All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 26, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 05:13:58 PM

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2017, 01:23:16 PM
If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Enright is a liability.

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.
I couldn't disagree more.

I wonder what games some people watch at times. Enright has played plenty of high profile games before, it should be evident that the guy is not up to it. He has no pace, he can't tackle and his discipline and propensity to give away needless frees is shocking.

He'd struggle to make decent club side to be honest, by far the worst player I can remember to ever win an All Star.
Well played. Enright was poor over the two games. I believe that historically he's a good player. But once you're happy you're right then that's what matters.

Funny enough he won two clear balls in front of Moran in the first half despite him being so poor.

What games have you seen him in that he was good?

I must not have been watching them.

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 06:42:54 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 26, 2017, 06:36:15 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 06:34:00 PM
Well done to Mayo today. Kerry are awful, it was good to see a ref finally make them pay for their dirty antics and orchestrated fouling. Hopefully the ref will be strong tomorrow.

I hope the ref is strong tomorrow also because it will be hot and heavy early on and tyrone will be like psychos or so enda mcginley says.

I said they don't play with 14 or 15 players inside their own 45.

Are you the guy who said Mayo and Kerry don't play with sweepers?

Chimley

Mayo have surpassed themselves this Summer and on our past years efforts it is no mean feat. 7 semi finals in a row and now our 4th final in 6 years. The glaring fact that we've failed to get over the line remains but I remember the Sunday game panel writing us off a few weeks ago as not being mentioned in a top 2 or 3 and that will no longer be the case. This team keeps rewriting their own history.

Wildweasel74

larryin89
Re: All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20
« Reply #712 on: August 24, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »
The whole county now seems to think aido is the best full back since mick lyons. Love my county but detest the way some are so naive . Aido was roasted. And it will be worse if we persist the next day.

Kerry by 8

Set up same again Larry, be nice you some trust in your own team tuh tuh!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 07:48:21 PM
If you think saying Dublin is going to beat Tyrone is childish nonsense you're not going to be in a good mood tomorrow. I'm not the one throwing my toys out of the pram and getting personal because someone said something I didn't agree with.

You post repeatedly, plonker, like it's a fait accompli.

Don't do such, child  and expect adult interactions.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Unquestionably the best side never to win an AI title. They are a side that neutral followers can enjoy as well as they are rarely involved in a dull game at the business end of the season. No disrespect to Dublin or Tyrone but there will be 31 counties rooting for them in September hoping they can finally reach the promised land. History beckons and I'm predicting now that they will beat Tyrone in the final, a side who they seem to have a hoodoo over.

Wildweasel74

They are probably better than a fair few sides that have won all-irelands but came at a time when Donegal and Dublin had their best ever teams too, is this now 4 all-Ireland finals in recent years?

Esmarelda

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 07:54:27 PM

If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Enright is a liability.

How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.

I wonder what games some people watch at times. Enright has played plenty of high profile games before, it should be evident that the guy is not up to it. He has no pace, he can't tackle and his discipline and propensity to give away needless frees is shocking.

He'd struggle to make decent club side to be honest, by far the worst player I can remember to ever win an All Star.
Well played. Enright was poor over the two games. I believe that historically he's a good player. But once you're happy you're right then that's what matters.

Funny enough he won two clear balls in front of Moran in the first half despite him being so poor.

I don't recall. I don't recall a poor one up until last week. You mustn't have been.

haveaharp

Quote from: yellowcard on August 26, 2017, 08:03:41 PM
Unquestionably the best side never to win an AI title. They are a side that neutral followers can enjoy as well as they are rarely involved in a dull game at the business end of the season. No disrespect to Dublin or Tyrone but there will be 31 counties rooting for them in September hoping they can finally reach the promised land. History beckons and I'm predicting now that they will beat Tyrone in the final, a side who they seem to have a hoodoo over.

31? I don't think so

yellowcard

Quote from: haveaharp on August 26, 2017, 08:13:11 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 26, 2017, 08:03:41 PM

31? I don't think so

Who won't? I wouldn't be too up with local rivalries if that is what you are referring to.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2017, 07:32:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 07:08:44 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2017, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
congratulations to Mayo today by far the better side Kerry simply second best. This kerry side are very overrated and Mayo proved again to be a team on a mission which hopefully fails against Tyrone on the 3rd Sunday but that's for another day. Well done.
Is there a match on in Omagh?

Not to my knowledge you tool.

Seafoid as a Croke Park phobia. I believe Galway are more than 15 years without a Championship football win at Croke Park. He's been hysterical the past couple of weeks.
Wow Bomber. Unfortunately you can't enter the uaisleacht lounge with 3 all Irelands

Sorry Bomber didn't realise the tool was a small ball enthusiasts.  Obviously a bit of Mayo  Falic envy going on .

highorlow

Thanks Zulu.

This is our year. I said it to Billy Keane after we sneaked passed Cork.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

An Watcher

As a Tyrone man I'm delighted for Mayo however if (and it's a massive if), we can scrape past Dublin tomorrow I'd be alot more confident of beating mayo than Kerry.

larryin89

Quote from: An Watcher on August 26, 2017, 08:49:54 PM
As a Tyrone man I'm delighted for Mayo however if (and it's a massive if), we can scrape past Dublin tomorrow I'd be alot more confident of beating mayo than Kerry.

Makes sense but the winner will come from tomorrow's game , nobody doubts that.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 26, 2017, 08:11:06 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 07:54:27 PM

Enright Harrison Higgins

Enright is a liability.

How is he a liability?

I don't recall. I don't recall a poor one up until last week. You mustn't have been.

Off the top of my head he has had stinkers in a lot of big games.

He was very poor against Tyrone in 2015, should have been black carded for dragging Peter Harte down. He was awful against Mayo in 2014 and should have seen a red card early doors. A few weeks ago against Galway he was terrible and was lucky not to get a straight red card for poleaxing a Galway player coming through.

He's a weak link and I can only assume you haven't seen him play much, he's always having to resort to cynical fouls and today he was like the cat on his ninth life.