'GAA Athletes for a No Vote'

Started by Jinxy, April 21, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

harte went into another clubs football gound without permission to shoot the anti abortion video! arrogance of the highest order but not surprising as we in tyrone have been subjected to it for too long. time for either the tyrone county board or gaa hierarchy to take this chancer down a peg or two.

Rossfan

So the GAA is failing and unhealthy according to the expert!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

I know it's well after 11 weeks but is there any possibility of doing an abortion  of syphilis.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2018, 11:22:11 PM
Posted without comment. From Cootehill Celtic's (Cavan) Facebook Page, dated 9th April...

QuoteA video potraying the views of Tyrone GAA Manager Mickey Harte was recently shot at our pitch WITHOUT Club knowledge or consent. Our Club is non-political and non-sectarian - as such we would never tell citizens how to vote - that is a matter for individuals to decide at the ballot-box, none of a GAA Club's business. We have requested that the video, falsely associating our Club with Mr. Harte's views, be taken down forthwith.
PS - Tyrone Co.Board has expressed regret at any annoyance caused to CC Club/members by Mr.Harte's unauthorised use of our premises - but also regrets it is unable to take down the video.

https://www.facebook.com/cootehill.celtic/posts/2124563204443175

That's fairly black and white for me.
If right is right, a suspension will follow.
Gives Croke Park some leverage anyway.
If Harte was suspended as a matter of interest, how would Tyrone fans react?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

red hander

He should keep his religion out of the sport full stop.

southtyronegael

jinksy, most tyrone people would be delighted to see the back of harte but he does have a hardcore/cult following who could start a waco type seige up in garvaghy.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2018, 11:53:42 PM
I know it's well after 11 weeks but is there any possibility of doing an abortion  of syphilis.

Plumbing new depths I see. Wow.

Jinxy

Quote from: longballin on April 24, 2018, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 23, 2018, 11:56:49 PM
Posted without comment. From Cootehill Celtic's (Cavan) Facebook Page, dated 9th April...

QuoteA video potraying the views of Tyrone GAA Manager Mickey Harte was recently shot at our pitch WITHOUT Club knowledge or consent. Our Club is non-political and non-sectarian - as such we would never tell citizens how to vote - that is a matter for individuals to decide at the ballot-box, none of a GAA Club's business. We have requested that the video, falsely associating our Club with Mr. Harte's views, be taken down forthwith.
PS - Tyrone Co.Board has expressed regret at any annoyance caused to CC Club/members by Mr.Harte's unauthorised use of our premises - but also regrets it is unable to take down the video.

would be very divided opinion. Some think he can do no wrong, others have had enough of him

Wonder what the county board think.
To be honest, I don't think Croke Park will go after him on this as it will stir up a hornets nest.
They should though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 24, 2018, 12:17:23 AM

would be very divided opinion. Some think he can do no wrong, others have had enough of him

To be honest, I don't think Croke Park will go after him on this as it will stir up a hornets nest.
They should though.

They'd have to reciprocate the action with those groups who used the GAA as a vechile to further the repeal movement. I don't think they'll want to wade into this mess and I'd say a strongly worded cease and desist sort of letter is what they'll go with and I'd say that's also the correct line of action.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 24, 2018, 12:17:23 AM

They should though.

What about the women who used gaa grounds to promote the no vote? Should the GAA "go after them too"?

For all the talk of this being about the principle of it there's very little talk of any other of the GAA athletes involved in this bar Harte. Sheridan has been mentioned once but Gallagher and the rest have been mentioned in the midst of hardly any posts. Now I'm not aiming this at you jinxy but some people are barely concealing their dislike of Harte behind the thin veil of concern for the GAA's non political stance.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lenny

Totally agree here and I said it a few days ago. Harte must get a suspension for this. Most tyrone supporters I know would be delighted.

seafoid

I doubt Mickey would be suspended. It wouldn't be GAA style. More likely that someone would take him aside and have a word.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

southtyronegael

Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2018, 08:20:14 AM
I doubt Mickey would be suspended. It wouldn't be GAA style. More likely that someone would take him aside and have a word.
I'd love to see who gonna be brave enough to do that.lol

trailer

Has Harte been interviewed on RTE or RTE Radio regarding his views? Is he still boycotting them completely?

redhandefender

Quote from: lenny on April 24, 2018, 07:30:01 AM

Totally agree here and I said it a few days ago. Harte must get a suspension for this. Most tyrone supporters I know would be delighted.

Most tyrone supporters you know would think harte should be suspended? Wise up you clown. It makes me cringe what he done and I am against his views but you talking out of the preverbial