paddy Mc Conigley                            Gaeil Fhanáda
Neil Gallagher                                     Gleann tSúilí
Kevin Cassidy                                    Gaoth Dobhair           
Micheal Murphy                                 Gleann tSúilí
Michael Hegarty                                 Cill  Chartha
Rory Kavanagh                                   Naomh Adhamhnáin 
Kevin Mc Menamin                            An Tearmain
Ryan Bradley                                      Buncrannaigh
Brendan Devenney                             Naomh Adhamhnáin

Championship debut for young Michael Murphy. First start for McMenamin. (I'm not sure if Ryan Bradley or Frank McGlynn have started championship games before either).

Not our strongest lineup by a long stretch. Let's hope the boys are up for it - this one has me very nervous.