2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 23, 2018, 03:31:41 PM
Cork continue with their policy of not naming a squad of 26

Anthony Casey in goal is the lad who had the nightmare in the U21 final in 2016

I wouldnt be too surprised if Cavan pull off a bit of a shock here.

Quote1. Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)

2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarr's)
3. Jamie O'Sullivan (Bishopstown)
4. Micheal McSweeney (Newcestown)

5. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)
6. Brian O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
7. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr's — captain)
9. Cillian O'Hanlon (Kilshannig)

10. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
11. Sean White (Clonakilty)
12. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)

13. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
14. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough)
15. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)

Subs:

16. Ryan Price (O'Donovan Rossa)
17. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
18. Matthew Taylor (Mallow)
19. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
20. Kevin O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
21. Daniel O'Callaghan (Clyda Rovers)
22. Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig)
23. John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
24. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarr's)

Wouldn't be a big surprise if Cavan win, either way i'm expecting Cavan to gain promotion back to Div one now. What I can't get over is the amount of poor mouthing the Cavan supporters were doing before the league started. They won 4 in a row Ulster U21 titles 2011 to 2014 those players are at the right age to make Cavan established Div one team in the years ahead if not they will be underachieving.

Aristo 60

I think Cork will win by 2 and Down by 6 which puts Down top this Sunday evening. Yes sir.

twohands!!!

I did say "Bit of a shock"

I think Cork look limited enough in terms of scoring players - their half-forward line is made up of a lad who looks a midfielder or nothing - Deane, and White who is also more suited to either midfield or centre-back and Flahive who looks a more natural wing-back. If the three lads in Cork's full-forward line aren't firing I can see Cork struggling for scores from elsewhere.

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 23, 2018, 04:18:10 PM

I think Cork look limited enough in terms of scoring players - their half-forward line is made up of a lad who looks a midfielder or nothing - Deane, and White who is also more suited to either midfield or centre-back and Flahive who looks a more natural wing-back. If the three lads in Cork's full-forward line aren't firing I can see Cork struggling for scores from elsewhere.

How many of the Nemo players do you expect to come straight back into the starting team when they are available for selection?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Would have to agree, don't think Hurley is as good as his brother either. Deane isn't good enough, not a Cork county footballer.

Cork will continue to be inconsistent, with the injuries to the likes of Hurley & Powter and with the Nemo lads missing they'll loose games between now and the end of the season.

Kerry going for their 6th munster title in a row this summer and its hard not to see them emulate their great team of the late 70's early 80's by winning 8 in a row. Cork football is at a very low ebb.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 23, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

How many of the Nemo players do you expect to come straight back into the starting team when they are available for selection?

Paul Kerrigan and Stephen Cronin are two I would have back in straight away.
Beyond that I think Michael Martin could/should be in the mix in terms of keeper and Luke Connolly is probably a squad player to my mind - I don't know if he is consistent enough to be a starter.
Don't know how Ronan McCarthy rates Barry O'Driscoll but I'd say squad player. Alan O'Donovan might be a bit of a bolter as Aidan Walshe is out with a long term injury and they seem to be looking at options around there.

Westside

Cavan team named. Obviously Mattie thinks Cork are tougher than Meath, Gearoid and Mackey start. Caoimhin Reilly inexplicably drops to the bench. Our starting Championship side won't be far off this.

Itchy

Tipp ahead of Meath by 6 points at half time!

Itchy

2-15 to 1-10 to Tipp. Meath looking at relegation difficulty now. Great opportunity for cavan or cork tomorrow.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

twohands!!!

February 4       Meath 0-21 Clare 0-07
February 11   Clare 0-11 Tipperary 0-11
February 24   Tipperary 2-15 Meath 1-10

Says it all about Division 2

Horse Box

Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2018, 08:57:40 PM
What a scalp for Tipp

Handy win for Tipp . Great composure in the last 10 minutes even after the Meath goal unlike the Roscommon game . Louth next and a win will see us safe anything after that is a bonus 8) !

tippabu

Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2018, 08:57:40 PM
What a scalp for Tipp

no scalp about it, meath are living off reputation, they were very poor tonight. keep them out of the scoring zone and theyve very little threat, theyve noone who can kick from over 35 yards, had to work any 45s shot. having said that theyll prob come out and hammer whoever they play next week, that is division 2. win next week and we are safe....then we can think about promotion but need to get over louth first

Westside

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 23, 2018, 03:56:58 PM

5. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)

Subs:

Wouldn't be a big surprise if Cavan win, either way i'm expecting Cavan to gain promotion back to Div one now. What I can't get over is the amount of poor mouthing the Cavan supporters were doing before the league started. They won 4 in a row Ulster U21 titles 2011 to 2014 those players are at the right age to make Cavan established Div one team in the years ahead if not they will be underachieving.

There are a grand total of 8 of today's Cavan squad that were a part of those 4 U21 teams. So we've brought an average of 2 players in per team. We played 10 debutantes against Clare in the first round. 11 of today's squad are playing their first year of senior intercounty football.

Poor mouthing?

grounded

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2018, 10:25:55 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 23, 2018, 03:56:58 PM

5. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)

Subs:

There are a grand total of 8 of today's Cavan squad that were a part of those 4 U21 teams. So we've brought an average of 2 players in per team. We played 10 debutantes against Clare in the first round. 11 of today's squad are playing their first year of senior intercounty football.

Poor mouthing?

Ive always wondered about that. Its a terrible return for such a period of dominance at u21 level. What happened that so few have come through during that period?

I do expect Cavan to beat Cork today though given their improving form, though given the way results have gone so far its hard to predict.