Paddy Purcell,
Éanna Lyons,
Jack Kelly,
Cian Taylor,
Aaron Bergin,
Charles Dwyer,
Willie Dunphy.

SpeculativeEffort

This game highlights how shallow our pool of hurlers is. We still havent recovered from the early retirements of the likes of Butch Stapleton, John A Delaney, Joe Fitz etc. Very young panel. We really lack a core group of 24 to 30 year olds. A good few starting with Laois are not even the mainstay of their club teams yet. Tipp demolished us with their 2nd string.

burdizzo

It'll hardly be Laois's first team, either, will it?

clonadmad

Are you seriously suggesting that Laois with their full compliment would get closer to Tipp with their full compliment.

Tipp had 2 starters from this years all ireland semi,starting and they gave lads who would be considered good club hurlers a run out yesterday.

I'd fear the margin would be even greater.

burdizzo

Of course not, but it should be mentioned we were missing a few, too.

Tobias

Anyone at the game? Anyone show well?

Tobias

Westmeath gave a full Tipp team a good rattle in the championship last year. Man for man we are better than Westmeath.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tobias on December 11, 2017, 03:11:16 AM
Westmeath gave a full Tipp team a good rattle in the championship last year. Man for man we are better than Westmeath.
[/quote

Not trying to get into an argument here but why the assumption that we are man for man better than Westmeath,  I would assume we are but that it would be close with Westmeath having better underage players.  I think traditionally Laois should be better but and definitely would not be an expert in Hurling but I am not sure there is any gap between Laois & Westmeath.

clonadmad

You are delusional if you think Laois at the minute would get within 12/15 points of Tipperary

What did Dublin beat us by this year?

How much of a hiding did Tipp then dish out to Dublin?

Don Draper

Relax lads, its December. We beat Kerry last weekend, I think we play Westmeath soon. Its just about getting games, fitness and exposing lads to the levels required. Go 'asy.

blueandwhite1

5 of the 6 backs picked are not regular starters. Good to see them getting a run on what must have been a tough day.

Even when we had 'good' teams, we always get hammered by Tipp. I remember one exception where they only beat us by a few points and that was more than 20 years ago.

Tobias

Quote from: clonadmad on December 11, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

You are delusional if you think Laois at the minute would get within 12/15 points of Tipperary

What did Dublin beat us by this year?

How much of a hiding did Tipp then dish out to Dublin?

My point is if Westmeath can do it we should be able to (albeit a once off). IMO we are better than Westmeath, as results show we have consistently beaten them in league and championship.
Its not even the new year and the pessimism is almost at max level.

Don Draper

We're a very pessimistic county tbf

redsetanta

So called weaker teams always have a chance in a one off game however it's rare if ever they beat one of the better counties. Fair enough Westmeath gave Tipp a right battle but we did the same with Galway for two years in a row and also went toe to toe with Clare.
Tobias is right. aside from U21 level we have had the upper hand on them particularly at senior where it counts most.
Also regarding the Dublin game last year we competed very well up to half time with only half a team of regular starters due to injury and suspension.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi