All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Andy Morgan's runs are so intelligent. I said that day in Limerick that they weren't making the most of them. They are now. I like the look of that Loftus lad as well.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 05:27:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 26, 2017, 05:20:38 PM
Mayo good value for their margin of victory and won all the key battles all over the field. The only concern is conceding 0-17 but its only a slight concern as Dublin conceded 2-14 against Kerry in the semi final last year.

Over the two games Rochford have shown he is a better manager than fitzmaurice the next step is to outsmart Gavin or Harte.

I don't know that Rockford out thought fitzmaurice or anything, although they were a bit cuter with Aidan o shea today. I just think in the key positions mayo were stronger and better. As they were last day. Today they just managed not to implode.

Yeah. Anyone hyping up Mayo should be careful to remember it took them two matches to beat a side they were clearly better than from the word go. They're not going to be so much better than Dublin so a massive and perhaps unattainable improvement is necessary.

Any side that beat Kerry by 5 points scoring 2-16 in All Ireland semi final deserves the hype that comes their way. Dublin in the semi final only beat Kerry by 2 points last summer and lost the NFL final to them.  Mayo were also the better team in the drawn All Ireland final last year but didn't win. Last but not least Dublin are not into the final yet..

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2017, 05:41:08 PM
Mayo good value for their margin of victory and won all the key battles all over the field. The only concern is conceding 0-17 but its only a slight concern as Dublin conceded 2-14 against Kerry in the semi final last year.

Over the two games Rochford have shown he is a better manager than fitzmaurice the next step is to outsmart Gavin or Harte.

I don't know that Rockford out thought fitzmaurice or anything, although they were a bit cuter with Aidan o shea today. I just think in the key positions mayo were stronger and better. As they were last day. Today they just managed not to implode.

Yeah. Anyone hyping up Mayo should be careful to remember it took them two matches to beat a side they were clearly better than from the word go. They're not going to be so much better than Dublin so a massive and perhaps unattainable improvement is necessary.

Any side that beat Kerry by 5 points scoring 2-16 in All Ireland semi final deserves the hype that comes their way. Dublin in the semi final only beat Kerry by 2 points last summer and lost the NFL final to them.  Mayo were also the better team in the drawn All Ireland final last year but didn't win. Last but not least Dublin are not into the final yet..

That NFL final was a real guide to the summer alright.

Wildweasel74

Kerry will go back to Jack O`Connor if he wants it, saying he was over the first 2 all-ireland winning minor teams, i expect major blooding of new players over the next 2 years to bring Kerry to a force again over the next 2/3yrs. Killian Spillane must have went back in the football, he was a big high scoring forwards a few years back. Clifford staying and future development will be important to Kerry as possible looking how Mark O`Connor getting on over in the AFL

SkillfulBill

congratulations to Mayo today by far the better side Kerry simply second best. This kerry side are very overrated and Mayo proved again to be a team on a mission which hopefully fails against Tyrone on the 3rd Sunday but that's for another day. Well done.

Never beat the deeler

What did Durcan get the second yellow for? I seemed to miss that on the tv.
Also, no qualms with COC black even though it technically wasn't a black per the rule. That's what it was brought in for.

I called the DOS incident a black in real time and haven seen a replay. Very little analysis offered on tv.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

More of guide that your constant ramblings.

seafoid

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
congratulations to Mayo today by far the better side Kerry simply second best. This kerry side are very overrated and Mayo proved again to be a team on a mission which hopefully fails against Tyrone on the 3rd Sunday but that's for another day. Well done.
Is there a match on in Omagh?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2017, 06:11:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

More of guide that your constant ramblings.

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how Kerry will to put it up to Dublin in the final now, alright.

Can't even bring yourself to do anything other play the man when you get called out.

BennyHarp

Well done to Mayo today. Kerry are awful, it was good to see a ref finally make them pay for their dirty antics and orchestrated fouling. Hopefully the ref will be strong tomorrow.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 06:34:00 PM
Well done to Mayo today. Kerry are awful, it was good to see a ref finally make them pay for their dirty antics and orchestrated fouling. Hopefully the ref will be strong tomorrow.

I hope the ref is strong tomorrow also because it will be hot and heavy early on and tyrone will be like psychos or so enda mcginley says.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 26, 2017, 06:36:15 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 06:34:00 PM

I hope the ref is strong tomorrow also because it will be hot and heavy early on and tyrone will be like psychos or so enda mcginley says.

Are you the guy who said Mayo and Kerry don't play with sweepers?
That was never a square ball!!

GalwayBayBoy

They'll be some amount of ticket swapping done between Galway and Mayo this week and the weeks after anyway.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2017, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
Is there a match on in Omagh?

Not to my knowledge you tool.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how Kerry will to put it up to Dublin in the final now, alright.

You really are a persistent plonker, aren't you! :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...